[FM23.4] Muratti Vase (release)

Playing around with taking some of the unused nations and making them Guernsey, Jersey, and Alderney, with the annual Muratti Vase:

DOWNLOAD | backup | FLAGS

Skipton Cup (preseason club) | Island Games

Screenshots: (I think the "population" is hard-coded but is just aesthetic anyway):

Spoiler

sreen1.thumb.png.81234d59b8ff4018f8024743e64280ca.pngscreen2.thumb.png.6de033ea9d5130e00d45560160c1e9cb.pngloadallplayers.thumb.png.7af0ac3323384c11b89734d1366a611c.png

skipton1.thumb.png.e6bf4f624e9727c66686fd7e453bee9e.pngskipton2.thumb.png.4074f87322d5bd352761bda4444ff0da.png

Load all players from all 3 nations. Most of them come from lower league Guernsey FC and Jersey Bulls (this should make a nice add-on to @lionel messi's brilliant level 10 database). For tiny Alderney to have more players, we'll have to make the Guernsey Priaulx League (which the Alderney Nomads play in), this could be a future expansion along with the Island Games.

For some reason, Jersey and Guernsey play in the first year of Euro U21 qualifying (which is weird, but kind of cool), and then just Guernsey. The U19s and senior teams aren't in anything (except Muratti and friendlies, which we want).

I don't see any issues with WCQ, Euros, or Nations League so far. If you notice anyone missing who should have Guernsey/Jersey (or even Alderney) nationality, let me know.

Edited by themodelcitizen

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Playing around with taking some of the unused nations like "SEA Chinese" and makes them Guernsey, Jersey, and Alderney, with the annual Muratti Vase:

BETA DOWNLOAD | FLAGS

Screenshots: (I think the "population" is hard-coded but is just aesthetic anyway):

Reveal hidden contents

sreen1.thumb.png.81234d59b8ff4018f8024743e64280ca.pngscreen2.thumb.png.6de033ea9d5130e00d45560160c1e9cb.png

I highly recommend loading all players from the 2 larger islands, most of them coming from the English lower league Guernsey FC and Jersey Bulls (this should make a nice add-on to @lionel messi's brilliant level 10 database). For tiny Alderney to have any players, we'll have to make the Guernsey Priaulx League (which the Alderney Nomads play in), this could be a future expansion along with the Island Games.

There are still some questions I'm not sure about.

Take Guernsey FC, they're still an English club but in "based nation" of Guernsey. The city "Guernsey" is still in an English local region, but the "Guernsey" nation, so newgens have dual nationality.

Do we need to touch the nation of Guernsey's youth rating, game importance, etc? Or does England (or the English local region, to be more precise) control newgen quality?

EDIT: I put the three Channel Islands in Europe so they're playable. As of 2026, Jersey and Guernsey are participating in Euro U21 qualifying (which is weird, but kind of cool), but the U19s and senior teams aren't in anything (except Muratti and friendlies). This isn't so bad.

Also, greyed out players don't look quite right, players' first names are from the old nation (their last name looks fine, which I think is related to the "language" of the "city").

I don't see any issues with WCQ, Euros, or Nations League so far. If you notice anyone missing who should have Guernsey/Jersey (or even Alderney) nationality, let me know. At some point I'll add the 102-year history of the competition.

This looks really good. How many Divisions are you going to add for the Priaulx League? 

Ugh, it's a big job, adding all the clubs and competitions for both Jersey and Guernsey (and the inter-island Upton Park Trophy). Not sure I'll get to it anytime soon, seems like a Spring project.

For Alderney's greyed out names to no longer sound "Singh Indian" or whatever extinct country I used, I think we need a bigger name pool, but don't you need like 200+ created people for that to make a dent? I know people have just made retired refs before so they don't show up in the game. While we're at it we might as well add the top players from each club.

is anyone here based on the islands and has thought about a project like this before? Willing to contribute with some research/pointing me in the right directions?

Fixed the naming issue:

Spoiler

Alderneysquad.thumb.png.7e6d1aa94058a9d1672ba0ef527c7526.png

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • Rebuilt the 3 nations using Upper Volta, East Germany, and Zaire (thanks for the suggestions @Wolf_pd)
  • Duplicated 150+ English refs for each island, wiped their details and set them as 100 years old
  • Padded the namelist further by duplicating some more refs and giving them local French/Channel Islander names

Download link updated, and make sure to get the flags again too (you can delete your old Muratti graphics).

Now adding competition history  and testing make sure UEFA treats them the same way.

The countries I was previously using (SEA Chinese, West Malay, and Singh Indian) seem stuck with certain namelists that affect newgens and greyed out players, which we can't touch.

This isn't promising for a 16-team Island Games with the likes of Greenland and Saint Helena - although we can make something smaller, using Bermuda and maybe @Rainbowz's Isle of Man.

I think Froya, Hitra, and Saarema's national teams mostly come from clubs already in the game so we can probably work with them too.

Skipton Cup added, it's an annual pre-season friendly cup between Guernsey FC and Isle of Man FC. Obviously this goes best with an England lower leagues database like the level 10 one on this forum.

Going ahead with a slightly slimmed down Island Games file which will really pad this out, even if much of the players there will be greyed out at first.

Expanded to include the Island Games here, pick one or the other though - the Island Games file has the Muratti and then some, but uses most of the extinct nations so is incompatible with any projects that use one.

Muratti is not as expansive, though, and just adds the 3 Channel Islands using nations that aren't often used, so should be compatible with most DBs adding a nation.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it's compatible with his level 10 DB, newgens should come through as dual nationals. They can be called up by Jersey but if they're good enough they'll probably wait for an England call instead. Not sure if Muratti will "cap-tie" them because they're not FIFA. I'm gonna start an unemployed or Jersey Bulls save with his file soon too, so I'll find out.

If you use the wider Island Games file instead of Muratti, you also get the Isle of Man and Isle of Wight teams. The Skipton Cup gives you the Guernsey FC vs. Isle of Man FC preseason game too

11 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

OK we gotta change the club's "based nation" for that I think, I was only thinking of newgens. Change their "based nation" to Jersey or I can release a version like that

Okay so newgens will be duel registered but the "regens" that get created wont be? 

Sorry for annoying you lol

3 hours ago, samrnpage said:

Okay so newgens will be duel registered but the "regens" that get created wont be? 

Sorry for annoying you lol

Yea, that's what I mean by newgens, same as regens. Separate from the created players at game start (if you check that box), who only show up as English? No worries, I like hearing this stuff, I hadn't really thought of that because I hardly ever use that setting (mind, you I think in Lionel Messi's thread he might mention it's a bad idea with that file due to the created players having unrealistic wages). But it might be worth me changing the "based nation" back to Jersey, I used to have it that way, I just wasn't sure what other knock-on effects it would have

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Muratti Vase (release)