FM 22 Cruyff Total Football (with the new roles WCB)

Hello!!

As a big fan of total football with all managers like Cruyff, Guardiola, van Gaal, Ten Hag etc. i'm always trying to create a total football tactic in Football manager. 
I want to create a mix of Total Football and TikaTaka. Im sharing a tactic based on Cruijff's tactics. I used youtube (Football made simple video), google and some of RDF tactics of FM 21 to inspire me. 

The start is promising but im like to tweak it so it gets better and better. For example im not totally satisfied with the striker. Maybe its Haller, maybe the role... playing around with it. Also the libero is a thing im looking at. R. Koeman played like a libero at Cruijffs dream team but dont know if this is good for FM match engine to get the best results. 

So this is a bit like i think Cruijff played his total football, and now im tweaking it to get the best results with the FM 22 match engine. 
Would love for you guys to play with it too and maybe tweak it with me. 

UPDATE:

NEW VERSION! REALLY GOOD RESULTS. 

Won almost everything. Only a 1-1 against Utrecht. And a 3-2 loss against Man Utd. 
All the other matches we won. With allot of goals. And very few against! 

Love this version untill now! 
Picture is still the old version. New version hasnt big changes. Positinal is the same, some minor tweaks but it works great now! 
Soon new pictures. 

UPDATE II 

I have a small update here now with two new tactics. 
The first one is the standard 3-4-3 with some minor tweaks. 
Second one is one where my team doesnt press that much. Taking the advice from this https://t.co/5rMTO4l3LY?amp=1
And it works nice!! 

This season i won the league easy. Only 2 draws and 1 loss. Also won the cup. Champions league i got knocked out in the first round against Bayern M. At home 2-2 and away only lost 0-1. 
On to the next season now. 

Here are the two new tactics. 

Cruijff 3-4-3 .jpg

Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v2.fmf

Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v4.fmf Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v4 (Rest).fmf

Edited by indyvidu

3 hours ago, Bremdog26 said:

looks VERY attacking, how is your goals against going?

I'd imagine something like this would work with elite players, but maybe not so much otherwise. Although he does only have 1 player on atk and has a HB which will help out the 3 man defense.

Edited by mikenevo

Interesting, will give this a go. Am finding sometimes, defensively players go missing in this version of the ME, i mean completely out of position, so it might not just be your tactics......(having said that, if yesterdays Everton Vs Watford is anything to go by, the ME is actually pretty accurate!!!)

So here is a update. 

I really love this tactic now! 
Allot of smooth attacking plays. Allot of good pressure on the ball when we lose it. If we lose the ball, because we have allot of ball possesion! 
And also allot of people switching possitions! Real total football style! 
And also great results! 

Cruijff 3-4-3 results.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data .jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data General Performance.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data Team Attacking.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data Team defending.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Tactic.jpg

Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v2 Spits.fmf Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v2.fmf

On 22/10/2021 at 09:30, indyvidu said:

Hello!!

As a big fan of total football with all managers like Cruyff, Guardiola, van Gaal, Ten Hag etc. i'm always trying to create a total football tactic in Football manager. 
I want to create a mix of Total Football and TikaTaka. Im sharing a tactic based on Cruijff's tactics. I used youtube (Football made simple video), google and some of RDF tactics of FM 21 to inspire me. 

The start is promising but im like to tweak it so it gets better and better. For example im not totally satisfied with the striker. Maybe its Haller, maybe the role... playing around with it. Also the libero is a thing im looking at. R. Koeman played like a libero at Cruijffs dream team but dont know if this is good for FM match engine to get the best results. 

So this is a bit like i think Cruijff played his total football, and now im tweaking it to get the best results with the FM 22 match engine. 
Would love for you guys to play with it too and maybe tweak it with me. 

UPDATE:

NEW VERSION! REALLY GOOD RESULTS. 

Won almost everything. Only a 1-1 against Utrecht. And a 3-2 loss against Man Utd. 
All the other matches we won. With allot of goals. And very few against! 

Love this version untill now! 
Picture is still the old version. New version hasnt big changes. Positinal is the same, some minor tweaks but it works great now! 
Soon new pictures. 

Cruijff 3-4-3 .jpg

Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v2.fmf 44.14 kB · 52 downloads

Have you tried the Carrilero instead RPM and BBM? I saw a few articles on this tactic using Carrilero, but didn't tested yet.

Football Manager Primer: Playing on The Edge with WideCentreback - Dictate The Game

How's your defending when facing Wingers?

18 hours ago, gpassosbh said:

Have you tried the Carrilero instead RPM and BBM? I saw a few articles on this tactic using Carrilero, but didn't tested yet.

Football Manager Primer: Playing on The Edge with WideCentreback - Dictate The Game

How's your defending when facing Wingers?

Ah thanks for the article! Nice reading this! 

I havent tried the Carrilero roles because i dont think the two cm's in Cruijfs philosophy played like that. In his teams one was one of the best, if not the best, playmaker and the other one was sort of a box to box midfielder. And i dont think the carilero roles play like that. Also the Bpd in the back is not like Koeman played. The libero role is way more like that. Maybe its better for the FM match engine or for the results ;-) But i want to make it as realistic possible and my results thus far are great and i love the way my team is playing. 

My teams defending against wingers is good. My team is pressing quickly and have a very crowded midfield where almost all the passing lines are covered quickly too so we get te ball back fast. When we dont get the ball back fast sometimes a long ball over 
my defence to a winger and when that winger crosses it to the other side of the pitch is tricky. But i have almost every match a ball possesion of at least 65% and sometimes over 70% so that doesnt happen that much. 

But im trying to make it even more perfect everytime. And maybe these roles give me even better results. But for now i like the way my team is playing with the roles i got! 

On 26/10/2021 at 05:34, indyvidu said:

So here is a update. 

I really love this tactic now! 
Allot of smooth attacking plays. Allot of good pressure on the ball when we lose it. If we lose the ball, because we have allot of ball possesion! 
And also allot of people switching possitions! Real total football style! 
And also great results! 

Cruijff 3-4-3 results.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data .jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data General Performance.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data Team Attacking.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Data Team defending.jpg

Cruijff 3-4-3 v2 Tactic.jpg

Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v2 Spits.fmf 44.17 kB · 44 downloads Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v2.fmf 44.14 kB · 40 downloads

What's the diference from "V2 spits" and just "V2" you shared?

1 hour ago, gpassosbh said:

What's the diference from "V2 spits" and just "V2" you shared?

Difference is that the v2 spits is more suitable for a real striker. The Amc is on support. If you dont have a striker that can play deeper. 
The V2 has a complete forward on support and a Amc on attacking. 

I have a small update here now with two new tactics. 
The first one is the standard 3-4-3 with some minor tweaks. 
Second one is one where my team doesnt press that much. Taking the advice from this https://t.co/5rMTO4l3LY?amp=1
And it works nice!! 

This season i won the league easy. Only 2 draws and 1 loss. Also won the cup. Champions league i got knocked out in the first round against Bayern M. At home 2-2 and away only lost 0-1. 
On to the next season now. 

Here are the two new tactics. 

Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v4.fmf Cruijff IV 3-4-3 v4 (Rest).fmf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2021 at 15:00, indyvidu said:

off course! Have fun with it! Im tweaking it a bit the last couple of days again. Havent had the chance to play the game the last couple of weeks due to some personal stuff. But back at it now! 
Love to see how you like it! 

hi mate, any chance you can post a pic of your latest version and list any PI's, i'm on xbox and can't download. Thanks