The All New Mod Requests Thread

Terk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whups.

Sharpening a Rusty Blade, a couple things.

Most egregious, I seem to have double-posted the Thursday, 27th December writeup, once in its own post (correct), and once without markup at the top of the December 29th post. If you could carefully delete from the "-------" and UP in that post, I'd appreciate it. icon_wink.gif

If you're feeling particularly kind, please bold the word "penalty" in the 26th, the name "Marc Bridge-Wilkinson" in the just-before-the-quotation paragraph of the 27th, and update "Continually on onlooker" to "Continually an onlooker"... but those are more minor. icon_wink.gif

Amaroq- Well, thanks icon_smile.gif When Raptor handed me semi-mod powers, it was kind of a surprise- since I hadn't asked (or volunteered icon_biggrin.gif) for them. I think it was mostly because he and Terk knew how much I would be posting for them to change all of my stories icon_smile.gif (Raptor did mention that with my being half-way around the world it did help to have someone covering the off-hours... icon_smile.gif ). I haven't minded helping out all since- it is nice to be able to return something on this forum where I have spent so much time icon_smile.gif

Any case, latest one fixed too...

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...902088943#7902088943

Hey guys. Sorry to bug you but if someone could please edit my third post. the 3rd last line reads

"strike and extended our lead in the 8th minute when Adam Stransfield latched onto the end of a LEE Elam through ball. Falkirk did however pull"

Could someone fix LEE to Lee

thanks

fc_olympic

Originally posted by Faramir:

Amaroq- Well, thanks icon_smile.gif When Raptor handed me semi-mod powers, it was kind of a surprise- since I hadn't asked (or volunteered icon_biggrin.gif) for them. I think it was mostly because he and Terk knew how much I would be posting for them to change all of my stories icon_smile.gif (Raptor did mention that with my being half-way around the world it did help to have someone covering the off-hours... icon_smile.gif ). I haven't minded helping out all since- it is nice to be able to return something on this forum where I have spent so much time icon_smile.gif

Any case, latest one fixed too...

LoL! .. I've often figured you lot would get frustrated at my frequent requests for help, too. icon_wink.gif The Shell Silverstein theory, right? "If you drop the dirty dishes on the floor, they won't ask you to do the dishes anymore!"

(cue image of kid sitting in corner, obviously in trouble, but at least not doing the dishes!)

Anyways, considering I've a request for help on just about every one of the last 20 pages of this thread, and you helped out with most of 'em, I figured a special "Thank you" was in order!

Sorry clonabanjo, no can do. Under the 7-day rule, people are not allowed to start a new story within seven days of starting their previous one (we've had big problems with uncommitted writers flooding the forum with stillborn stories). If we delete your story, we lose our reference point. Also, somebody's post from your story was reported and censored, so we're even more reluctant to remove it.

Originally posted by Raptor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sherm:

Sorry to be a pain, but I think I may have done something wrong in the last post here

If I have, could someone fix it please.

Thanks

I don't see a problem? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The page width was buggered up. I changed the note from code tags to quote tags which fixed it icon14.gif

Originally posted by Raptor:

Sorry clonabanjo, no can do. Under the 7-day rule, people are not allowed to start a new story within seven days of starting their previous one (we've had big problems with uncommitted writers flooding the forum with stillborn stories). If we delete your story, we lose our reference point. Also, somebody's post from your story was reported and censored, so we're even more reluctant to remove it.

Ok am i Allowed to restart the story in that Thread?

Originally posted by Terk:

Said post has been censored and rashidi has placed the user on post moderation.

Excellent. Moderation's to good for him, we should have pushed him through the airlock.

Originally posted by clonabanjo:

Ok am i Allowed to restart the story in that Thread?

banjo, I'd suggest you simply start writing the story in WordPad or Notepad on your computer - you can "get ahead" a little bit, and as soon as he seven-day rule expires for you, you'll have material to post even if you go a week or so without playing the game. That's the way most of the really long-running stories on here are written.

Archived