Random names given to newgens in Yugoslavia DB

wikifirelord

Similar to my previous post (I hope it is not forbiden to open two in quick succession ) I have noticed a little issue in my DB that I cant seem to fix whatever I do.  And the issue being is newgens that are generating are being produced with names that do not fit the city or region they are from. 

Now while I would wave this away usually It is not like 1 or 2 players. Its For every 5 new gens at least three have a name that does not fit the region or city they are from. In my case I am working on Yugoslavia database so majority of the players being generated should have majority Croatian,Serbian,Bosnian names with slight variance due to Slovenia , Macedonia , and Kosovo. However I feel like this variance is too high and some sound more Hungarian then from those regions with Hungarian language only being present in one region in it (Vojvodina) 

I have tried to edit the regions manually. I have tried to restart language to what it was before editing. I have tried to cut down the presence of said languages in regions by lowering Albanian and Hungarian to very low levels in all regions it was available (from 50 to 10) 

I have tried to manually add language to city a player would probably be generated from. 

I have tried to remove local regions that are not in the game originally (Slovenia and Montenegro)

However still majority of newgens sounds like they are either from Albania, Hungary or in some cases even a Spanish speaking state. I have checked all those players on the list below none have 2nd nationality and all were born in Belgrade,Zagreb,Rijeka or Split. If anyone has any ideas what may be the issue (I heard stadium are attached to it. I have checked they are all set to correct region) please help.

Examples down below. :

image.png
image.png

ue8Hz2dvFAKc2Nt6WsW00LeVEgirAfOXTIfDDpUk.png
eQOrndrKPq4tvNRsX7dVyMuhqEIf3YKi13Z9PC4y.pngTkEJm4fj0aJdRfZ7jzLt0oHbYXO8KzcZhTVGyVWC.pngIBn6a6qCFijt0iy67oIj4C8OehvRWNHClt0KEavZ.png

How is your setup exactly? Have you reactivated Yugoslavia or reused one of the former Yugoslav nations (I assume the first).

In the case you have reactivated Yugoslavia, which region did you add to the nation?

58 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

How is your setup exactly? Have you reactivated Yugoslavia or reused one of the former Yugoslav nations (I assume the first).

In the case you have reactivated Yugoslavia, which region did you add to the nation?

The original DB was not made by me I just took it as a building point and went on editing things in it to reach what I wanted to create aka closest possible representation of the nation as it was in Iron Curtain on FM14 modification (imo best representation of Yugoslavia ever made) for my own enjoyment and possibly if given permission share it online.  However this error was already in it question is from where.

But to get to the point the Nation itself has around 23 local regions out of which only two are converted to serve as region for Montenegro and Slovenia.  Rest were slightly edited to remove some languages. I have personally tried to revert them back to what they are without any modification even removing the two modified regions for Slovenia and Montenegro.

However this produced no changes and weird names were still being generated. I have even tried to revert languages to their default as I thought that may be the cause of the issue but it did not anything. I even went out of my way for testing purposes and added specific languages to cities in those regions however they were still generated with weird names. 

Edited by wikifirelord

24 minutes ago, wikifirelord said:

The original DB was not made by me I just took it as a building point and went on editing things in it to reach what I wanted to create aka closest possible representation of the nation as it was in Iron Curtain on FM14 modification (imo best representation of Yugoslavia ever made) for my own enjoyment and possibly if given permission share it online.  However this error was already in it question is from where.

It's still not clear if you're using Yugoslavia or have renamed any other nation. That is something that can tell what the problem is. 

There are (hidden) lists of names for countries and some of those lists don't seem to take regional differences into account. I don't know the situation with the former Yugoslav countries with those lists but in principle this is why an obvious Vojvodina(eg.) name can show up where it "shouldn't" be.

3 hours ago, Fredrik said:

It's still not clear if you're using Yugoslavia or have renamed any other nation. That is something that can tell what the problem is. 

There are (hidden) lists of names for countries and some of those lists don't seem to take regional differences into account. I don't know the situation with the former Yugoslav countries with those lists but in principle this is why an obvious Vojvodina(eg.) name can show up where it "shouldn't" be.

From what I can see based on changes, it was based on original Yugoslavia not the converted one from other countries. Would you suggest removing some of the regions and leaving only the basic ones in there? 

Update

Decided to test the above to see maybe it is too many regions and too many languages cut it down to 6 regions and removed Bulgarian and Albanian from it. Names still all over the place.

Edited by wikifirelord

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

This region influences player names as well.

image.thumb.png.9b964f74c54d6a3113477223abc13204.png

I tried switching it around slightly. I tried Southern Europe as that was what was selected for Croatia and I tried South Eastern Europe as well as Eastern Europe as that's what Serbia was selected as.

None gave the good results. Southern resulted in Italian name,Eastern in mostly Hungarian/Albanian names or a complete mix of all, South Eastern resulted in Greek/Bulgarian names being a majority.

Later when I am at my PC I will upload a zip that has around 14 different versions I have done to try and fix it and different ways I tried to fix it. From reverting regions to original state before editing, changing languages as well as the original DB that I am editing.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Removing the region alltogether might help you.

Well. It resulted in this. I think Željko Casillas is perfect example of how annoying this is haha. Last idea I have is to put specific language to each city in the regions in it see what that does.

UPDATE

Giving specific languages to each city did not work.

image.thumb.png.9482d7336df987053e115e6480304806.png

image.thumb.png.9ccc518ff88771ce8d71b42f397b641d.png

Edited by wikifirelord

If anyone here wants to have a crack at it and see where the issue may be I complied all the 14 attempts from me + the original DB that I used to begin work on this.

Super Jugoslavija-advanced rules - original DB I used to try and fix it and create my own Yugoslavia
Yugoslavia test - first version that I did that included blocking every nation in the game from signing Yugoslav players until they are over age of 27.

Everything else is my attempts to fix the names issue.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mn17gstlw4m2x7l/Yugoslavia+testing.rar/file

You might want to quickly create Yougoslavia from scratch in the editor, replacing a defunct nation such as Eire82 (I believe they do not have a regen name file). Create a bunch of regions and a bunch of cities with the relevant languages just for testing purposes.

I believe it should work. If it does, it means you have to recreate the database to get correct regen names:/

Tried few other things, removed Croatia,Bosnia,Serbia,North Macedonia from region/continent DB so they don't cause any conflicts....result. Did not help. In fact I dare to say. It increased the amount of Hungarian names.

EDIT

I have decided to go fresh and create my own Yugoslavia by replacing Serbia (as it seems this was method for previous iterations) as there does not seem to be a fix for this. I will be creating a thread regarding it in Editor Hideaway Download to show progress as it goes.

Thank you everyone who helped out here trying to find solution <3 

Edited by wikifirelord

On 12/12/2022 at 23:59, wikifirelord said:

Tried few other things, removed Croatia,Bosnia,Serbia,North Macedonia from region/continent DB so they don't cause any conflicts....result. Did not help. In fact I dare to say. It increased the amount of Hungarian names.

EDIT

I have decided to go fresh and create my own Yugoslavia by replacing Serbia (as it seems this was method for previous iterations) as there does not seem to be a fix for this. I will be creating a thread regarding it in Editor Hideaway Download to show progress as it goes.

Thank you everyone who helped out here trying to find solution <3 

Serbia is what I used for the Iron Curtain versions as well.

The problem with Yugoslavia is that regions (so not local regions) determine names as well apparently and while for the Soviet Union you can add the USSR to north east Europe where all the right countries are, for Yugoslavia you end up a Southern Europe name mess or an Eastern Europe name mess (had that issue with Soviet Union as well at first).

• 4 months later...

I found a solution for the issue with names. When you reactivate Yugoslavia, make sure to deactivate the 7 countries that make it up by removing their continent, but NOT removing their region. Then remove all other countries from the Southern Europe region. Only keep Yugoslavia and the 6 republics (and Kosovo) in it and you should be getting correct names. That way you don't have to build Yugoslavia using one of the republics since that only gives you Serbian or Croatian or whichever names. Make sure all cities in the country have a language as well, I'm not sure that it matters but it gave me more consistent and realistic results. @Wolf_pd I know you discussed this in previous posts and this could probably be of use to you.

I found a solution for the issue with names. When you reactivate Yugoslavia, make sure to deactivate the 7 countries that make it up by removing their continent, but NOT removing their region. Then remove all other countries from the Southern Europe region. Only keep Yugoslavia and the 6 republics (and Kosovo) in it and you should be getting correct names. That way you don't have to build Yugoslavia using one of the republics since that only gives you Serbian or Croatian or whichever names. Make sure all cities in the country have a language as well, I'm not sure that it matters but it gave me more consistent and realistic results. @Wolf_pd I know you discussed this in previous posts and this could probably be of use to you.

Edit: This has not given me issues with the countries I moved (e.g. Albania to South Eastern Europe, Italy to Western Europe) since it seems they all have naming lists). Play tested for 10 years in game.