FM23 - Growing Gambia

ToMexico!!

th?id=OIP.VnZoKUl1VmMNa0biW7kHjgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

The Gambia

First and foremost, the only reason I chose Gambia is because Newcastle were linked and subsequently signed Gambian national Yankuba Minteh from Danish club OB. 

Based in West Africa, The Gambia is surrounded by Senegal and is home to roughly 2.4m people. We start this save in Serekunda, the Gambia's largest urban centre and is situated close to the Atlantic coastline and just 13km the capital city of Banjul. 

The national team is currently joint 118th in the World Rankings and despite its size has produced some decent players including Nicolas Jackson (at Villarreal) and Musa Barrow (at Bologna). 

th?id=OIP.dIdJeDEHdYd7KGVuB3M3sgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Banjul Hawks Football Club

Founded in 1973, they play their home games at the 2000-capacity Serakunda East Mini-Stadium. The club has poor training and youth facilities but does possess average junior coaching and basic youth recruitment. 

They have won the Gambian First Division three times, most recently last season and also won the Gambian Cup four times. They have also participated in the African Confederations Cup four times, reaching the 1st Round in 1984, 2007, 2016 and 2018. 

2022-23

We're already one season through in this save and we're already league and cup double winners. 

We have some decent players at the club already; 16 year old Musa Touray top scored with 18 goals as a Support Striker whilst Omar Sarr netted 17 goals as the advanced forward. The current average age of the squad is 21 as we have been utilising our youth players. 

We've been given a transfer budget of nearly £40k to spend and a weekly wage budget of £2,755 of which we are spending £2,410 at the moment. 

Winning the league means we enter the Champions League for the first time, we have been drawn against Algerian side USM Alger in the Preliminary Round. I expect a battering from them. 

6d284ed328ea9b67d48e6186de8157de.png

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October 2023

The new season ticks over in September but we had to wait until October 19th for the transfer window to open. 

152e924d15482a9bfd4d8d35e2cd48f9.png

Seven players joined. 

Moses Jarju is the pick of the bunch, joining from Fortune FC on a free transfer. He will slot in at either defensive midfield or more likely centre back, he will be installed as first choice penalty taker. A new left winger signs, Mansour Mbye joins from Banjul FC, eight league goals last season is a good sign. 

Dampha is our new starting goalkeeper, Kujabi will slot in at CM, Bah is a back up centre back, Manneh another option at AMC and Camara will be a rotational RB. 

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yay. Glad you are back with another African adventure. Good luck in Gambia.

It would be interesting to see you manage the Gambian national team at some point.

Thanks. We'll see how this one pans out. It should see me out until FM24 is released to be honest. 

The idea of managing the national side is always there but its never been the same in reality. 

9 hours ago, ChaosClive said:

Best of luck. Build a nation saves are always are good read,

Thanks Clive! Helping the national side bodes well with only being able to have four foreign players registered with the club. 

1 hour ago, corinthiano said:

Following this one with interest :)

Banjul Hawks have been dominating Gambia in my save but have made no mark in África, I am sure you’ll do a lot better that that!

Thanks Corinthiano. 

Yeah, I mean I could have picked a more difficult club domestically but in the continental competitions its going to be a bit of a slog. 

December 2023

We've reached the start of the domestic season. 

We took a small break having been dumped from the Champions League before playing five friendlies, where we secured five wins. 

Lets take a look at the first choice XI for the new season ahead. 

• GK - Ebou Dampha - new signing from Waa Banjul, we play them on the opening day of the season. 
  • RB - Ebou Camara - another new signing also from Waa Banjul
  • CB - Moses Jarju - the best player at the club by far, on pens and new club captain. 
  • CB - Modou Darboe - played 27 times for us last season, either footed, shame his vision isn't better. 
  • LB - Sainey Sanyang - prime candidate for being replaced next, can cross for days. 
  • CM - Alagie Kujabi - will play the more defensive of the two CM's. Utilise his passing ability. 
  • CM - Sellou Jallow - physically poor but only 17. Some great mentals at his age. 
  • RW - Abdourahman Jobe - can run, can dribble and can cross. Not much else. Wants to leave at the end of his contract. 
  • AMC - Musa Touray - was class last season with 18 goals at 16 years old, even in Gambia thats pretty good. 
  • LW - Mansour Mbye - Hopefully a goalscoring winger for us, scored eight times for Banjul Utd last season. Bodes well. 
  • ST - Omar Sarr - the grandaddy of the club at 29, next oldest in the starting XI is 21. 17 goals last season. 

Let's roll on to the new season.

30 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

How are the Gambian national team doing?

Up to 109th in the World now. 

Just finished 2nd in the African Cup of Nations Qualifying Group G behind Mali but ahead of Congo. Beaten Eritrea in a friendly whilst drawing against Namibia and Mozambique in other friendlies. Their latest games came against Malawi, beating them 5-2 over two legs to advance to reach the group stage of the African World Cup qualifiers. Group of death though with Cameroon, Nigeria and Algeria. 

4 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Up to 109th in the World now. 

Just finished 2nd in the African Cup of Nations Qualifying Group G behind Mali but ahead of Congo. Beaten Eritrea in a friendly whilst drawing against Namibia and Mozambique in other friendlies. Their latest games came against Malawi, beating them 5-2 over two legs to advance to reach the group stage of the African World Cup qualifiers. Group of death though with Cameroon, Nigeria and Algeria. 

Not bad then. Hopefully with your help they will progress and get better.

Hopefully some of your players will get called up.

I am tempted to a simiar save with with a Zimbabwe. Zambia or Uganda team and also run it as a joint club/country save.

7 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

You love your African saves! Also the penalty taking defender genuinely looks good 

They genuinely hold more interest for me than most other saves. Such an untapped continent on FM. 

Two pens scored in five games so far. Four clean sheets in that time too.

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

They genuinely hold more interest for me than most other saves. Such an untapped continent on FM. 

Two pens scored in five games so far. Four clean sheets in that time too.

Agreed - wish they would add some more leagues. I absolutely love scouting in Africa. 

June 2024

End of the season but I think the dominating domestically piece was a bit premature. 

We won the league, unbeaten in fact with 18 wins and four draws from our 22 league games. We scored 66 goals, at a rate of 3 a game exactly and conceded just six. Our biggest win of the season was away against Wallidan where we won 8-0. 

d4b7a0b450b548d50df321bfc5ce689d.png

In the Gambian Cup, we beat Wallidan, Gambia Armed Forces and PSV Wellingara (no relation to the Dutch side in game) en route to the final where we faced Falcons. Missing star centre back Moses Jarju and Omar Sarr having a stinker we lost the final 1-0. 

23ecd9d1bdeaa6ee23c5a9e7ee67be06.png

Omar Sarr top scored this season with 21 goals in 24 games, whilst wingers Mbye and Jobe both hit double figures. 17 year old Musa Touray had a more creative season in comparison to last season, scoring nine goals and also making nine assists. Star centre back Moses Jarju scored nine goals of his own, with eight of those coming from the penalty spot, not missing a single penalty in the process. 

Financially we're comfortable and sit with £50k in the bank and the time of writing. 

3caa09ef3ca7e7c92fec327e6aad1d36.png

September 2024

It was Gambia v Burkina Faso in the African Nations Qualifiers just four days ago.

4bdde72fe88dc1bd1681a3ace148320e.png

Gambia dominated and came out 1-0 winners thanks to a solitary goals from Nicolas Jackson. They sit top of their group with two wins from two having beat Togo four days prior to this victory. 

And in the African Champions League it was The Gambia versus Burkina Faso again as we took on Salitas FC in the Preliminary Round. 

261a4e02b807a763a8ea9f8ebfea7a98.png

Wow, a felt we could compete and nick a narrow win but to score seven goals against a team of Salitas' calibre in very good. We've changed formation for this season;

58b511a1cc68f707c045121a88f9f91e.png

We know we're quite good going forward and defensively solid. Lets test that theory, Moses Jarju is a beast in relative terms, lets utilise him the best we can, he moves to a Libero role where he can cover the defense yet step out from the back when given a chance. Jawara is a RB by trade but has good crossing, determination, work rate, fitness and acceleration to make that right hand side his own, with Jatta or A.Nother right winger cutting inside, he has plenty of space to get up and down the wing. If and when we improve our choices at DM, that role will change to a Segundo Volante or Regista, depending on their fit. 

Anyway, a week later we go to Burkina Faso for the return leg, and we changed nothing. I never do. 

0ef12852e365514f21aed79ed72a31e9.png

We lose 2-1 but win on aggregate 8-6. We advance to the First Round where will face Tunisian giants Club Africain. :ackter:

October 2024

25acb5f024a95470add7e091acd2f1a1.png

It was a non-contest, I'm just pleased with scored in both legs. We were without our starting GK and Moses Jarju in defense as they were called up to The Gambia squad. 

e856e94e4476d223859f805d85093af5.png

Really helped the finances though, £250k in gate receipts from the away leg in Tunisia. 

October 2024

b0cab0bbfb43ee79a98a46a4d622a8b3.png

Reinforcements arrive as the transfer window opens. 

Lamin Dukureh was someone I tried to sign when the save started but he opted to move to Falcons. A well-rounded player with lots of double digits across the board, he will slot in at RW. Bai Sonko was released by Real de Banjul, in he comes to take the starting defensive midfield spot. Ismaila Manneh offers another option at RW on a non-contract basis. 

We could do with a back-up GK and another striker to potentially replace Sarr. 

November 2024

4d2bd63f635887c0aa2dc8c0ed02ffc2.png

Comfortable win over two legs, rotated in the 2nd leg. 

We qualify for the group stages of the Confederation Cup. 

e7fc08097043c45f3d634e2306781953.png

Cape Town City from South Africa, Hearts of Oak from Ghana and Petro de Luanda from Angola. 

7 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

October 2024

25acb5f024a95470add7e091acd2f1a1.png

It was a non-contest, I'm just pleased with scored in both legs. We were without our starting GK and Moses Jarju in defense as they were called up to The Gambia squad. 

e856e94e4476d223859f805d85093af5.png

Really helped the finances though, £250k in gate receipts from the away leg in Tunisia. 

Not much difference in attendance between the two legs then :lol:

7 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

October 2024

aeec9860227fb258dcb2ebcdab9de7ac.png

Forgot this happened, we drop into the Confederations Cup. We face Leones Vegetarianos from Equatorial Guinea in the 2nd Round. 

Lovely team name!

8 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

September 2024

It was Gambia v Burkina Faso in the African Nations Qualifiers just four days ago.

4bdde72fe88dc1bd1681a3ace148320e.png

Gambia dominated and came out 1-0 winners thanks to a solitary goals from Nicolas Jackson. They sit top of their group with two wins from two having beat Togo four days prior to this victory. 

And in the African Champions League it was The Gambia versus Burkina Faso again as we took on Salitas FC in the Preliminary Round. 

261a4e02b807a763a8ea9f8ebfea7a98.png

Wow, a felt we could compete and nick a narrow win but to score seven goals against a team of Salitas' calibre in very good. We've changed formation for this season;

58b511a1cc68f707c045121a88f9f91e.png

We know we're quite good going forward and defensively solid. Lets test that theory, Moses Jarju is a beast in relative terms, lets utilise him the best we can, he moves to a Libero role where he can cover the defense yet step out from the back when given a chance. Jawara is a RB by trade but has good crossing, determination, work rate, fitness and acceleration to make that right hand side his own, with Jatta or A.Nother right winger cutting inside, he has plenty of space to get up and down the wing. If and when we improve our choices at DM, that role will change to a Segundo Volante or Regista, depending on their fit. 

Anyway, a week later we go to Burkina Faso for the return leg, and we changed nothing. I never do. 

0ef12852e365514f21aed79ed72a31e9.png

We lose 2-1 but win on aggregate 8-6. We advance to the First Round where will face Tunisian giants Club Africain. :ackter:

Now that's a pretty avant garde formation!

On 16/06/2023 at 19:09, karanhsingh said:

Not much difference in attendance between the two legs then :lol:

Lovely team name!

Now that's a pretty avant garde formation!

Nope, could hardly tell the difference :D 

Let's just say the formation has worked a treat. We've had a couple of 9-0's, an 8-1 plus other five and six scorelines in our favour. Yes we've conceded more than last season but scoring for fun the other end is better. 

June 2025

Season three is over and it was another league win but this time it was unbeaten. But it wasn't just unbeaten, we didn't drop a single point, we won every single game. 

03481e2a34d11f70a5396dce7bd4f917.png

We scored 111 goals in 22 games (at a tad over 5 goals per game) and conceded 18, three times as many as last season but that's what happens when you play with one out-and-out defender. So we end the season with a plus 93 goal difference. 

In the cup we fell short again losing in the final to Falcon's yet again, a real humdinger of a game though as we saw a nine-goal thriller, we lost by the odd goal. 

22fb45fa44fec470ee1e9daf9255c335.png

In the Confederations Cup we had a tough-ish group in retrospect. Considering we took four points from Petro de Luanda who finished top of the group. 

3d2df8e7e62ea7015210e6d4958c2ccd.png

Anyway, I was pleased with the performance for the first time in such a position and we gained £240k from participating at this stage. 

Player wise plenty filled their boots with goals and assists. 

7 players hit double figures or more for goals, Jerreh Marong (a new deadline day signing) top scored with 41 from 26 games. A new table to show some players below; 

dd8113a170ec53ce725dd5dd9093494e.png

The biggest issue we have facing us at the minute is that Moses Jarju is unwilling to renew his contract at the moment and will be exploring his options, hopefully he has no options and we can tie him down for a couple of extra seasons or the Libero experiment could be on hold for a few seasons. 

0ea66d0b4ef73cbdede1bff3bae4bba9.png

We're sitting on a good wedge of money. Upgrades will take place soon to improve the youth player coming into the club. 

65786764e3650b6e8f541ca386dd6e17.png

July 2025

a7cd1ef650827d50b32b126f0344b094.png

A decent AFCoN 2025 campaign for The Gambia with an opening group game win over Cameroon included. 

We had one player involved, goalkeeper Ebou Dampha was on the bench. 

They are up to 71st in the World Rankings. 

Nov 2025

950b0e3f0ba9b07742c47812e31901dd.png

We raided Falcons for three new players. 

Bakary Touray joined to slot into DM, a player I've used before in an African save. A decent scoring record for Falcons albeit from a further forward position I would imagine. I opted to spend £20k on Jesus Gomez to add some more fire power to attack, he will replace Sarr in the rotation in role. And last to join from Falcons was back up goalkeeper Ousman Suno, he's not great, ultimately we had our pants down twice last season due to Dampha (our first choice) being called up for International duty and having to play an U19 player instead. 

June 2026

Season four is done and dusted. 

b9ed46613e6392b068a5f7f7a92b79dc.png

We drew two matches this season in the league, they were back-to-back against PSV Wellingara and Wallidan, this was at a tough time for the club with fixture congestion, injuries and bans for a couple of players. Anyway, a third season in a row unbeaten, which now stands at 67 games. Only 92 goals scored this season, 19 less than last season but we did concede one goal less with 17 compared to 18 the season before. 

We played Falcon's in the cup final for the 3rd successive time. We beat Greater Tomorrow, Real de Banjul and PSV Wellingara en route. 

feebccaf87578101867f2d577cbb03d4.png

We needed extra time to win 2-1. 

In the Champions League we had a good run. We beat Simba of Tanzania on away goals after a 4-4 aggregate scoreline. We then somehow beat Moroccan side Raja Casablanca 7-6 on aggregate to reach the Group Stage for the very first time. 

ba0600e4569b828961c46dad8c42dda6.png

We would face Al-Merreikh Omdurman (Sudan), Kaizer Chiefs (South Africa) and ES Tunis (Tunisia). 

3d1a8fcc29e2bc94693bbca24c16f3b6.png

We managed to win both home and away against Al-Merreikh, managed an home draw against Kaizer Chiefs and an away draw against an already qualified ES Tunis. 3rd in that group is a great result and helped with the finances extremely well. 

f9423279b410f1545496b25e1e259084.png

Less goals scored this season means for less wild viewing for individual scorers. I could add G/A per game average to each chart. 

622422fc3ef7db9e5dd59fb87c158736.png

Huge incomings thanks to the Champions League group stage appearance and some big away attendances. I've increased the scouting range already to West Africa, time to start searching for young'uns to nurture and sell on for profit. I will also look at youth recruitment and junior coaching again. 

47811b116f216792d8b64184ac7062de.png

November 2026

b45262eb67433bcd6d7252e25b56cbdd.png

Four players in for a total of £80k. 

We raided Senegalese side CNEPS Excellence for two players. Senegal is a hotbed for some of the better Gambian players to leave and join a club in a better league but now is the time we can attract some of those player back to Gambia. Modou Barrow is the first to cross that threshold, the young defensive midfielder was our record signing for a couple of weeks. 

On the same day, Chieck Thiam arrived as our first foreign signing from a former haunt of mine Ashanti GB in Guinea. The young left back offers a better-rounded ability than our current Gambian player there. 

Late in the window two further signings were made, Ghanaian winger-come-striker Christian Abade arrived from Inter Allies for an inital £30k rising another £6k when he's played 50 games. He will offer depth to both the wing and attack, utilising his left-footedness on the right hand side. The last and third foreign player to arrive was Oumar Kamara, our second signing from CNEPS Excellence for just £12k. The young defender will slot in as first choice CB alongside the marauding Jarju at Libero. 

Mar 2027

I've just completed the signing of....

991c2aa4b25961c5c852640675e72b0a.png

The player that gave me this save idea. I initially tried to sign him around a month prior but he wanted £900 p/w which whilst we could afford I couldn't justify paying. I looked again and his demands dropped considerably to just £300 p/w. Whilst he's not the best player, he's quick and good at dribbling/some finishing ability. He offers an alternative on the right wing. 

June 2027

Another season done. 

7f8cc6196a5c9868090c3fb302b922b7.png

We inexplicably lost a game this season, the penultimate game of the season against PSV. 109 goals scored this season and just 13 conceded, means we face just shy of the magical +100 goal difference. 

We made it another league and cup double, defeating Real de Banjul in the final, demolishing them 6-0 in the process. 

e65b0c82f9aee9b46d910f6d97cf12dc.png

In Europe Africa, we played Somali side Elman in the ACL Preliminary round and smashed them 12-1 on aggregate which set up a 1st Round tie against Ghanaian side Hearts of Oak. We lost the away leg and managed a draw at home but bowed out of the competition and dropped down into the Confederations Cup. We faced stiff competition in the 2nd Round, Sudanese side Al-Hilal Omdurman. A 3-1 home win set us in good stead for the away trip which saw us the draw the match. Into the group stage we went, We faced Angolan side Sagrada Esperanca, Zambian side Zanaco and Enyimba Aba from Nigeria. 

e5f2407bd8d00c64e442c576147f4f0d.png

Three wins and three losses saw us finish in 3rd place on head-to-head record against Sagrada Esperanca after they beat us 4-3 across the two group stage ties. 

5f0be728eeb3ddd5e88f033932c67185.png

56 goals from Marong is huge, he scored 11 hattricks this season including scoring seven against Falcons in one game. 

993e6ec45bfcbf622ae9e0f6592c156d.png

Financially we're very stable. Time to improve the facilities once again. 

581b8a894d11a20b2755ecb4fb6731bd.png

November 2027

2169ece3e92d62004e8788330e1bef5b.png

A fantastic season of competitive internationals for Gambia. 

Beating Ghana initially to top their AFCoN qualifying group, beating strong DR Congo and Mali side in the group stages of the tournament. Beating Angola and Ghana again en-route to the semi-final where they pushed Ivory Coast but fell just short. They then beat Guinea to confirm a 3rd place finish. 

They've just beaten Mozambique 5-3 on aggregate to reach the group stages for World Cup qualifying. They will face Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso and Guinea over the course of the next  two years to hopefully finish top of their group and qualify for the 2030 World Cup. 

The Gambia are currently 40th in the World Rankings. 

February 2028

2a36757e37e9e823541868a5a92fe8bc.png

A couple of winter transfers having not made any in the summer. 

Ousman Ceesay was released by his former club CNEPS Excellence having spent seven seasons in Senegal. The Gambian national accepted a non-contract deal and whilst he is better than Jerreh Marong I don't want to displace our current striker just yet. Our only signing was Ndongo Diop from the Senegalese side US Goree for an initial £20k rising to £40k. The young goalkeeper is an instant upgrade but I could see him moving on after a season or two with us earning some decent profit. 

June 2028

League and Cup double dominance has been achieved. Back-to-back-to-back doubles. 

We won the league at a canter, winning all 22 games, scoring 103 goals and conceding 11, annoying we conceded three on the last day of the season. 

We beat Bakau Utd, Real de Banjul and G-Tech en-route on the final. Beating PSV Wellingara 5-0 in the final. 

We beat Zambian side Nkana (6-2) and USM Alger of Algeria (6-2) in the early rounds to advance to the group stage. We faced Al-Merreikh Omduran (Sudan), Wydad Casablanca (Morocco) and SuperSport (South Africa). Four wins and two draws saw us top the group unbeaten and reach the quarter finals for the first time. We faced another South African side in Amazulu who were too strong for us as we lost 3-1 on aggregate. 

902a1c1622fe38b1d2bf83df015f9d48.png

09346f597363a733d2f6d4be66f58ab9.png

Ceesay was signed in January, I initially wasn't going to replace Marong but as you can see it worked out well in the end. Touray has peaked and probably at his limits but we still get game time next season even if I plan to replace him at AMC with a foreigner. Mbye is one goal shy of 100, I expect Ceesay to hit 50 plus next season. 

775fc4819073ffb7a99308b7386dd390.png

We spent a lot this season prior to the Champions League campaign, the training facilities were improved at £600k outlay. The youth setup is now costing us just shy of £500k a season so we need to continue with good performances in the ACL to combat that expenditure. Also the youth academy needs to start producing soon. We've also turned professional so that's an added expenditure. 

fae45a2f25a62b3562125d788913674b.png

October 2028

43c4b6fa7524eb814c99a19bb667467d.png

Two transfers in this summer as we raid the Ivory Coast for two young players. 

Hamed Ouattara arrives as the new CB to play alongside our Libero, Jarju. He replaces foreign departee Oumar Kamara who heads back to Senegal on a free transfer. Yves Diomande arrives from the highly reputable ASEC Mimosas for a big fee overall but 50% up front and the rest in six instalments. Although a central midfielder he will learn and play at AMC in rotation with Musa Touray. 

June 2029

Quadruple-double achieved. 

Two seasons without dropping a single point. 22 wins from 22 again. This time we scored 129 goals and conceded just three. 

Gambian Cup number five on the save. We beat PSV Wellingara, Falcons and Bakau Utd before beating Real de Banjul in the final. 

We beat Al-Ittihad Tripoli and MC Alger in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. We were drawn alongside Horoya AC (Guinea), Pyramids (Egypt) and Club Africain (Tunisia) in the group stages. A poorer performance this time round, two wins over Horoya and Club Africain and another point elsewhere saw us finish 3rd in the group. 

782ccf663f12e54b401883c2e79e6eb3.png

50 goals for Ceesay as predicted but could have/should have been more, Marong started five games so but due to rotation so he potentially missed out on 5+ more goals maybe. 20 goals from CB for Moses Jarju but 14 were pens though plus he missed one. 

ed60b4b7009d1a495d30511e0a89c17e.png

We end the season in slight profit thanks to an ACL payout of nearly £700k. I'm waiting on the next intake to decide where to improve next, maybe another improvement in the coaching and youth facilities next instead of the training facilities. 

66d56e1b46a67537ab8be87a65e445c8.png

June 2029

8e18ed4ef00b6e3b1a022af756095acd.png

An improved intake albeit no world-beaters. Potentially one player who could make an impact if his development goes well is Abu Camara. Great mental attributes in teamwork, work rate, determination, and bravery for a young lad, can finish extremely well but lacks some athleticism. If we can get some of those 8's and 9's to double figures we've got a decent enough player on our hands for the Gambian league. 

June 2026

cae11a1b6c1536e979716b3fd1dab3f5.png

Moses Jarju came off the bench in the 69th minute to make his international debut for The Gambia. He isn't the first representative from Banjul Hawks to play for The Gambia this season as back up left back Sainey Sanyang was capped back in March against the Ivory Coast. 

November 2029

d1c7b76210e792390f94117662a385eb.png

Just one player joins but then immediately heads back to his home nation on loan. Djibril Sidibe signs for £67k from Malian side Onze Createurs and then joins fellow Malian side Djoliba on loan for the season. I would have kept him and played him but we're restricted to four foreign players registered and we already had our spots filled.