New position for Youngster

Hi, I have a young player that I want to train for a new position he's more suited for, but the U20 manager keeps playing him out of  the position he's training for. Is there any way to make him play where he's supposed to, other than taking control over the U20 team?

If not, I think it should be some kind of logic in-game that a player training for a new position is played in it. After all, the youth teams managers abides my whiches when it comes to tactics, so why not this?

4 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

Hi, I have a young player that I want to train for a new position he's more suited for, but the U20 manager keeps playing him out of  the position he's training for. Is there any way to make him play where he's supposed to, other than taking control over the U20 team?

If not, I think it should be some kind of logic in-game that a player training for a new position is played in it. After all, the youth teams managers abides my whiches when it comes to tactics, so why not this?

Isn't it possible to give him a starting eleven-spot on the U20 screen in the position you'd like?

Not sure if it works, but it's worth a try!

Edited by BadAss88

Bit of a pain but you could move him to the first team and then when you choose the players available for the u19s drag him to the position you want him to play after allowing him to play 90 mins. Silver lining you can add him to a mentoring group too if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Downside of that approach is that he'll follow the training regime of the first team. While that means better players around him (don't know if that helps in the game). It also means resting around match days of the first team (which he won't play) and missing a day due to playing on U20. Also he won't have time to recover after that match because he will work with the first team. If you play in Europe you'll miss 5 days if u20 matches are not aligned with the first team. 

Interesting question, I run in the same problem. My usual approach to this is putting set player in the starting eleven every match and/or getting someone who will play in the spot you don't want him to play. But both don't always work, better option would be to decide from now on we play.... in his new position in a meeting with your youthmanager

Edited by Feddo