What´s wrong with my keeper?

Before the season goes much further I need to understand why this young keeper has a an issue.

Perfectionist, no downsides whatsoever and uses both feet. Unfortunately I can´t set him to no nonsense sweeper keeper, his first touch is a bit lacking and he shouldn´t try to outsmart a striker.

He has 3 7.5 ratings this season ... all in games where the opponent has no shots on target, maybe he catches the crosses? Not watching the full matches, nothing on the extensive highlights that warrants a 7.5.

In a very tightly contested community shield I lost 7-0, 3 long range shots and 4 crosses ... Liverpool had 8 shots and I had 7 with XG favour, anyway, my goalie practically was non existent, he was just flapping around like an idiot. If a shot is on target there is 95% chance it will go in regardless of where the shot is from.

I have met West Ham twice, lost the super cup to a single shot an target and beat them in the league ... 6-3, they had 3 shots on target, all 3 from crosses as their only highlights.

Last season´s keeper was sold due to the release clause being triggered, 130 million Euros, off he went to Bayern to be second keeper. I scoured the market but the only really good goalies are oldies, couldn´t find a single noteworthy keeper in 2033, I searched extensively because I knew this guy had a problem, it´s not the first time I have used him and he seems to suffer from something ... what? ... I have no clue, statwise though he beats most keepers in 2033 apart from agility and first touch. All keepers I have met in the pre-season, even non-league keepers were better than him.

Maybe he is too young for the PL? He has about 40 games in total under his belt, always heavily underperforming and letting everything in, mostly cup games, I was warned but didn´t heed the warning -you can safely call me stupid. But can you figure out why he is hopeless, why are you a better keeper than him?  :-D

PS: Should have bought Ramsdale ... he was cheap ... too late now.

notawall.jpg

Edited by AurioDK

20 minutes ago, FrazT said:

His GK attributes appear to be fine, but I note that both his bravery and composure are below what you would expect a top keeper to be

Yeah, having to choose in 2033 isn´t easy, most goalkeepers are missing key attributes, West Hams keeper looks really good ... but has 5 in aerial ability, finding someone with overall decent stats is really difficult. I just have to find out which stats a keeper can´t be missing at all. It still doesn´t really explain why he is so bad.

Edited by AurioDK

It could be agility.

In my current FM 21 save my old, injury plagued keeper lost a bit of agility and started to perform really badly, getting beaten from distance constantly and letting in soft near post goals. I replaced him with some 17 year old keeper I had recruited on a whim, which turned out to be a good decision because the young man is a godlike shot stopper by comparison. His reflexes attribute was only one better, but the key seems to be that his agility is 16 compared to the older keeper's 11. Try recruiting a keeper with good agility as well as reflexes

Edited by Outsider23