Lets talk about Flair

So, I think I've just had another FM light-bulb moment 

I've never really given Flair much thought, I've never really noticed the in game effects of it but think it's finally just hit me :onmehead:

Right now, I'm in the Vanarama North, pre season after my first season & my scouts are throwing better players at me  so I'm snapping up guys on cheap contracts & loans to push for the play offs this season

My tactic is pretty bog standard with two CM-S's

4-4-2.png.53a70ba7d0cc65fa37bb957da76f42cf.png

I've been building the squad to have aggressive, bulldog type link players in centre mid to form a solid wall in CM

Sole.thumb.png.5a246a5fe2f02baad2f75cd45402445c.png

Seddon.png.2a1bd7ce74f735b7790d621e61186b59.png

That's just two of them, more like centre backs than midfielders but look at the Flair

Then there's this guy, a chap I had on loan a couple of seasons back, came knocking on my door me asking for a job when he was clubless

Hazard.png.f0d176b4ac782eceff86d91a1a841645.png

Now, I noticed glimpses of what he had in the locker over a couple of games. The other guys would aggressively hunt down the ball & play it safe, might occasionally punt off a shot or through ball but I'm pretty sure Chris has just me shown me what Flair is

950514328_Chris1.gif.635a4df901fb470caed57b13e7990173.gif

246576121_Chris3.gif.451ec087a7de9e95ef53b7fa59566b42.gif

780416659_Chris2.gif.862b11eebbf56b7349ef447810788184.gif

I mean, he's a bit different to the other fellas 

Oh sh*t a trap tactic :D

1 saat önce, Johnny Ace said:

Hazard.png.f0d176b4ac782eceff86d91a1a841645.png

Nice attributes for lower league. Only lacks speed and decisions. Fine by me. 

I frequently compare flair attribute when I use a player similar quality to others or when I buy someone.

4 minutes ago, zabyl said:

Oh sh*t a trap tactic :D

Nice attributes for lower league. Only lacks speed and decisions. Fine by me. 

I frequently compare flair attribute when I use a player similar quality to others or when I buy someone.

Decisions are hard to find, I think the league average is 10.13 

The plan going forward is having a low flair bulldog & a solid player with a bit of flair in CM

Just signed this guy for a back up

Ethan.png.86b7bf5a8cc88282e145627c1942b2f3.png

He looks like a lower league Enganche :D

9 dakika önce, Johnny Ace said:

Ethan.png.86b7bf5a8cc88282e145627c1942b2f3.png

He looks like a lower league Enganche :D

He is right foot only. Hazard is left foot only. Where will you use him LCM or RCM?

Also unambitious player. That is a no for me :)

Edited by zabyl

1 minute ago, zabyl said:

He is right foot only. Hazard is left foot only. Where will you use him LCM or RCM?

Also unambitious player. That is a no for me :)

Hazard on the left, Ethan on the right paired with a destroyer :thup:

I've only got him for the season & my facilities are so bad I can't really develop players, I just have to get in who I can 

I guess playing him in a role where he has no PI's allows him to use that Flair. Personally flair is nice but it's more of an added cherry for me. Most important is players can do what I want them to do and then flair is secondary. But flairy players is what the fans want to see so it's handy having like one or two in roles where they take more risks as they can pull off the ridiculous if they have the attributes to do so. Funnily enough, two footed wingers with high flair do the most outrageous stuff at times.

51 minutes ago, Justified said:

I guess playing him in a role where he has no PI's allows him to use that Flair. Personally flair is nice but it's more of an added cherry for me. Most important is players can do what I want them to do and then flair is secondary. But flairy players is what the fans want to see so it's handy having like one or two in roles where they take more risks as they can pull off the ridiculous if they have the attributes to do so. Funnily enough, two footed wingers with high flair do the most outrageous stuff at times.

Yeah, no PIs or fancy roles, I think most would use him as a playmaker or something or even out wide which is his primary role

I think having one of the two being a flairy player can help unlock teams, like you say, do something different. I was playing two grafters at all times & can notice the difference having him in the lineup. Those guys do a great job but it's a bit bog standard & predictable at times. It's interesting & now have another way to play it safe or play it risky & will consider it in other roles now 

6 dakika önce, De Nile said:

It all good when it works but the other attributes like technique, long shots, dribbling, composure will all help in telling whether he will be successful in whatever he will do.

Yeah, they increase the chance of  doing something special (relative number to playing level for these key attributes). Add there strength attribute for long shots.

12 minutes ago, De Nile said:

It all good when it works but the other attributes like technique, long shots, dribbling, composure will all help in telling whether he will be successful in whatever he will do.

Would be fun seeing an utterly terrible player with high flair play (or a technically brilliant player with no flair)

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Would be fun seeing an utterly terrible player with high flair play (or a technically brilliant player with no flair)

Yeah I had a technical player with 15 flair as a striker in the lower leagues but he was so poor at shooting, I had to retrain his position to AMC while he played as an DLF

19 minutes ago, Hoof-it said:

Flair is one of my most important attributes. My way of playing is attacking players with high flair to help unlock defences

I guess you have to wary of it too, like a DC or a DM with high flair might not always be what you want 

I might have a look through the keepers later :lol: