Football Manager 2012! Technical query...

Hi,

FM12 remains my favourite post-CM series to date and I'm unable to play it through steam as Apple Macs do not support and run 32-bit games.

I plan to buy FM12 on disc and load it on the mac (through use of an external disc drive) - but I don't want to lug around a disk drive each time I play the game.

Is it possible to load the disc and burn/copy the FM12 packaged files and onto my computer? If so, how would I then retrieve the latest version of FM12 (for its time)?

Cheers all!

From memory ( it was a while ago!), FM 12 required activation through steam and if so, you would not need the disc after initial activation

It could also be that you dont need to buy the disc at all and that you can only buy an activation code that is activated on steam.

• SI Staff

The only workaround that I'm aware of would be to run a virtual machine with the last macos version to support 32bit software and install steam & the game into that VM. Performance probably won't be great though, and if you have a newer Apple sillicon mac the VM may be trickier to run (but I've not tried!).