World Cup 22 Results

Any thread like this going on?

I just went through the first one.  I'm division 4 of Scotland so I had nothing to do with it, but it was interesting since I'm both 'merican and Brit.  Wouldn't expect this one in real life.  Not even close lol...

wc22.png.d25eb392a8d359daa520d8d2b16caa09.png

FM always gets the international tournaments completely wrong. England always dominate them, or some random left field winner like Slovakia or Nigeria. It doesn't take into account the collective mental weakness of the players, which is genuinely a huge issue. It also neglects the fact that the manager is completely useless and picks his mates rather than players who are in form. Classic examples of that include Harry Maguire being selected over Tomori or Tarkowski despite having lower confidence than the geek in school who does PE in his school shoes and borrowed shorts. Kane is another big issue, awful at all the tournaments he's been picked for, but no one else to drop him for.

This World Cup is going to be bizarre. I suspect the clubs will force a lot more late pull outs than previous tournaments because of the timing of it. Also, having to do Christmas shopping and watching the games in winter rather than in the sunshine is going to be so weird.

9 hours ago, busngabb said:

FM always gets the international tournaments completely wrong. England always dominate them, or some random left field winner like Slovakia or Nigeria. It doesn't take into account the collective mental weakness of the players, which is genuinely a huge issue. It also neglects the fact that the manager is completely useless and picks his mates rather than players who are in form. Classic examples of that include Harry Maguire being selected over Tomori or Tarkowski despite having lower confidence than the geek in school who does PE in his school shoes and borrowed shorts. Kane is another big issue, awful at all the tournaments he's been picked for, but no one else to drop him for.

This World Cup is going to be bizarre. I suspect the clubs will force a lot more late pull outs than previous tournaments because of the timing of it. Also, having to do Christmas shopping and watching the games in winter rather than in the sunshine is going to be so weird.

It's not that it doesn't take any of that into account, it's that it's incredibly difficult to model the intricacies and vague feelings that turn the sort of nation that is completely set up to be that successful, but just...doesn't.  England have all the money, they have the facilities, they have the history in the game and the means of securing talent that should make them that good.  But when you ask 1000 people why England lose, and you get near enough 1000 answers back, it's clear that it's going to be pretty difficult to model realistically.

Because there's no way some Nations League League B diddy should be that successful right?

il y a une heure, lordjanos a dit :

SI always overestimates English players so it's not that surprising tbh

Leighton Baines can't go out of my head when we talk about this

World class left full back for years in the game :lol:

But I can also admit, that having most of the English National Players playing in the best league in the world, Premier League, is a difficult balance to have when you have to deal with player ratings

But yes, it has always been like this, just a habit now, not even mad at it

On 07/11/2022 at 10:52, nico_france said:

Leighton Baines can't go out of my head when we talk about this

World class left full back for years in the game :lol:

But I can also admit, that having most of the English National Players playing in the best league in the world, Premier League, is a difficult balance to have when you have to deal with player ratings

But yes, it has always been like this, just a habit now, not even mad at it

Leighton Baines was class. A better example would be Ward Prowse. A decent Premier League player in real life, Xavi and Iniesta combined in the game.