[FM23] Isle of Man Nation & League w/ European Qualification | Updated for 23.4.0

UPDATES

• Updated to work with the new 23.3.0 update

• Fixed Nations League qualifying issue
  • Removed Pulrose Reserves from Combination League Two (my mistake)
Edited by Rainbowz

58 minutes ago, MJB1986 said:

Thanks for creating the Isle of Man League, is this verified in the advanced settings or only in the basic?

Just basic, don't really need advanced for it.

1 hour ago, MJB1986 said:

That's a shame! If you want to do things like create the British Cup and add the Isle of Man, it needs to be verified in advanced rules.

Feel free to do that yourself once it's released, I just like to keep the DB as realistic as possible and don't want to overcomplicate it. It makes it easier if I need to edit it down the line.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM23] Isle of Man Nation & League w/ European Qualification - Version 1.0 Released!!
54 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Feel free to do that yourself once it's released, I just like to keep the DB as realistic as possible and don't want to overcomplicate it. It makes it easier if I need to edit it down the line.

The problem is, it's a lot more difficult to varify advanced databases and as it goes for keep things realistic there's a lot of databases that are varified through advanced settings such as the English one down to level 10. When I try to varify your databased in the advanced setting, it just doesn't like it. It's dificult to do, hence why you probably aren't entainting the idea. My point is, it will become a lot better and you can do a lot more when it's varified through the advanced settings as opposed to the basic.

2 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Hey random question, would this work with the no Champions League format change Databse?

I doubt it because it's not been set in the advanced settings only basic. I created a British Cup and tried to do it but it won't let you without having it verified in advanced settings.

On 10/11/2022 at 07:06, Vakama2619 said:

Hey random question, would this work with the no Champions League format change Databse?

Since it only replaces Kazakhstan's place in the Champions League there shouldn't be a problem, the number of qualified teams stays the same and the rules in the Champions League file are just those used in 22/23 and 23/24.

On 11/11/2022 at 18:08, V2023 said:

Since it only replaces Kazakhstan's place in the Champions League there shouldn't be a problem, the number of qualified teams stays the same and the rules in the Champions League file are just those used in 22/23 and 23/24.

This makes sense. I'll do some of my own testing to make sure, but I think you're right.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, gianninottihr said:

Hi,

How did you get your custom nation to play in the Nations League and European Championships? I've been trying to figure it out all morning. It's the only piece of the puzzle I need to sort out before my save is ready.

You need to go through the advanced settings to do that and before the creater tells you to just do that, try go through the advanced settings yourself and you will see how difficult it is. Hence why I doubt the creater of this mod will ever go through the advanced settings,

4 minutes ago, MJB1986 said:

You need to go through the advanced settings to do that and before the creater tells you to just do that, try go through the advanced settings yourself and you will see how difficult it is. Hence why I doubt the creater of this mod will ever go through the advanced settings,

Yeah I know it's hard, I've set up literally everything else through it all (the clubs, the league system etc). Just not sure on how to get the nation to play in European comps. I've been reading that it's very hard but would just like a little bit of guidance from those who have done it prior.

2 minutes ago, gianninottihr said:

Yeah I know it's hard, I've set up literally everything else through it all (the clubs, the league system etc). Just not sure on how to get the nation to play in European comps. I've been reading that it's very hard but would just like a little bit of guidance from those who have done it prior.

So is your data file currently saved in basic or advanced settings if you don't mind me asking?

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2022 at 12:36, gianninottihr said:

This guide by @krlenjushka explains how to do it better than I ever could

On 07/12/2022 at 16:00, phnompenhandy said:

Apologies if it's inappropriate here, but do you still do the Wales lower leagues, Rainbowz?

Nah, gave it up as it was too much work for my limited schedule. The Welsh lower leagues are a bit of a mess and really hard to replicate in FM. Down to tier 7 is possible with some work, anything below that requires some advanced editor wizardry that is beyond me.

9 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Nah, gave it up as it was too much work for my limited schedule. The Welsh lower leagues are a bit of a mess and really hard to replicate in FM. Down to tier 7 is possible with some work, anything below that requires some advanced editor wizardry that is beyond me.

Fair enough. There is a Tier 7 one that I used for a season. I would have used yours if you'd done one. No worries!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure this is an easy fix, but anyone starting a new save will see the Isle of Man go under Qatar (default). Not sure if a database fault or it has been broken with the mini update. 

Will try without any editor data later on just in case. 

Update- this was due to TMC’s Qatar league file. You can’t have both files loaded at the same time unfortunately. 

Edited by TheBigPog

11 hours ago, TheBigPog said:

I’m sure this is an easy fix, but anyone starting a new save will see the Isle of Man go under Qatar (default). Not sure if a database fault or it has been broken with the mini update. 

Will try without any editor data later on just in case. 

Update- this was due to TMC’s Qatar league file. You can’t have both files loaded at the same time unfortunately. 

Yes sorry mate I mentioned in there that it's incompatible with any file using Ireland pre-1922. I used to have a version without the extinct nation/Arab player rule but it became too time-consuming to update both. I might try and fix that this weekend by using a different extinct nation (possibly South Yemen or UAR) so it would be compatible with Rainbowz' great work here

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yes sorry mate I mentioned in there that it's incompatible with any file using Ireland pre-1922. I used to have a version without the extinct nation/Arab player rule but it became too time-consuming to update both. I might try and fix that this weekend by using a different extinct nation (possibly South Yemen or UAR) so it would be compatible with Rainbowz' great work here

Now I remember totally forgot about that!

great thanks!!

Does the national team now play in all qualifying matches?

Would like to start with Isle of Man FC in the lower league.

No European Championship qualification not read properly,sorry

Edited by erikeagles

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM23] Isle of Man Nation & League w/ European Qualification | Updated for 23.3.0
3 hours ago, erikeagles said:

great thanks!!

Does the national team now play in all qualifying matches?

Would like to start with Isle of Man FC in the lower league.

No European Championship qualification not read properly,sorry

Good news! European Qualification now works as normal

ba50afdad5cfc0a182bcff848f340eb8.png

Hi, do you have your latest update with European qualification also without the 23.3 update?

I don't want to play with the update or I will have to update all my tournaments for Isle of Mane and Great Britain

2 hours ago, erikeagles said:

Hi, do you have your latest update with European qualification also without the 23.3 update?

I don't want to play with the update or I will have to update all my tournaments for Isle of Mane and Great Britain

Attached an old version. The Nations League file should still work regardless of version

IoM Old Version.fmf

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, zangelmi said:

hi 

Iam in a job to make Greenland , i use your file to understand how to put in nations league and euro qualifiers , but for WC qualifiers i can add new greeenland m u can help me?

Hey, if you use my file as a base for your Greenland file, please give me credit. For the World Cup qualifiers, I'm not too sure. Mine just kind of worked. Moving Kazakhstan to Asia may have been the fix, but I'm not too certain.

Em 14/03/2023 em 13:06, Rainbowz disse:

Hey, if you use my file as a base for your Greenland file, please give me credit. For the World Cup qualifiers, I'm not too sure. Mine just kind of worked. Moving Kazakhstan to Asia may have been the fix, but I'm not too certain.

Ok I can give credits no problem , I put on Wc I forgot to use FIFA ranking,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Rainbowz changed the title to [FM23] Isle of Man Nation & League w/ European Qualification | Updated for 23.4.0

Hey @Rainbowz I was daydreaming about a build a nation save with yout IoM database. One of the main obstacles to success in this field is the lack of dynamism in important values that condition the quality of the newgens, among many other things. Here I found that the fixed values like Game Importance is determinant  but I can't find it in my saves. Do you know what this value is for your Isle of Man?

On 29/05/2023 at 10:36, Fugado said:

Hey @Rainbowz I was daydreaming about a build a nation save with yout IoM database. One of the main obstacles to success in this field is the lack of dynamism in important values that condition the quality of the newgens, among many other things. Here I found that the fixed values like Game Importance is determinant  but I can't find it in my saves. Do you know what this value is for your Isle of Man?

The game importance is set to Fairly Unimportant for Isle of Man in my DB. Feel free to change it in the editor if you need to, but that's the default. 

I've done a bit of experimentation with Manx regens by doing things like maxing out the facilities of clubs and whatnot and I can confirm you can get some pretty quality regens coming through eventually. I don't remember seeing anyone world-class, but 110-140 PA players were definitely appearing fairly regularly. There's also a very rare chance of some UK/Irish clubs generating Manx players, and I've seen a couple of them go on to be PL-level players. Plus it's 5 years to gain Manx nationality, so you can always go the nationalization route for a build a nation save.

If there's anything else you need to know about the mechanics, let me know.

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, kahuna399 said:

Hello, is there or will there be a fm24 version of this?

Hey, hopefully! I've been without my PC for the last couple of weeks but should be getting it back this weekend. Just a case of porting it over, checking nothing broke and that the data is correct and I should be ready to upload!

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2023 at 08:54, Rainbowz said:

Hey, hopefully! I've been without my PC for the last couple of weeks but should be getting it back this weekend. Just a case of porting it over, checking nothing broke and that the data is correct and I should be ready to upload!

Hello Rainbowz,

I was wondering if there was any update on this? Been itching to try your Isle of Man database in FM24