is this player good enough ? advise needed please

You’re only showing us one side of the coin.  His coach report is equally important as that can detail any good or points regarding his “hidden” attributes such as consistency.

It may also be useful to show us your tactic as a striker underperforming may also be tactic related.

(In your other thread regarding your defence it’d be useful to show your tactic there as well).

48 minutes ago, wwffan2 said:

Hello

I have this guy in league one in england but he has done nothing so far despite his stats looking great, any advise on if i should keep or get rid, even during a loan spell he struggled.

image.thumb.png.5d0852a2c00736d7c3953f08c41c5939.png

image.thumb.png.ddfb322013d2744158b7f72896ee28b5.png

Based on your other post youre in the championship yes?

If so I'd say no, he's not good enough. He could be a decent poacher but they're heavily reliant on the tactic youre playing.

His concentration is horrible so he's prone to go missing during matches. Acceleration is also below par, but his off the ball movement balances that weakness a little bit.

Vision, teamwork, passing not good enough to play any creative/supporting role. Work rate too low for a pressing forward. On top of that, he needs to work on his consistency.

Could do a job as a Poacher in Conference North/South. In League One, emergency backup at best.

He's fairly slow, weak, poor at jumping and not very agile so he's not really going to give League One defenders a hard time

Has the technique to be a way above average finisher for the division on a good day if he actually gets a chance, but he's inconsistent so he has plenty of not good days, and apart from fairly smart off the ball movement compensating a little bit for the slowness doesn't have much else going for him.

24 minutes ago, wwffan2 said:

what would be most important attriubutes for advanced forward at this level

The game will give you the important attributes 

As for your player, he's only 20, he'll get better with the right development 

4 hours ago, wwffan2 said:

what would be most important attriubutes for advanced forward at this level

Usually an advanced forward will need a strong combination of off the ball and pace/acceleration. The other highlighted attributes are important as well, both those are the pivotal 3 imo.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

That can improve with age, but yeah, I don't think I'd be keeping him around, one for the loan list 

Have you had success turning around an "inconsistent" player (if so, how?)?

I'm willing to work on "doesn't enjoy big matches" in a youth player, but if the consistency is in the red I literally close the scout report 100% of the time. Found it difficult to change a player more than 3-4 attribtues over years of effort. 

3 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Have you had success turning around an "inconsistent" player (if so, how?)?

I'm willing to work on "doesn't enjoy big matches" in a youth player, but if the consistency is in the red I literally close the scout report 100% of the time. Found it difficult to change a player more than 3-4 attribtues over years of effort. 

I have, I've had young players start off inconsistent and then lose the tag a few years into their career 

Important Match rating is the same, that can improve over time as they get used to the big games

Match experience after turning 18 is vital, so the more they get, the more they'll improve. If you've no room for them in your team, loan them out to a league they're suitable for

In the OP's case here, getting his striker out on loan to a NL team could do him the World of good    

40 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I have, I've had young players start off inconsistent and then lose the tag a few years into their career 

Important Match rating is the same, that can improve over time as they get used to the big games

Match experience after turning 18 is vital, so the more they get, the more they'll improve. If you've no room for them in your team, loan them out to a league they're suitable for

In the OP's case here, getting his striker out on loan to a NL team could do him the World of good    

Hm interesting. I'll try loaning a guy out who's in the red over the course of the save and see how he goes. I think the tag disappears when they're at 10-11/20 consistency. 12+ are the green tags. 

• I believe our friends specific player has consistency of about 6 in that save.

At the moment: I'm only signing a player with a green tag because then they can improve into that 16-20 range where I always can rely on them when they step onto the pitch. Since the game is numbers driven, consistency seems like one of the most important factors you can control.

• On "enjoys big matches", I'm trying to figure out if they go up from having played in the "big games" or having won cup competitions specifically. Usually I focus on the league but have been throwing a lot more onto the FA/League cup of late.
Edited by Cloud9