[FM22] 528 Team, 11 Level Canadian Pyramid

For anyone who has played my last database, found here 

Compete in a complete restructuring of the Canadian soccer pyramid, complete with 11 levels of competitions, featuring a total of 528 teams from leagues across Canada. Fight for league cups, and a complete overhaul of the Canadian Championship, from an expanded Canadian Premier League of 16 teams, with full Promotion and Relegation. A completely reasonable future for Canadian Soccer, this file allows you to compete as any team in Canada as if Canada was England, allowing little Surrey United to fight a battle against Vancouver at BC place for the chance to represent Canada in CONCACAF.

Download here -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2827095010

You can also download the file directly from this post, however you must log in

Check out my discord if you would like https://discord.gg/6dBFcPzRNa

A Full List of Changes

Structure

There are 11 levels of Soccer in this database

The first 2 leagues feature 16 teams, and play for the Sinclair Cup

Level 3 features 32 teams across 2 leagues, and play for the Schmidt Cup. 

Level 4 features 48 teams spread across 3 leagues, and play for the Fleming Cup. Top 8 teams of the Fleming cup play against Level 3 in the Leblanc Cup

Level 5 and Below feature 60 teams, spread across 3 leagues, divided into 2 groups of 10. The top Level 5 teams in the Canadian Championship feature in the Grosso Cup

And then Finally, USports, matching their real world structure, but in 3 leagues instead of 4, complete with a post season Memorial Cup style league, featuring both the League Winners, and the Cup winners, for a 6 team single round robin format

The best of these leagues play for the 3 League cups, to determine who gets a bye to the quarterfinals of the Canadian Championship, alongside the winner of the Sinclair cup

Each of the senior teams has a U23 team, and a U20 team, which feature in Regional Youth Leagues, which feature relaxed rules, and a 10 level structure alongside applicable Usports teams, creating a spliced pyramid

Usports gets U18 teams which play in an HSports (Highschool analogue) league

All leagues mandate a certain number of Canadians, a few U21 players, and a U18 player in your match squad

5 subs from 12 for all competitions, some exceptions may be 6 subs, or max of 3 stoppages

Each league comes with a number of awards, such as Canadian Team of the Year

Added Teams

Every team from the following leagues features in the database, up January 2022:

USports, Canadian Soccer League, Pacific Coast Soccer League, Vancouver Island Soccer League, Vancouver Metro Soccer League, Fraser Valley Soccer League, Alberta Major Soccer League, Saskatchewan Premier Soccer League, Manitoba Major Soccer League, League 1 Ontario Reserves, Ontario Soccer League, Ligue de Soccer Elite Quebec, Nova Scotia Soccer League, , New Brunswick Premier Senior Soccer League, and Newfoundland and Labrador Challenge Cup

Also featuring teams like Algonquin College, who have their stadium in the game, to operate as owner for that stadium

Expanding joint teams out, to represent the future where these teams can compete without merging. A joint team will have two parent teams, with the parent teams being whatever the original organizations are

Future Proofing by including future expansion teams like Saskatoon, Langley, and Windsor

And just for fun, a minimal amount of speculation, like a Bundesliga expansion, and my College, BCIT

This brings the total number of Playable teams to 528

Staff

Most teams feature their real world head coach when one was able to be documented

And of course, some female staff from the various Womens league such as Bev Priestmen, who takes over the Canadian U23 national team, hoping to bring home another Gold Medal at the Olympics, or Karina LeBlanc who manages the Portland Timbers 2nd team, an analogue for the Portland Thorns

Features

Every team plays in a stadium, all 528

Some teams have their stadiums updated, or changed. Teams like FC Edmonton are future proofed to play into the larger, right next door, Commonwealth Stadium

Every stadium in the game has a team. Olympic stadium houses an amateur team. Can you get them to fill the stadium?

Every team has a proper Jersey, or if one could not be found, one assigned. You wont be encountering any default generic red and blue teams as you make your way up the pyramid

Some teams such as the Church based teams, or the ethnic Community based teams, have club visions to match their status. Churches are asked to develop through their own youth system. Academy teams are asked the same, but also to sign young players, USports teams are asked to recruit out of high school, and teams such as ICSF Columbus are asked to sign Italians. Some fun visions exist too. Can you guess what you might need to do as Goals City FC?

The 2020 Gold Medal Winning Canadian Women's National Team have been added as icons and legends to the applicable teams. Can the Whitecaps live up to expectations and move into Christine Sinclair stadium?

Be on the look out for some interesting challenges. The worst team in the game is Unathletico Vancouver. Can you lead them to Glory?

20220626123542_1.jpg

20220626123545_1.jpg

20220626123622_1.jpg

20220626123701_1.jpg

20220626124754_1.jpg

20220626125140_1.jpg

20220626125426_1.jpg

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid.fmf

Edited by animal31

• 1 month later...

Full Change Log

General Philosophy

• Church teams such as Youth For Christ Saints given mandatory club vision to develop players using youth facilities, IE sign from church members, and strong inclination to sign players from lower leagues, to vaugley represent spiritual charity
  • Unless otherwise stated Teams such as FC London and Windsor Stars are unbranded from their MLS affiliations and are no longer sub teams, but regular Affiliates. Non-MLS teams such as Olympiacos still have their affiliated subteams.
  • Teams such as Hamilton Croatia have club visions requiring the signing on National players, which may be difficult at lower levels. Teams that in real life do this for first nations do not in game, as the infrastructure for this change is not currently available. First nations teams have still been noted, however
  • Joint teams run by separate associations will be separated out into their component associations, to better fill out the pyramid and represent how they would operate given a full soccer pyramid. Merged teams, such as FC Laval are not joint teams run by two organizations but instead a Merger of Organizations
  • Added teams like Algonquin to own the stadiums already in game, have increased expansion capacity of stadiums to better reflect what that stadium could be if Canada was better at soccer
  • Football Academys such as Athletic Institute or CHNP du Quebec given club visions to increase their clubs youth academy reputation, and sign players under the age of 20
  • Added the Gold Medal winning Womens National Team players to Club Legends for the applicable teams
  • Soccer Clubs are treated as Senior teams, while schools are treated as U23s, regardless of the original age classes of the real teams. Women's teams attached to women's divisions in the league are added as men's teams
  • Every senior level league has 21 different awards, including specific awards just for Canadians
  • Regional MLS academies NOT added, instead they are to use their youth teams in the pyramid, or sign affiliations with senior teams, such as CF Montreal and FC Laval
  • Sub teams of Canadian Senior Teams such as GPS Academy not added due to restructuring of pyramid into Senior, U23, and U20. Youth teams of other Clubs are promoted to be senior level feeder teams

Database Changes

• Victoria Highlanders and Thunder Bay Chill have their B/reserve teams become U23s, or their C teams become U20s
  • FC Edmonton and Cavalry have their U21s become U20s
  • MLS Academy Teams move to U20s
  • Vancouver and Montreal get II teams to act as U23s
  • Fixed most kits from what is available
  • University of Calgary owns McMahon stadium
  • University of Alberta Owns Foote Field
  • SFU owns Terry Fox Field (renamed)
  • Vancouver U20 play at National Soccer Development Centre
  • All teams have been updated to have Jerseys, stadiums, and more often than not a head coach/general manager
  • Vaughan Azzurri is Vaughan SC
  • Darby FC is now Whitby FC due to playing in Whitby, Darlington FC has been created. Both clubs have the former stats of Darby FC, and new Darby FC has been created with 1 reputation, severing as a feeder team for both teams
  • Alliance United FC is now Markham FC, splits with Wexford SC, Alliance United FC added as amateur team
  • Scrosoppi is now Milton, Brampton SC
  • CF Montreal's affiliation with Bologna made non permanent incase Saputo decides to sell either team
  • All teams based in the USA in real life made Semi Professional
  • All League 1 Ontario/BC, PLSQ, CSL teams made semi professional
  • Panellinios GC is Panellinios St Michel FC
  • CHNP becomes "academy" based
  • Added full history of Canadian Championship since 2002
  • Vancouver Thunderbirds history incorporated with Varsity FC
  • Green and Gold Soccer Academy is University of Alberta
  • Calgary Dinos is University of Calgary
  • Unity FC is TWU
  • L1 BC Rivers FC is Thompson River University, Was Kamloops Wolfpack
  • Varsity FC is UBC Thunderbirds
  • Guelph United is University of Guelph
  • PEI FC is University of PEI

Newly Added Teams 

• All teams (as of January 2022) USports, Canadian Soccer League, Pacific Coast Soccer League, Vancouver Island Soccer League, Vancouver Metro Soccer League, Fraser Valley Soccer League, Alberta Major Soccer League, Saskatchewan Premier Soccer League, Manitoba Major Soccer League, League 1 Ontario Reserves, Ontario Soccer League, Ligue de Soccer Elite Quebec, Nova Scotia Soccer League, , New Brunswick Premier Senior Soccer League, and Newfoundland and Labrador Challenge Cup
  • Duplicates such as Surrey United B are not added
  • Usports + NCAA (Even those that don’t play Mens Soccer, given a reputation to account for this)
  • BCIT
  • University of New Brunswick Saint John
  • Algonquin, Centennial, Georgian, and Sheridan Colleges
  • FC Loro for CF Montreal full affiliation
  • PocoCity FC is Poco Euro-Rite FC
  • Surrey Pegasus FC is Surrey FC
  • Hollandia and SUSC separated into two teams
  • Berlin Academy NOT added due to Parent Club not being in the game
  • Artemesium is Artemisium
  • Oakville Rush is a subteam of the Rush Sports organization, but is not reflected as such in game as that would require an American update
  • Couldn’t find any information of SCM Academy
  • Assuming CFC Futbol Club/Canadian Futbol Club are London Atheletic Canadian Futbol Club
  • Chantilly Forever Hamilton is academy of Chantilly Forever FC in Jamaica
  • Kitchener Elite FC is Kitchener SC but have affiliation with TFC
  • EURU Futbol is a subteam of some unknown team, same as RUSH
  • BGH city separated into Hamilton City and Brantford Galaxy, same as Darby FC
  • Soccer Nova Scotia not added due to being a provincial organization, like BC Soccer, not a soccer club befitting the new pyramid
  • Duke FC is Eliot City Ramblers
  • Outriders FC, Good Fellas, TSI FC, Watertight FC, Cool Os, Winsloe Divas Are Winsloe-Charlottetown Royals
  • Hunters Ale, Buzz's Miss Kickers, Uptown Lounge are Sherwood-Parkdale Rangers
  • Koughan Autobody, PEI Tuskers, Rewind FC, Sharktooth Shooters, Spud connection are Stratford SC
  • RC United is joint team between Eliot River and Central Queens
  • Hillsbourough United is joint team between Sherwood Parkdale and Stratford SC
  • Western Wild and Kings County United have no information available
  • PEI FC is assumed to be team independent of Winsloe-Charlottetown Royals
  • Western Wild is West Prince Storm
  • Kings County Chargers is Morell Strikers
  • Calvin Randall is Conception Bay
  • Inter EDC is split between Estrella de Chile and Club Inter
  • Raggae Boys may not be a Canadian team

Communal Teams

(Sign players of Nationality, Importance of 5)

• Croatia - Edmonton Croatia, Croatia SC, Toronto Croatia, Hamilton Croatia, Mississauga Croatia, Croatia Norval SC, NK Hrvat, Hrvat St. Catharines, HNNK Dalmacija, NK Livno, HNNK Zagreb Toronto                
  • Ukraine - Ukrainian Sports Club Karpaty    FC Ukraine United                
  • Serbia - FC Serbia United, Hamilton Serbia, Serbian White Eagles                
  • Greek - Panellinios, Hellas SC, Panathinaikos Toronto                
  • Romania - FC Romania                
  • Portugal - Portuguese Oriental Sports Club FCPeniche CC, Peniche S.C., Portuguese Club of Vancouver, Portuguese Club of Cambridge Supersonics                
  • Jamaica - Raggae Boys                
  • Chile - Estella de Chile                
  • Scotland - Edmonton Scottish                
  • Scottish/Nr Ireland/Ireland -Toronto Celtic                
  • Russia/Ukraine - FC Vorkuta                
  • France - France FC                
  • Albania - Albania FC                
  • Pakistan/India - Punjab Hurricanes, Punjab FC Surrey, United Punjab                
  • Ireland/N Ireland -Toronto Irish                
  • Poland - Olympia Toronto, Wisla United SC                
  • North/South Korea - Korean Red Devils                
  • Hungary -Toronto Hungaria, Vasas FC                
  • Bosnia - Bosna SC                
  • Italy  - Columbus FC, Ital-Inter, Inter Burnaby

Fantasy Edits

• Prarieland Fc is Saskatoon CPL Expansion
  • FVFC is Langley CPL Expansion
  • Windsor FC is Windsor CPL Expansion
  • FC Edmonton now play at Commonwealth, the U23s continue to play at Clarke
  • University of Manitoba play at IG Field
  • University of Regina play at Mosiac Stadium, U18 play at University of Regina Field
  • Toronto Metropolitan plays at the Rodgers Centre instead of downsview
  • Panellinios SC plays at Olympic Stadium
  • Medicine Hat SC
  • Bayern Burnaby
  • Ayre Sudbury
  • Scarborough Robbie

Edited by animal31

A small change after doing some team counts

Quebec has fewer teams that I thought

Leagues 1 and 2 will be 16 teams straight, meaning a mix of West, Ontario, and East. Leagues 3 will be 32 teams, 16 in each group, spread between East and West. Level 4 is then 16 teams from the West, Central, and East. Which means the lowest level will be Level 5, as opposed to level 6 like originally planned, and will lock teams to it once teams in a region falls below 8

Functionally this is the same, but it might lead to situations where Halifax has to play in the same group as a team from Manitoba. Just something to look out for. This is obviously an extreme example, but keeping the pyramid a level shorter will reduce the chances of it

• 2 weeks later...

I havnt been as productive as I like, but we're getting closer to it all being done

Theres a lot of low level teams im trying to find some sort of information on, and its quite slow going, but ive decided to not let perfect be the enemy of good

• 2 weeks later...

Again I would like to apologize for not having this done before the Winter Update

But on the bright side, I dont lose any progress, I just have to migrate the stats for teams like Varsity FC to become The University of British Columbia, for example. Same thing for a couple of stadiums like Chase Office Field for Trinity Western/Unity FC, which I added preemptively. Nothing major

Everything else is still on track

Edited by animal31

• 2 weeks later...

So, because I originally didnt do the math, ive had to do some major changes to the bottom teir, and U23s

There are just so many teams

Ive needed to spread out Tier 5 into 6 levels in order to facilitate how few teams are in Eastern Canada (Quebec and the Maritimes), and how so many provinces make up Western Canada, while still following the regions bourne of the Canadian Hockey League. With only a single teir, theres 2 groups of Teams in Eastern Canada, but 16 groups in Western Canada. Thats insane, and makes it impossible for teams to actually be promoted out

So instead, I've given different levels of Teir 5 leagues based on how many teams are in each of the 3 regions of canada. 

Eastern Canada will have 2 Levels, Ontario will have 4, and Western Canada will have 6

In addition, the Junior ranks have to be expanded quite a bit. Im less woried about travel because im hard limiting groups to 8, but that increases the amount of levels I need to house teams. There are now set to be 8 Levels each of U23, and U20

To prevent clutter, im making Usports its own primary division instead of a side cup of the U23s like previous versions. Usports teams now qualify for U23 competitions with their senior team.

Usports is now a grand total of Level 11

Hopefully this explains the massive delay. There are just so many teams

• 1 month later...

I've completed the database as far as it can go in the basic editor, I am not just going through the advanced editor making things "correct" if the intended option doesnt exist in the basic editor, such as regionalized divisions, goalkeepers on the bench, stadium selection, multi stage playoffs for Level 5 and below teams, etc

I suppose I can give a bit of a dev diary for my last few days

Currently i've been working on integrating the U23s and Usports teams into a 9 level pyramid, as intended by my initial outline. I had to iterate through a couple of solutions that would make sense at a player level (Usports teams selectable from main pyramid. There are only 10 levels of teams, not 19, Teams are promoted based on position, instead of a nebulous "Get 8 best U23 teams".), and at a developer level (No I will not manually register 856 U23 and U20 teams into leagues). Basically, U23 teams get put into a secondary division, and the Usports teams are registered manually, a much better compromise for both. There is now also a U23 regional division, split between BC, Western Canada, Ontario, and Eastern Canada. It has less strict rules for play than the U23 Pyramid, since it doesn't also contain School teams. It allows for more subs, and has no limits on O23 players, but is also less competitively balanced, and relies purely on regionalized divisions, since the U23 teams are intended to be reserves. The competitive balance of the taller pyramid is so they can play with teams that cannot sign players above the age of 23, my compromise for there not being "You can only play for this team for 4 years" mechanic, and still giving Usports teams something interesting to do

Though, for next years release, I think Usports teams will field a pro team, the same way UBC, Guelph, etc do in League1 BC, and League1 Ontario. I would integrate them this release, but I couldnt figure out a way to give them different rules in the same leagues as Senior teams. Since they wouldnt be able to field O23 players, or U18 players, given that they are intended to be made up of college students. Them fielding a pro team will let me create Sub23 teams to act as various campuses for teams such as UBC or BCIT, who have Campuses all over BC, from Vancouver, the Burnaby, to Surrey, to the Okanagan, depending on the school. But thats work for next year, I want to get this years database out while its still... you know, this year

• 2 weeks later...

I know match congestion was a big problem in last years database, so a few cups have been modified. The Canadian championship for example is only knockout games, so if youre a low level team making a suberb run, thats abnormal, but no different than the FA cup's 14 games. Theres more teams, so its 20 games. But chances are, an amateur team isnt going that far. If you do, I feel like thats such an extreme example, I just hope you prepared for it. But, theres also less games in general, so hopefully its fine

The UEFA cup winner plays 15 games in Europe when though they lost in the Champions League group stage,  the Champions League winner plays 13, while an MLS/CPL team will only play up to 10 in the new NACL if they win it all

The EPL plays 38 league games, the MLS plays 34. CPL teams in my database play 30 league games. There is no longer a specific league playoff

Canadian MLS teams will play 8 cup games, if they go on to win it all, where as an EPL team will play 10 if they win both the FA cup and EFL cup, 11 if they arent also in Europe

That means an EPL team may play a total of 61 games. 15 Europe, 38 League, 6 FA Cup, 4 EFL Cup. More Typically, its 50 if they dont go very far in any cup

an MLS team then will play 52 at Maximum. 46 if they dont make the Knockout rounds of the NACL. Not bad in comparison

A CPL team however has its League Cup that the MLS team doesnt have, but it also only plays 30 league games, but they enter the Canadian Championship lower. Compiled, this is 56 if they win everything, 50 if they lose in the NACL group stage. So around the same as an EPL team

Obviously the lower you go the worse you are, so the less knockout rounds youll play. But it all sorta balances out to be less than the English pyramid, even with all my added fancy competitions

On 04/05/2022 at 18:48, animal31 said:

The Senior level competitions are all finished

Just have to finish the youth competitions like USports, U23s, U20s, and HSports

What do you mean by "HSports"? I know what U-Sports are, that's the Uni teams. Would I be right in assuming that HSports is high school? 

13 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What do you mean by "HSports"? I know what U-Sports are, that's the Uni teams. Would I be right in assuming that HSports is high school? 

Yes, its the U18 teams that Usports have, in order to give them a reserves team, as they are a U23 team

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep you guys updated, its been slow going. I've been 'working' near constantly since my last update. But that work is running the game with various changes and seeing when it crashes. This might involve running until 2050, which I think is fair. If it crashes once only in November of 2051, I don't think anyone's going to mind

But its been extremely precise to try to find whats actually causing it, so i'm making maybe 1 change, and then running the database for however long it takes to either crash or hit 2030 at the minimum, 2050 for my overnight tests. I might get 3 changes in a day, so thats why theres been a lack of meaningful progress. But anyone with a Programmer background, like myself, can probably relate

Itll be out by July 1st no matter what, even if I have to scrap every single rule and just run basic rules. I wont force you guys to wait till FM23. There is already a working version of the database I could release, but would rather not

Fm23 will 'launch' with the final version of this database, just tweaked to fit whatever changes SI makes to the default. The January window will then be my goal for the new version. Which makes sense as thats when the Canadian seasons start

• 2 weeks later...

We've solved the crash issue thats been happening

Now we can finally get back to fixing... well every other problem thats been happening lol

This sounds depressing, but its actually a great problem to have. A tiny little problem prevented so much progress this past month, and now time can be spent on the actual finishing touches of the Database. I might maintain a July 1st release for the spectacle of Canada day, but it'll be done before then I think

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want to Alarm anyone

But I think Im just about finished with the database

Just have to iron out a couple of balancing things, fix some minor mistakes, that kind of stuff

And then perhaps put together a graphics pack, and then I can finally start actually playing the game lol

• animal31 changed the title to [FM22] 528 Team, 11 Level Canadian Pyramid
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a reminder that this database will be released for FM23 as is, with no fixes to any errors that may exist

That way yall have something to do while I work on the updated version, which will hopefully be done much quicker this year

Ill be adding all the new teams from the Canadian leagues this year, as well as some new college teams from lower levels, as well as fixing any general errors that I made in the release. Ill be recalculating some team reputations, and making some small changes to league structure. And any team that folded between the previous release and today will still be included, but with a lower reputation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...