What a great way to get me to quit my job...

Managing a "create a club" down in the 8th level of English football. Had an excellent season, got us promoted, the board comes in with a contract offer: 1 year at $875/week. Kind of an insult, as I WAS making $1,000/week, and the club actually has a positive cash flow. I of course countered with $1,200/week, and they came back with..$875/week. I dropped it to $1,000/week and a 2-year contract and they break off negotiations because I've "backed them into a corner". Dudes, you didn't negotiate, you offered me an insulting cut in pay after getting you a promotion and going deep into the available cups. 

I had 28 days until the FA Trophy final against Wrexham (hi, Ryan Reynolds!), so I take a well-deserved week's vacation and...come back to find the board offered and finalized the same crappy $875/week contract offer.  I'm been unfairly enslaved by the Danielsford board. I'm tempted to wreck the club and resign, talk me out of it. 

Although are you using an editor file to play in the 8th tier?

If so, that may be the culprit, however still report as a bug as Frazt suggested.

Equally, 52k a year seems a high wage for a semi pro club in the 8th tier of football (when most players work full time and play football on a Saturday…) 

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

This is clearly a bug so please report this with  a save game in the Bugs forum and lets see if it can get looked at.

I HAVE had contracts "forced" on me in previous editions, where the club offered a contract and I declined it (because I was planning to leave at the end of the season) and holiday a week to find the contract finalized on my behalf (which is no big deal because I apply for another job and then resign before the job offer so the new club doesn't pay the old club compensation...because I'm petty like that.)  But I felt it was disingenuous for talks to break down and then have them pull this while I'm away. I really didn't want to leave the club having built them up, but you can't let the board bully you. 

But I will report and upload the save if I have one "pre-offer".  

4 hours ago, GuitarMan said:

Although are you using an editor file to play in the 8th tier?

If so, that may be the culprit, however still report as a bug as Frazt suggested.

Equally, 52k a year seems a high wage for a semi pro club in the 8th tier of football (when most players work full time and play football on a Saturday…) 

yes, it's a 10-tier file off Steam. I DID think $1k/week was fairly high for that level (I work a REAL job that doesn't pay anything close to that.)  All the players complaining about quality of training and they train 1-2 days a week and I only have two coaches available. 

3 hours ago, podunkboy said:

yes, it's a 10-tier file off Steam. I DID think $1k/week was fairly high for that level (I work a REAL job that doesn't pay anything close to that.)  All the players complaining about quality of training and they train 1-2 days a week and I only have two coaches available. 

10 tier custom database or not, the game does seem to have an issue in terms of contract negotiations with the player. In a regular database, I started in the bottom of the Swedish leagues as a semi pro team, and won 3 back to back promotions, landing me in the Swedish Premier, where we decided to go pro. My new professional contract was less per year than what they were paying me at the start of the game. Full time contract of 43k a year, as opposed to the 52k part time they started me with. They too refused to budge. I can't say I cared too much, as it's frankly irrelevant to me as a player, other than if I wanted to get the achievement for lifetime earnings or whatever. Still, it was kind of weird and insulting.

Now, the fact that they signed your contract for you while you were off on vacation... well, that seriously does need addressing.