Nik33's Media Update (FM22)

Nik33 has released his Media Update for FM22. The file is @majesticeternity massive project with work by @nik33 and joe5p for FM22. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2674233287

The update includes 4,250+ sources, over 100 bookmakers and around 1000 journalists/pundits etc. Lots of duplicates removed and tidied up. 

The standard database includes 109 media sources. This file includes 4200 media sources.

This thread is an attempt to encourage users to contribute to keeping the pack up to date and relevant. The initial aim is that the pack will be as accurate as possible, so missing media can go in, and redundant media can be removed. Rolling updates are then likely. 

As the pack has evolved over a number of years, it is possible that some of the sources are outdated or inaccurate. There may also be new sources in real life that are not captured in the pack. 

You can request inclusion of new sources via this thread. For now, SI know of a bug preventing new journalists from being included. When they resolve that issue, the thread will open up to include new journalists as well as sources. 

Please check in game by using the pack first in case the source you are requesting is already part of the file. For any errors with current sources, a PM might be easiest. 

If you can't find the media you are looking for and want to request a new source, please post here as follows:

Source Name:

Source URL (if relevant):

Attends Press Conferences: Yes or No (if no, it may be something like a podcast, or club level fan media, they can be included but will only show via social media and news items rather than attend press conferences).

Period (one of): Anytime (most media these days unless no online presence or Sunday press), weekday morning, weekday evening, specific day of week, monthly, bi monthly, quarterly, annually

Scope (one of): Worldwide, Continental, National, Regional, Local, Competition, Club

For fan based club media, it is club. Competition seems to work best in game for most of the other sources. 

Style (one of):  Tabloid, Broadsheet, Formal, Casual, Popular, Analytical

Type (as many as are relevant): TV, Newspaper, Website, Fanzine, Bookmaker, Radio, Magazine, Social Media, Podcast

Areas Covered: If this source always covers specific regions, competitions or clubs please specify

Credit to creators of previous media packs used with permission in majesticeternitys FM21 file that is now Nik33s FM22 file (click spoiler):

Spoiler

Innumerable alterations, additions and updates and hopefully still active: MajesticEternity 

RussianMedia - Footmob               
Indonesia Media - rio_pl             
Greek Media by fmgreece.gr         
Hungarian Media - CormakRepublicAvatar    
World Media - Nik33              
Media - Sangue Blu                 
Irish League - TheGavinMaxwell       
Media - sortitoutsi           
Polish Media - FM Revolution      
Argentina media - prestige087   
Parche Liga Chilena - Tapia        
Medios de comunicación - Migue_poli      
Real Media Sources - ducc             
Real Portuguese Media - kojuropp      
Swedish media sources  - mattep74       
 Serbian Media Pack - gamingfreak       
 Turkish Media Pack - mentese             
 Irish Fantasy Pyramid - BoyinGreen   
 Brazil Update        - Adriano Roberto
 Canada             - yellowsweatygorilla
 Italy                 - FUSIONDB

English and Scottish - joe5p

Edited by joe5p

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I notice that you have yellowsweatygorilla's Canadian media files. Would this file work alongside his Canadian megapatch?

Any media that were in @yellowsweatygorilla 's pack at the time he gave majestic permission to use it in the larger pack will be in this file. Any new media created by @yellowsweatygorilla since that point won't be. However, if @yellowsweatygorilla is happy for any new sources to be added to this pack then that would be great. I know he updates his Canadian files every year. If you use both together, you will probably end up with some duplicate media sources for Canada (probably a small number).

Media is frustrating in that it would make sense to have one large pack maintained with lots of contributors because small packs are great but obviously don't have scope across all nations. 

In terms of the other megapack elements, then yes, no issue, it will work with the Canadian system etc.

Edited by joe5p

On 06/12/2021 at 20:05, joe5p said:

Any media that were in @yellowsweatygorilla 's pack at the time he gave majestic permission to use it in the larger pack will be in this file. Any new media created by @yellowsweatygorilla since that point won't be. However, if @yellowsweatygorilla is happy for any new sources to be added to this pack then that would be great. I know he updates his Canadian files every year. If you use both together, you will probably end up with some duplicate media sources for Canada (probably a small number).

Media is frustrating in that it would make sense to have one large pack maintained with lots of contributors because small packs are great but obviously don't have scope across all nations. 

In terms of the other megapack elements, then yes, no issue, it will work with the Canadian system etc.

Sorry mate, what I meant was, if I'm using the Canadian megapatch by YSG, how would that affect the use of this file as his media files are also included in your pack. Would it duplicate the sources? 

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Sorry mate, what I meant was, if I'm using the Canadian megapatch by YSG, how would that affect the use of this file as his media files are also included in your pack. Would it duplicate the sources? 

You might end up with some duplicate Canadian media, all other media will work as intended. 

If it were me, I would load a game with one, test it to see how it looks, then compare to the other. 

You can also request that media be added to this file, and they would be added fairly quickly. However, at the moment, it isn't possible to add journalists with certainty that they will appear. SI are working on a fix and that issue impacts any situation with more than one file loading from the FM22 editor. 

Taking requests for specific journalists as well as media sources. PM probably best, but I can get them in. File will be updated on a rolling basis, with Steam and other links updated too.