Why is the ai always lowballing me for my players?

Way too many offers for players that arent listed are FaaaaaaaaR too low.

This players estimated worth is over 3X the offer made! Why???

This doesnt happen in ai to ai transfers so why is this something that continuously occurs throughout the game?

In the meantime i have to break the bank to buy a player from an ai team, even when transfer requests are submitted.

20220214092035_1.jpg

Spoiler

20220214092043_1.jpg

Edited by jere_d

Because they try to unsettle him. This is a small attempt at seeing if the player will kick up a fuzz and help them get him for a low price later on. Don't you do the same to the AI? If so, there are no wonder you are getting fleeced.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Because they try to unsettle him. This is a small attempt at seeing if the player will kick up a fuzz and help them get him for a low price later on. Don't you do the same to the AI? If so, there are no wonder you are getting fleeced.

No I don't.

Please explain this "there are no wonder you are getting fleeced" comment. right now I'm assuming its just a snide comment but if there's actual context I'd like to know.

And as i mentioned I dont see ai offering 1/4 of the price for ai players

another under-priced offer

20220214095926_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, jere_d said:

No I don't.

Please explain this "there are no wonder you are getting fleeced" comment. right now I'm assuming its just a snide comment but if there's actual context I'd like to know.

And as i mentioned I dont see ai offering 1/4 of the price for ai players

another under-priced offer

20220214095926_1.jpg

It's not a snide comment, it's more a surprise. I'll give you a hypothetical situation.

A player has a value, based on my scout's estimate of £25m-£40m. I want this player, but I don't want to pay more than £30m. So I offer £15m to see what happens. I expect it to be rejected, but perhaps the other club wants the money. If it's rejected I wait a few days, and then declare my interest in buying him. If he comes out and says he wants to join me, I know I can get him cheap. Then I make an offer of £20m, and I expect that to be rejected as well. I also pay close attention to the player and if I can see his morale drop, perhaps he makes a fuzz in the media, he is asking to leave. If he don't, then I might have to pay more. I will slowly start to increase my bid, and at some point they will negotiate. Sooner, and at a lower value if the player is unsettling the squad. Just the same as the player does to you if he wants to leave.

You also have things like attending his matches, asking players who have played with him before to endorse the transfer, and probably more that I can't remember on the fly. Use all parts of it to your advantage, the AI does it, so if you don't, you might be missing out.

I do similar things when I sell players, unless they kick up a fuzz, I reject very low bids, and if they come about what I value the player I negotiate as high as I can. If the player makes a scene, I either stand my ground and tell the player I won't let him leave, or I don't want him to disrupt things and sell him a bit cheaper than I had hoped, just to keep the squad happy.

If you start on high bids in FM, you will likely pay more than you should for players. You only start high if you are in a hurry and expect to pay more because you need the player fast or you want to snap him up before someone else get interested.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

It's not a snide comment, it's more a surprise. I'll give you a hypothetical situation.

A player has a value, based on my scout's estimate of £25m-£40m. I want this player, but I don't want to pay more than £30m. So I offer £15m to see what happens. I expect it to be rejected, but perhaps the other club wants the money. If it's rejected I wait a few days, and then declare my interest in buying him. If he comes out and says he wants to join me, I know I can get him cheap. Then I make an offer of £20m, and I expect that to be rejected as well. I also pay close attention to the player and if I can see his morale drop, perhaps he makes a fuzz in the media, he is asking to leave. If he don't, then I might have to pay more. I will slowly start to increase my bid, and at some point they will negotiate. Sooner, and at a lower value if the player is unsettling the squad. Just the same as the player does to you if he wants to leave.

I do similar things when I sell players, unless they kick up a fuzz, I reject very low bids, and if they come about what I value the player I negotiate as high as I can. If the player makes a scene, I either stand my ground and tell the player I won't let him leave, or I don't want him to disrupt things and sell him a bit cheaper than I had hoped, just to keep the squad happy.

If you start on high bids in FM, you will likely pay more than you should for players. You only start high if you are in a hurry and expect to pay more because you need the player fast or you want to snap him up before someone else get interested.

Ahhh yes I understand this.

But I never offer a 1/3 of the value that's just ridiculous.

Surely there should be a low offer trigger where a club will now refuse to sell only to you because youre taking the mick.

9 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Ahhh yes I understand this.

But I never offer a 1/3 of the value that's just ridiculous.

Surely there should be a low offer trigger where a club will now refuse to sell only to you because youre taking the mick.

No really, you are just testing the waters, not expecting it to hold. Sometimes it can make the manager of the other club dislike you and will be less likely to accept offers, but if you don't intend to have many more transfers with that club in the near future, do you really care?

But at the same time, if they were looking to offload the player, they can negotiate from the start. I mean, I've bought players for nothing with a few years left because the other team is just looking to offload the wage. In other cases I've gotten a player "worth" millions for a few hundred thousand.

Try it out, and try to learn from what happens against you as well.

5 hours ago, sdx15 said:

If your players aren’t particularly interested in joining the club that’s lowballing you, just give them a ridiculous counter-offer and they’ll stop bothering you.

all well and good but then your player starts complaining about how theyre overpriced.

17 minutes ago, jere_d said:

all well and good but then your player starts complaining about how theyre overpriced.

Players complaining is the new meta. 

20 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Seems legit to me. Means you can't overprice your players out to avoid this. Just have to set his value to a sweet spot. Not too low, not too high.

But AI can literally add A "not for sale" sign

How is that legit?

The premise is I dont want to sell at all and i'm getting silly offers around 8 mill for a 20 mil player

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

But AI can literally add A "not for sale" sign

How is that legit?

The premise is I dont want to sell at all and i'm getting silly offers around 8 mill for a 20 mil player

They will still sell those players though. Just not at market values. The user can do the same by setting a price not at market value. You also can out price a player despite him or his agent not agreeing and who to say the AI isn’t doing the same? 

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

They will still sell those players though. Just not at market values. The user can do the same by setting a price not at market value. You also can out price a player despite him or his agent not agreeing and who to say the AI isn’t doing the same? 

Fair enough I still believe the low balling is rediculous