[FM23] Athletic Club (Bilbao) - Aupa Athletic!

bowieinspace

9 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

Who's excited for FM24? What are your expectations/points of interest for Athletic? Here's my 2 cents, expectations or things I am simply keen to see:

1) They're talking about improved AI squad building, transfers and team selections. Athletic being a long term save I've found has been plagued by poor AI squad building in recent years. I am hoping these changes provide more long term competition from the big teams in Spain. 
2) Aitor Paredes, Inigo Ruis de Galarreta, Gorka Guruzeta, Unai Gomez to name a few have all stepped into the first team, but none of these guys were really capable in FM23... I wonder how they will look in FM24.
3) Vencedor has been largely discarded by Valverde but has had amazing potential in recent FMs... maybe a drop here :(
4) Vesga boost maybe? 
5) Will it be possible to retain Nico Williams? This is a scary one! I'm going to be looking at that contract straight away when I load up my save.
6) Raul Garcia 37, Oscar De Marcos 34, Ander Herrera 34, Yuri 33, Dani Garcia 33, Muniain 30, De Galarreta 30, Lekue 30, Vesga 30, Inaki 29.... quite a lot of work to be done here in the first few seasons. I hope there's been decent bumps to some of the younger players to help with the transition! We've already seen this season there's a bit of a shift in terms of players... Guruzeta and Paredes have been ever present so far this season, Muniain has been in and out, Raul Garcia an impact sub at most. I'll be a a bit disappointed if Paredes is still super low CA given he's keeping Yeray out of the team, and Guruzeta needs a bump!

I think we'll be in for another transition year. It seems the first season of the last few games have been reasonably tricky. I really hope the players you've mentioned do get a bump - Paredes, in particular. But also Imanol, Malcolm and Prados. All are in the first team squad and should have ability to reflect that. Artola should be better too.

You may be right with Vencedor but Sancet should still be high class. I think Serrano will probably be less of a sure thing than he's been over the last few games. 

I'd like to see some promising young players from the start in the youth squads. Vicandi was good last year but that was it. Given the club's youth policy and their integration of those players into the first team I am amazed the youth squads start so poorly.

I wouldn't expect too many options in the market. Odriozola has returned to Real Sociedad so that makes signing a RB harder. And I think some of the useful squad options like Robert Torres have moved. JJ Guerrero is on loan at Roma so it will be interesting what that deal is like. To be honest I want to avoid signing Real Sociedad and Osasuna players unless they move to another club first.

So it's similar to before but harder!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dothestrand said:

I'd like to see some promising young players from the start in the youth squads. Vicandi was good last year but that was it. Given the club's youth policy and their integration of those players into the first team I am amazed the youth squads start so poorly.

I wouldn't expect too many options in the market. Odriozola has returned to Real Sociedad so that makes signing a RB harder. And I think some of the useful squad options like Robert Torres have moved. JJ Guerrero is on loan at Roma so it will be interesting what that deal is like. To be honest I want to avoid signing Real Sociedad and Osasuna players unless they move to another club first.

Moncayola and Aimar Oroz will be potential targets I think. 

yeah it always been the same with Athletic, sure the bigger rep youth players get well rated in the youth set up but the depth is always lacking given how many youth players make it to the first team in reality. Hell I remember not that long ago Nico Williams would be lucky to get to second division haha. Yeray was garbage until he broke into the first team also.

Am 4.9.2023 um 21:57 schrieb basqueliverpool:

Fair play, love reading your updates 

Thanks. Really enjoy the save, it gives me a good connection to the club. I also like the "micro management" with the youth team, B-Team and CD Baskonia. Especially keeping the B-Team in the second league is a tough challange in the overall challange. So I have a lot of fun. 

Hi Guys,

so I've finished the 12th season with Athletic and it was a good one. This time we were able to finish on the second place in the league, only beaten by Barca.

I still lost a lot of games but I can see a small progress. I'm happy to say that beside Unai Simon nobody of the original starting team is left in the first eleven. 

All newgens now.

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-20um22_23_07.thumb.png.f4cd2970ca163285f5624fcd94da4209.png

With David Extebarria and Enrique Gallego the next young players are heading into the first team squad. 

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-20um22_23_21.thumb.png.a10567e5e3c8836f10a29eaa52e06aeb.png

The cup competitions were not going well this year. In both competitions we were not able to attend the final phase of the cup.

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-20um22_23_32.thumb.png.40263f0130fc35f5993be49e2969c7cb.png

Again our B-Team was able to secure the league and CD Baskonia played a very good role in the third league. For the first time since 10 years our youth team was not able to win the league. I think I need to take a closer look at Osasuna U19 ;) Anyhow we made it to the final of the Europa Youth League, which we unfortunately lost against Inter.

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-20um22_23_44.thumb.png.72d1b3c456d080419408e4c3df58c801.png

Yes, again a good youth intake but not so outstanding as in the years before. Unfortunately theres a luck of good goalkeepers in the past years. Let's see how to deal with this. 

Unai Iglesias was named as Best Wonderkid in Football. He is our central defender at the moment and I hope to develop here a first call player. 

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-20um22_23_54.thumb.png.712694ceada657d773bb116e19469ddf.png

Last but not least the outlook to the upcoming season. Can we beat Barca and Real? In the second half of the past season I switched to a 3-4-3. Something I tried in previous saves but never was successful. Now I could see some great results with Athletic and I hope to continue this season with a good run.  Meanwile four of our players were nominated for the World Cup with the Spanish national team. 

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-20um22_24_04.thumb.png.e89a3d264a4786d4585018f44efe5b1f.png

Take care :)

Volker

Edited by sgevolker

With FM 24 I'd also like to see some common sense with young players' contracts. The lower quality players in an intake will accept a basic £55pw but anyone 3* or above immediately asks for crazy wages for a 16yo. And even guys in the youth squads at 18-19yo ask for even more stupid amounts to renew contracts. In some cases more than what half the first team requests. Athletic Club have some big earners and some first teamers are on more modest wages. But no B team player or below is going to be on anywhere near the kind of salaries those players ask for in FM. 

3 hours ago, dothestrand said:

With FM 24 I'd also like to see some common sense with young players' contracts. The lower quality players in an intake will accept a basic £55pw but anyone 3* or above immediately asks for crazy wages for a 16yo. And even guys in the youth squads at 18-19yo ask for even more stupid amounts to renew contracts. In some cases more than what half the first team requests. Athletic Club have some big earners and some first teamers are on more modest wages. But no B team player or below is going to be on anywhere near the kind of salaries those players ask for in FM. 

Yeah something felt broken with that this year

21 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

Once the B team is in the second division you have a salary cap which makes having a competitive squad difficult if you've got guys on 20k per week who've never played in the first team. I've got no issue with a youngster who plays a few games in the first team wanting a new contract though. 

On 21/09/2023 at 10:54, bowieinspace said:

There was.  The larger the wage budget the more money plyers wanted.  The only way to keep any control was to shift all the money to transfers at every opportunity.

On 19/09/2023 at 22:16, bowieinspace said:

Who's excited for FM24? What are your expectations/points of interest for Athletic? Here's my 2 cents, expectations or things I am simply keen to see:

1) They're talking about improved AI squad building, transfers and team selections. Athletic being a long term save I've found has been plagued by poor AI squad building in recent years. I am hoping these changes provide more long term competition from the big teams in Spain. 
2) Aitor Paredes, Inigo Ruis de Galarreta, Gorka Guruzeta, Unai Gomez to name a few have all stepped into the first team, but none of these guys were really capable in FM23... I wonder how they will look in FM24.
3) Vencedor has been largely discarded by Valverde but has had amazing potential in recent FMs... maybe a drop here :(
4) Vesga boost maybe? 
5) Will it be possible to retain Nico Williams? This is a scary one! I'm going to be looking at that contract straight away when I load up my save.
6) Raul Garcia 37, Oscar De Marcos 34, Ander Herrera 34, Yuri 33, Dani Garcia 33, Muniain 30, De Galarreta 30, Lekue 30, Vesga 30, Inaki 29.... quite a lot of work to be done here in the first few seasons. I hope there's been decent bumps to some of the younger players to help with the transition! We've already seen this season there's a bit of a shift in terms of players... Guruzeta and Paredes have been ever present so far this season, Muniain has been in and out, Raul Garcia an impact sub at most. I'll be a a bit disappointed if Paredes is still super low CA given he's keeping Yeray out of the team, and Guruzeta needs a bump!

Very excited about starting the new game.  I obviously hope there are some great youngsters in the youth set-up as I am tempted to do a youth only save.  The volume of older players could make it harder than previous years.  I also like the idea of improved squad building which should mean that Real and Barca continue to be competitive.

I hope interaction with the players has been improved, particularly around outgoing transfers/contracts.  The most annoying part of FM23, was players deciding to consider their options but not being to have any further conversations with them and them not considering any offers from us.  The only options was to cash-in and try to buy them back in the future.  It happened so frequently and there was no appreciation of the loyalty that Athletic inspires.  

I love the unique world that is created by newgens as much if not more than the world of real players.  One thing that is intriguing is being able to continue my FM23 save over in FM24.  The idea of keeping the story of my newgen Athletic players going in the new game holds some appeal and is something I am considering.

On 23/09/2023 at 07:58, MattyC78 said:

Very excited about starting the new game.  I obviously hope there are some great youngsters in the youth set-up as I am tempted to do a youth only save.  The volume of older players could make it harder than previous years.  I also like the idea of improved squad building which should mean that Real and Barca continue to be competitive.

I hope interaction with the players has been improved, particularly around outgoing transfers/contracts.  The most annoying part of FM23, was players deciding to consider their options but not being to have any further conversations with them and them not considering any offers from us.  The only options was to cash-in and try to buy them back in the future.  It happened so frequently and there was no appreciation of the loyalty that Athletic inspires.  

I love the unique world that is created by newgens as much if not more than the world of real players.  One thing that is intriguing is being able to continue my FM23 save over in FM24.  The idea of keeping the story of my newgen Athletic players going in the new game holds some appeal and is something I am considering.

Yeah the save cross over is interesting - for me I might even just use my existing save for the beta to check out some of the new stuff as a route in. Usually I'm just too excited to get into the new DB though haha

• 3 weeks later...

With the imminent arrival of FM24, I may have just finished my last season in FM23.  We have just finished the 2040-41 season with a clean sweep of trophies taking our total to 16 league titles, 10 Spanish Cups, 10 Spanish Super Cups, 6 Champion Leagues and 1 Club World Championship.  I am excited about the new game so I may get just one more tilt at the Club World Championship.

As always, I have thoroughly loved managing Athletic.  I may try a few other saves but I always keep coming back to this save.  Not being able to just sign the best means that the emotional ties with the players are immense and I have grown tactically trying to be more flexible to bring the best out of my stars.  As a wrap up, I thought I'd have a look at the important players in this journey.  The following is my all-time best eleven:

image.thumb.png.3e8ef74099008bacd4bc3b8b63904cfa.png

It is a mixture of real players and my newgens. My favourite player has been Asier Blanco.  He has been a sensational winger who has won games on his own and has dictated our team shape for over a decade.  He is our best player but at 33 is on the decline.  

An special mention goes to Alvaro Pascual who has been played all over the place and has been brilliant wherever he has played.  Also 33 now he remains a key squad player and no one has played more games.

image.thumb.png.fb927c7f970257d2ce62c44fb558f8f3.png

I am surprised by the omission of Unai Vencedor who was a very important player and David Telletxea was a very important provider of goals between Jon Karrikarburu years and the current superstar striker Ignacio Cordoba.     

image.thumb.png.08aa1f0f0065e8e537f275cdb374f27a.png

Borja Undabarrena is the only player who has been purchased in this group having been signed for £24 million from Osasuna.  I am torn for FM24 between continuing this story to see the new crop of youngsters growing or starting a new save where it will be the Athletic youth academy only.  We'll have to see but either way I can't wait. 

image.png

Closing in on the end of the '23 cycle.  You may remember me from my Athletic affiliate club guide I did back around the holidays (which I am updating as I found even more Basque clubs).  Wanted to leave everyone a little parting gift for '23 as we await the '24 beta.

I have attached 4 filters for the player search screen that took entirely way too much time to make .  All of them are ways to slice and dice the list so you can see players born in Basque cities or playing for Basque clubs.  This should allow you to really zero in on Basque players/teams and make sure your scouting reports are up to date or hop on any newgens right when they enter the game world.

Side note: I have noticed there is roughly ~30 or so people in the 23.4 data who should be marked as having Basque as a secondary nationality who currently do not (Osasuna's Pamplona-born Christian Mutilva is probably the highest profile omission).  I will report those in the bug forum along with a few other little issues I noticed in going through the pre-game editor (notably Oyonesa and Beti Kozkur not generating Basque newgens when they should be, plus a few other things).

Anyway, on to the filters!  These have saved me so much time throughout the year once I had them setup.  If you ever wanted to scout the Basque clubs or see anyone born in the greater Basque area, this is a 1-click way to do it and use all your custom player search views.  Drop these in your `Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2023 > filters` folder to use.

Enjoy!

Basque Cities - ESP	Filter for players born in all Basque Country cities in Spain in the local regions of País Vasco and Navarra (118 total cities)
Basque Cities - FRA	Filter for players born in all Basque Country cities in France (10 total cities)
Basque Clubs - ESP	Filter for players at all Basque Country clubs in Spain in the local regions of País Vasco and Navarra (125 total clubs)
Basque Clubs - FRA	Filter for players at all Basque Country clubs in France (9 total clubs)

(Note: I use "real" names for clubs so YMMV if using the default data names for the club filters.  Birth city filters should be good either way though)

Basque Cities - ESP.fmf Basque Cities - FRA.fmf Basque Clubs - ESP.fmf Basque Clubs - FRA.fmf

@southside_hitmen great work and thank you again for another excellent contribution - always good to have another person actively contributing towards improving the accuracy of the game.

When the beta drops I will create a new Athletic thread - are you ok if I add these filters into the opening posts? I will create a specific post for these alongside the affiliate guide with credit of course to ensure they remain at the top of the thread with the rest of the guides and don't get lost further down.

2 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

@southside_hitmen great work and thank you again for another excellent contribution - always good to have another person actively contributing towards improving the accuracy of the game.

When the beta drops I will create a new Athletic thread - are you ok if I add these filters into the opening posts? I will create a specific post for these alongside the affiliate guide with credit of course to ensure they remain at the top of the thread with the rest of the guides and don't get lost further down.

Absolutely!  Feel free to drop them in to the new thread.  When '24 comes out on gamepass I will make sure they are updated for '24 as well.

I've added 2 items so far in the bug tracker forum as well to make sure some of the existing players get added Basque nationality that should (number is around ~45 upon further review, including Elijah Gift in Liverpool's U18's born in Corella).  Just working on all the spanish-born players at the moment.  It's not much but another small batch of Basque players for next year can only help with regens and such.

Thanks!

I've had a few instances of regens being born in the Basque region but not having Basque nationality. In one case the guy was at Sporting Gijon and came through their academy. Would the game have decided that he moved out of the region at a young age and therefore didn't have Basque nationality? Hugo Guillamon left the Basque region aged two and he (eventually) had it in this game. 

He was a world class striker, that's why it annoyed me so. 

5 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

I've had a few instances of regens being born in the Basque region but not having Basque nationality. In one case the guy was at Sporting Gijon and came through their academy. Would the game have decided that he moved out of the region at a young age and therefore didn't have Basque nationality? Hugo Guillamon left the Basque region aged two and he (eventually) had it in this game. 

He was a world class striker, that's why it annoyed me so. 

Yeah I guess a huge grey area here which is perhaps reflected in Athletic's policy also - there's a certain amount of subjectivity the game has to manage. I had a bug last year where a player at Sociedad's academy had no basque nationality which was a clear bug and I reported that one, but someone with a Basque place of birth at Gijon for example I'd perhaps in my own mind build a story there accounting for their lack of Basque nationality, e.g. born there but never lived there, no basque parents. There is a situation you can imagine there which would account for it... with Guillamon they only added the Basque nationality I think when Athletic came out and said they would sign him if they could - I may be wrong but I think he had no Basque nationality when the game first came out last year, then Athletic made the comments, we reported it in the data forum and it got updated for Jan update.

Edited by bowieinspace

59 minutes ago, southside_hitmen said:

Absolutely!  Feel free to drop them in to the new thread.  When '24 comes out on gamepass I will make sure they are updated for '24 as well.

I've added 2 items so far in the bug tracker forum as well to make sure some of the existing players get added Basque nationality that should (number is around ~45 upon further review, including Elijah Gift in Liverpool's U18's born in Corella).  Just working on all the spanish-born players at the moment.  It's not much but another small batch of Basque players for next year can only help with regens and such.

Thanks!

Awesome thank you!

I posted these in the bug tracker forum, but given as we are at the end of '23's cycle I doubt they will be fixed.

I also decided make these changes below in the DB if you don't want to do them yourselves.  Adds Basque as a 2nd nationality for ~40 players, and cleans up some city/club region data.
Elijah Gift, Álvaro Djaló, and Christian Mutilva are the "big adds" as potentially usable players.

Put it in your `Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data` folder to use when starting a new game if you like.

Once I get access to '24 I'll go through the data and upload a similar edited data file for '24.

City/Club Fixes

Spoiler

City Larrabetzu No local region selected, still assigned to nation of Pays Basque, but should be in Spain and País Vasco
City Lesaka No local region selected, still assigned to nation of Pays Basque, but should be in Spain and País Vasco
City Oyón
Local region listed as La Rioja, but should be in País Vasco (it's in Alava province irl) and people born there should get Basque 2nd nationality (this does not currently happen for newgens from here)
Club Oyonesa
Should be a Basque club, newgens should get Basque 2nd nationality since it's in Oyón (which is in Alava province not La Rioja)
Club Beti Kozkor Should be a Basque club, newgens should get Basque 2nd nationality since it's in Lekunberri (Navarra)
Club Amorebieta B
Listed as a B club for both Amorebieta (correct) and Tarazona (incorrect) which means it shares backroom staff with both? I can't find a link between Amorebieta B and Tarazona in real life,, should be just a B club for Amorebieta

Spanish Player Fixes

Spoiler

ID Name Details
2000116049 Unai Uberuaga Regulez Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Amorebeita, País Vasco)
2000115306 Alejandro Lafuente Ventura Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Azagra, Navarra)
2000122512 Unai Buján Díez Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Barakaldo, País Vasco)
2000125367 Aitzol González Corrales Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000191366 Gonzalo Alfaro García del Cerro Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000202105 Erlantz Cubillo Marín Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000122541 Julen Rodríguez Castro Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000191847 Elijah Gift Izobodo John Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Corella, Navarra)
2000211676 Jaime García Navascués Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Corella, Navarra)
2000111013 Jaime Vallejo Mellado Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Corella, Navarra)
2000125423 Aitor Pérez Marco Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Estella, Navarra)
2000125386 Guzmán Sanz Serrano Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Fontellas, Navarra)
2000046853 Odei Martin Sorondo Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Irún, País Vasco)
51078655 Samuel Goñi Villava Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Marcilla, Navarra)
67126235 Alberto Flores Santamaría
Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Oyón, La Rioja) [Oyón is actually in País Vasco province but is wrongly attributed to La Rioja in game]
2000120560 Iñaki Alonso Lasa Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000121516 Aitor Equiza Hervás Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67193147 Cristian Gilés Sánchez Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000116067 Izan Lecumberri Iturbide Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000121927 Javier Martínez de Eulate Gradín Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67105016 Sergio Murugarren Salvador Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000100132 Christian Mutilva Razquin Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000159044 Iván Rubio Arriezu Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67222322 Santiago Samanés Bonito Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000121920 Daniel Sancho Macaya Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000125387 Xabier Sola Arre Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000120981 Tasio Villacampa Apesteguía Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67293074 Jesús Sayés Chueca Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Peralta, Navarra)
2000122516 Jon Elorza Roy Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in San Sebastián, País Vasco)
2000124846 Julen Olasagasti Imizcoz Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in San Sebastián, País Vasco)
2000132927 Ayoub Goudani El-Baraka Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Tafalla, Navarra)
2000121909 Jon de Luis Suescun Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Tafalla, Navarra)
2000121488 Pablo Martínez de Eulate Lasa Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Zizur Mayor, Navarra)
2000143515 Diego Almazan Moctezuma Should be Mexican, not Spanish. Was born in Salvatierra, Mexico. Not Salvatierra, Spain
49036981 Thomas Perchaud City of Birth should be Pau, France not Tolosa, Spain
83227951 Álvaro Djaló Dias Fernandes Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (raised in Bilbao, País Vasco), played for Basque club SD Begona in youth, has been on Athletic Bilbao's radar

French Player Fixes

Spoiler

ID Name Details
50038318 Mickael Berthelot Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bayonne)
2000030867 Lucas de Ataíde Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bayonne)
85052244 Rémi Elissalde Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Biarritz)
85080719 Pierre Maubaret Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Saint-Palais, has played for only French Basque teams)
85080717 Jérôme Muthular Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Biarritz)

23.4 Basque Fixes.fmf

19 hours ago, southside_hitmen said:

I posted these in the bug tracker forum, but given as we are at the end of '23's cycle I doubt they will be fixed.

I also decided make these changes below in the DB if you don't want to do them yourselves.  Adds Basque as a 2nd nationality for ~40 players, and cleans up some city/club region data.
Elijah Gift, Álvaro Djaló, and Christian Mutilva are the "big adds" as potentially usable players.

Put it in your `Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data` folder to use when starting a new game if you like.

Once I get access to '24 I'll go through the data and upload a similar edited data file for '24.

City/Club Fixes

Reveal hidden contents

City Larrabetzu No local region selected, still assigned to nation of Pays Basque, but should be in Spain and País Vasco
City Lesaka No local region selected, still assigned to nation of Pays Basque, but should be in Spain and País Vasco
City Oyón
Local region listed as La Rioja, but should be in País Vasco (it's in Alava province irl) and people born there should get Basque 2nd nationality (this does not currently happen for newgens from here)
Club Oyonesa
Should be a Basque club, newgens should get Basque 2nd nationality since it's in Oyón (which is in Alava province not La Rioja)
Club Beti Kozkor Should be a Basque club, newgens should get Basque 2nd nationality since it's in Lekunberri (Navarra)
Club Amorebieta B
Listed as a B club for both Amorebieta (correct) and Tarazona (incorrect) which means it shares backroom staff with both? I can't find a link between Amorebieta B and Tarazona in real life,, should be just a B club for Amorebieta

Spanish Player Fixes

Reveal hidden contents

ID Name Details
2000116049 Unai Uberuaga Regulez Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Amorebeita, País Vasco)
2000115306 Alejandro Lafuente Ventura Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Azagra, Navarra)
2000122512 Unai Buján Díez Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Barakaldo, País Vasco)
2000125367 Aitzol González Corrales Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000191366 Gonzalo Alfaro García del Cerro Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000202105 Erlantz Cubillo Marín Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000122541 Julen Rodríguez Castro Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bilbao, País Vasco)
2000191847 Elijah Gift Izobodo John Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Corella, Navarra)
2000211676 Jaime García Navascués Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Corella, Navarra)
2000111013 Jaime Vallejo Mellado Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Corella, Navarra)
2000125423 Aitor Pérez Marco Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Estella, Navarra)
2000125386 Guzmán Sanz Serrano Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Fontellas, Navarra)
2000046853 Odei Martin Sorondo Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Irún, País Vasco)
51078655 Samuel Goñi Villava Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Marcilla, Navarra)
67126235 Alberto Flores Santamaría
Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Oyón, La Rioja) [Oyón is actually in País Vasco province but is wrongly attributed to La Rioja in game]
2000120560 Iñaki Alonso Lasa Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000121516 Aitor Equiza Hervás Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67193147 Cristian Gilés Sánchez Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000116067 Izan Lecumberri Iturbide Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000121927 Javier Martínez de Eulate Gradín Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67105016 Sergio Murugarren Salvador Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000100132 Christian Mutilva Razquin Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000159044 Iván Rubio Arriezu Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67222322 Santiago Samanés Bonito Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000121920 Daniel Sancho Macaya Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000125387 Xabier Sola Arre Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
2000120981 Tasio Villacampa Apesteguía Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Pamplona, Navarra)
67293074 Jesús Sayés Chueca Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Peralta, Navarra)
2000122516 Jon Elorza Roy Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in San Sebastián, País Vasco)
2000124846 Julen Olasagasti Imizcoz Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in San Sebastián, País Vasco)
2000132927 Ayoub Goudani El-Baraka Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Tafalla, Navarra)
2000121909 Jon de Luis Suescun Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Tafalla, Navarra)
2000121488 Pablo Martínez de Eulate Lasa Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Zizur Mayor, Navarra)
2000143515 Diego Almazan Moctezuma Should be Mexican, not Spanish. Was born in Salvatierra, Mexico. Not Salvatierra, Spain
49036981 Thomas Perchaud City of Birth should be Pau, France not Tolosa, Spain
83227951 Álvaro Djaló Dias Fernandes Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (raised in Bilbao, País Vasco), played for Basque club SD Begona in youth, has been on Athletic Bilbao's radar

French Player Fixes

Reveal hidden contents

ID Name Details
50038318 Mickael Berthelot Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bayonne)
2000030867 Lucas de Ataíde Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Bayonne)
85052244 Rémi Elissalde Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Biarritz)
85080719 Pierre Maubaret Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Saint-Palais, has played for only French Basque teams)
85080717 Jérôme Muthular Should have Pays Basque 2nd nationality (born in Biarritz)

23.4 Basque Fixes.fmf 16.02 kB · 1 download

this is brilliant, will this work for fm24?

I'm into 24 - have to say I'm a touch disappointed with some of the database bits... Guruzeta has had no love and Aitor Paredes is... meh. I don't mind cracking on with it as is but I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting until the full game comes out so you can do some editor work on a couple of the players.

7 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

I'm into 24 - have to say I'm a touch disappointed with some of the database bits... Guruzeta has had no love and Aitor Paredes is... meh. I don't mind cracking on with it as is but I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting until the full game comes out so you can do some editor work on a couple of the players.

I'm just using the early access period to try a few things out and will start my real save after the official release date to take advantage of any editing. First signs are that Paredes has improved a bit but nothing to suggest he will be around beyond the first season as you'll probably find a better option. Otherwise, the players are kind of at the same level as they were in FM 23. 

32 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

I'm just using the early access period to try a few things out and will start my real save after the official release date to take advantage of any editing. First signs are that Paredes has improved a bit but nothing to suggest he will be around beyond the first season as you'll probably find a better option. Otherwise, the players are kind of at the same level as they were in FM 23. 

Yeah no huge changes. I expected some. Vencedor is ludicrously good to be on loan in the second tier haha, can’t recall him either. I’m two league games in already 😁

23 hours ago, southside_hitmen said:

Unfortunately it will not.  I'll have editor access for 24 when it drops on PC gamepass and I will make a '24 version then.

You could, start it up as a 23 game, then import to 24 if you want to play it as is though.

Hi, sorry, thats what i meant. will be back for this for fm24 if you make it. cheers

• 1 month later...

image.png.0cd3b5833b9547f476fef74bb78833b6.pngimage.png.5c6d3a163dbcb6d33baa8c5729cde113.pngimage.png.530b7cf88e7626b7e05f488c5a8be2b1.pngimage.png.f89c8bbd95593264b7eb727180fd2af8.pngimage.png.375c6bef4de8cbea34004dd5e68da0e9.png
idk if anyone commented this already, but in FM23  there's also Enric SABORIT, Unai BILBAO,Oier OLAZÁBAL, Íñigo CÓRDOBA and the real JAVI MARTINEZ as Basque players you can sign. Saborit is a 30yo LB, from Maccabi Tel Aviv of Israel, that can be a great on the first seasons if you get rid of Yuri or Balenziaga. Bilbao is a 28yo CB that is a solid cheap choice as a 4th CB, from Atl. San Luis in Mexico. Olazabal is a 32yo GK from Pafos in Cyprus that could come cheap or free on 2nd season in case you want to loan out Agirrezabala to gain experience. Cordoba is a 25yo winger from eredivisie team Fortuna Sittard that you may not need, but it's good to know he exists. Javi Mtnez is 34yo, could work as a solid CB/DM for 2 seasons if you manage to sign him (fans don't love him tho).
There's also Javi HERVÍAS in Bolívar (Bolivia), 29yo average winger that you may not need and Sabin MERINO in Atl. San Luis (Mexico), 30yo striker that you shouldn't need. Ander CANTERO, Yanis RAHMANI, Adrián LAPEÑA are other average options you may have scouted already.

Edited by ChesterGC

• 1 month later...

I'm still rocking FM23, but need some inspiration for a new save - happy to have come across this excellent OP/thread on Bilbao. I'm far more tempted to give this save a go now (normally I go for relatively easy/mid difficulty saves, due to playing time constraints, so like those 'quick' wins).