FM24 Transfer Budget

2 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

What you mean @toon army 06? If I understood correctly, how to spend more from the original transfer budget, right? Well, if you have money in wages, go to Finances:

6.png.d733b218d2673c3a33213db9948f7a01.png

Make Budget Adjustment

7.png.04175678b55810ea0dfdcf947a127e41.png

I mean the new feature, where you can have a -Transfer budget.

"A brand new feature in FM24 is the ability to overspend your transfer budget. If you do that, you'll notice that your transfer budget becomes negative. Once you go into the red, you'll be informed that you need to either sell players or transfer clauses in order to generate income that can help you break even"

Edited by toon army 06

2 hours ago, Jamie Cortez said:

This doesn’t seem to make financial sense.

It might do if you are buying player costing more than you have in your budget then once achieved selling a player or players to break even / put money back in. I have had transfers rejected when just a few K short (contract add-ons can do this to you)

I think it will be where there are small differences between transfer funds and player cost. Ive just tested transfer with a potential deficit of 500K and transfer was cancelled

Edited by MrPompey

This is just guesswork but...

In previous FMs you could rack up huge transfer debts by loading up on players with massive future fees - instalments, appearances, and the like. But there were very few consequences; the board might cut your transfer budget but you could often get away with it for years.

My guess is that in FM24 there may be more immediate consequences where the board will not only zero your future transfer budgets but also demand that you sell players to get the debt down to whatever they consider reasonable. And you might be sacked if you can't or won't comply.

4 hours ago, MrPompey said:

It might do if you are buying player costing more than you have in your budget then once achieved selling a player or players to break even / put money back in. I have had transfers rejected when just a few K short (contract add-ons can do this to you)

I think it will be where there are small differences between transfer funds and player cost. Ive just tested transfer with a potential deficit of 500K and transfer was cancelled

Yea it's just the board let a transfer fall through because I needed an extra 4k.

I guess the new feature is just to do with add on's & maybe the board putting extra funds in for a player? Where you now need to give it back by selling a player?

2 hours ago, toon army 06 said:

Yea it's just the board let a transfer fall through because I needed an extra 4k.

I guess the new feature is just to do with add on's & maybe the board putting extra funds in for a player? Where you now need to give it back by selling a player?

Might need to be managing the club for a while / doing well for the board to help out and approve it