Support or Attack duties

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, toon army 06 said:

Just bought FM Mobile for the first time, can you select between Support & Attack duties? I can't find it. Also how do you exit the game? It just takes me to the main menu.

There aren't specific attack/support duties simply because imho these are already represented by the roles you set for a players position - the concept of a 'poacher' who is playing 'support' doesn't really make sense, similarly having an attacking full-back, if you want a DC who plays a more supporting role then set him as a ball-playing defender etc.

(sorry but some things are different than the PC game, this doesn't make it better/worse - just different and where possible I've streamlined a few things to simplify the setup and UI)

There is no 'exit' from the game simply because that isn't standard on mobile devices (and indeed when I tried to put one in the first version of the game Apple failed the submission because of it) ... just minimise the app and it'll either sit quietly in the background (if your device has lots of memory) or close itself when required.

It'll do an 'autosave' if it needs to close down, but you can do manual saves (if you're worried about losing battery life suddenly for instance) from within the main menu area.

54 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

There aren't specific attack/support duties simply because imho these are already represented by the roles you set for a players position - the concept of a 'poacher' who is playing 'support' doesn't really make sense, similarly having an attacking full-back, if you want a DC who plays a more supporting role then set him as a ball-playing defender etc.

(sorry but some things are different than the PC game, this doesn't make it better/worse - just different and where possible I've streamlined a few things to simplify the setup and UI)

There is no 'exit' from the game simply because that isn't standard on mobile devices (and indeed when I tried to put one in the first version of the game Apple failed the submission because of it) ... just minimise the app and it'll either sit quietly in the background (if your device has lots of memory) or close itself when required.

It'll do an 'autosave' if it needs to close down, but you can do manual saves (if you're worried about losing battery life suddenly for instance) from within the main menu area.

Yea I was just wondering, because we know from the full game the difference in like CM(s) vs CM(A) etc. How does an attacking full back not make sense?

+1 on this, a support poacher doesnt makes sense as neither does starting 4 wingbacks and 4 wingers for example, that doesnt mean the game wont let you do it, and there are a lot of combinations that could make sense and add depth to the tactics. AP support or AP attack can both be effective, we could agree AP attack is almost the same as a Trequartista like we could agree AP and AM are almost the same too, yet they still coexist in the game and are not exactly the same. How can i make a winger in a 3-4-3 to be responsive on defense? (adama in 19/20 wolves eg). I dont think the tactics system isnt deep enough for a mobile version, in fact, nothing comes even close to what FMM has in my opinion, but i think the next addition to the game should be tactics related, and i see this working while not slowing the gameplay (it would be just an extra pick while choosing every role) or making it too complex, which i think is the priority, there are some things wanted for years i dont support like 3d match or online but this particular idea i think its on the right path 😎.

Edited by MatiasDFS

hace 3 horas, Marc Vaughan dijo:

It'll do an 'autosave' if it needs to close down, but you can do manual saves (if you're worried about losing battery life suddenly for instance) from within the main menu area

Thanks for sharing this 😁, i minimise the app a lot while playing to answer messages, etc, and always wondered why my game makes a lot of autosaves even when i have it turned off 

Edited by MatiasDFS

• SI Staff
On 09/05/2022 at 16:53, toon army 06 said:

Yea I was just wondering, because we know from the full game the difference in like CM(s) vs CM(A) etc. How does an attacking full back not make sense?

At present FMM has the following options for full-back positions:

• Defensive Full-back - Old Fashioned Full back, concentrates on defense
  • Full-back - Modern full-back, will be mainly defensive but also does over-lapping runs down the wing to support attacks
  • Wing-back - Attempts to fulfil both attacking and defensive duties as much as possible.
  • Invested Wing-back - Like a wing-back but drifts inside rather than down the wing.

When you change roles there is the option to display an explanation of the roles available if your device's screen is large enough to display it.

I think this is clearer and potentially less confusing to users than overlaying 'attack/defense/support' choices over the top of already clearly defined roles (just a personal preference from a design perspective - I want to keep FMM as simple and easy to understand as possible, while retaining depth).

If you feel something is missing then please explain what you're after and how you want the player to play and I'll have a think about it (but a defensive full-back with an attacking mentality doesn't make sense to me, in a similar manner a defensive wing-back is basically a 'full-back' etc.)

18 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At present FMM has the following options for full-back positions:

• Defensive Full-back - Old Fashioned Full back, concentrates on defense
  • Full-back - Modern full-back, will be mainly defensive but also does over-lapping runs down the wing to support attacks
  • Wing-back - Attempts to fulfil both attacking and defensive duties as much as possible.
  • Invested Wing-back - Like a wing-back but drifts inside rather than down the wing.

When you change roles there is the option to display an explanation of the roles available if your device's screen is large enough to display it.

I think this is clearer and potentially less confusing to users than overlaying 'attack/defense/support' choices over the top of already clearly defined roles (just a personal preference from a design perspective - I want to keep FMM as simple and easy to understand as possible, while retaining depth).

If you feel something is missing then please explain what you're after and how you want the player to play and I'll have a think about it (but a defensive full-back with an attacking mentality doesn't make sense to me, in a similar manner a defensive wing-back is basically a 'full-back' etc.)

It's a great game, but I was just wondering about the things I said.

Something else I saved tactics, do you know how to load them?

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

It's a great game, but I was just wondering about the things I said.

As I tried to explain - the game is simplified somewhat to try and make it easier to understand, the options you want are really available via. the roles (unless you can explain why they're not).

9 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

Something else I saved tactics, do you know how to load them?

If you go to the options pop-down on the club page one of them should be 'load tactic' which will allow you to load the saved tactic from disk.

(you can also save squad selections if you want - I generally do this so I have a 'League' and 'Cup' selection saved to speed up switching things around when the lesser cups come around).

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

As I tried to explain - the game is simplified somewhat to try and make it easier to understand, the options you want are really available via. the roles (unless you can explain why they're not).

If you go to the options pop-down on the club page one of them should be 'load tactic' which will allow you to load the saved tactic from disk.

(you can also save squad selections if you want - I generally do this so I have a 'League' and 'Cup' selection saved to speed up switching things around when the lesser cups come around).

Yea I understood sorry I wasn't asking again, I was just saying it's a great game but why I made the topic etc.

Thanks I'll check that out

Which role should I select for a midfielder I want to make forward runs, bit like the CM (A) in the full game? 

And which role is the midfield "sitter"? Thinking bwm will be aggressively closing down, and the dlp is a playmaker role. Neither sounds ideal if I just want someone to stay back as a passing option? 

5 hours ago, Footix said:

Which role should I select for a midfielder I want to make forward runs, bit like the CM (A) in the full game? 

And which role is the midfield "sitter"? Thinking bwm will be aggressively closing down, and the dlp is a playmaker role. Neither sounds ideal if I just want someone to stay back as a passing option? 

BBM and RP should make forward runs I think?

For sitting cm, I'd pick CM or DLP. Or you move them to DM and you can have an anchor or DM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2022 at 19:57, Marc Vaughan said:

I can't find the load tactics bit sorry, all i can find is the tactics menu. 

25 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

I can't find the load tactics bit sorry, all i can find is the tactics menu. 

Bottom right. Might be under more options or something similarly worded.

• SI Staff

Change your tactic and when you select 'actions' you should see a 'save tactic' option - once you've saved a tactic the load option will appear (its not visible initially because you don't have any tactics to load yet?).

14 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Change your tactic and when you select 'actions' you should see a 'save tactic' option - once you've saved a tactic the load option will appear (its not visible initially because you don't have any tactics to load yet?).

Finally got it now, thanks for the help guys.

I think this is clearer and potentially less confusing to users than overlaying 'attack/defense/support' choices over the top of already clearly defined roles (just a personal preference from a design perspective - I want to keep FMM as simple and easy to understand as possible, while retaining depth).  mobdro app

Edited by aisahoga