What is Training Camp?

This is an area that needs more fine tuning and that I'd like to learn more. I sometimes can schedule friendlies with local clubs if the camp is in a different country. Other times it's a big chaos of away and home friendlies across different countries that makes no sense. In specific, I'd like to know if picking a country makes any difference whatsoever (for example, I may send my team to a really hot country, so they can build endurance...)

I still don't understand. Does a club will automatically arrange me (the manager) some friendly matches with a local clubs within these "training camp" dates?

Edited by baskor

If you have your AM set to arrange friendlies (which I believe is the default setting), then AM will take care of it. For me the main factor in choosing where to go is how strong the opposition is likely to be. Playing a bunch of near-amateur sides and winning them all 20-0 is a waste of time IMO (also very tedious to watch in real time).

4 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

Playing a bunch of near-amateur sides and winning them all 20-0 is a waste of time IMO (also very tedious to watch in real time).

So, which club I should play when pre-season so that I don't waste my time even when winning the match by 20-0?

Please also tell me how to set my Assistant Manager to arrange friendly in FM2021?

Edited by baskor

Set up AM duties on the Staff tab. I think it's on the Match page, and it is a check box underneath one of the dropdowns.

With that set up, your AM will select generally appropriate opposition within the available parameters. You can add friendlies of your own on the Schedule tab, and you can choose between your own leagues or foreign ones, and between higher, equivalent, and lower-rated teams in either category. Then it's up to the other team whether your proposal fits their schedule.