4-3-3 with through balls, myth or science fiction?

I have tried millions of tactical setups and I could not produce a tactics that does the following:

* 4-3-3 shape

* Most goals come from through balls or slick passing

* More possession then the opposition

This is with Milan in 2026 season where I have world class players in every position..

It cannot be done on a consistent basis...

I do get some highlights with through balls but my players seem to forget to score when one Vs one with the keeper...very rearly do I see goals from such plays like one in 6 games...

Yet I conside such goals almost every game, because I play high pressing and high defensive line which is expected..

But no one can convince me that world class players cant play through the middle against a low block, they can it's just harder....but not on FM the ME does not allow for such a things...

So please anyone for the love of God try and create such tactics if I am not able to do it..

Edited by FM1000

If you are one of the best teams in the game, then you are going to come up against low block, narrow and compact defences that flood the middle and force you wide often. That is also true of real life football. 

I think the best place to start is to see what you have tried. I suspect that alongside high pressing and high DL you are playing on positive or attacking? This sort of thing is not really conducive to opening a defensive team with slick passing. It is more like throwing rocks through a window than picking a lock. 

I haven't checked FM22 stats but in FM21, all teams, including AI managed teams, did attempt crosses at a much higher rate than IRL.  But the lack of central, through ball goals is also true IRL.

There is an Athletic article from earlier this year about the importance of crossing in today's game because so many teams are adept at playing congested, low blocks.  In many matches, you'll see that, for example, Liverpool or Man City need either a great cross from Trent Alexander Arnold or Cancelo, a set piece goal, a great run from the wing by Salah, a long shot or a rebound in order to get that first goal, which opens up the game.  Or in the latter stages, when players tire, you might see a through ball.