Keep a 2 Star main striker?

TL:DR - Should I keep using this player as the main striker? and what about when he drops to 1.5 or 1 star rating due to signing better players?

Hi, I must admit that I perhaps use Coach and Assistant recommendations a bit more than I should. But I find very often that a 4 star player tend to do better comared to a 2 star player over the coarse of a season.  I am in the process of turning a very bad team into a decent one and thus I have signed new "6-7 star" players every 6 months and thus lowering the star rating of all of my players on a regular basis. I can see it very quickly when I sign a new 5 star player and everyone on the team or in the same position drop 1-2 stars within a week of them joining the team.  Since stars is a rating between 1-5 stars and also just a comparison of the players on the team and not a comparison to the league or other teams.

3HpILNl.png
Y7vO7HL.png

Everyone on my team including Yassine was 3,5 to 5 star current ability upon signing them, but have lost stars over time. Here is my current squad.
qOXkd91.png

22 goals in 34 appearances speaks for itself really. I'd sign a youngster with the potential to be better as a back up, with a viewing to replacing him eventually. While the goals keep flowing there's no reason to ditch him however, he hasn't gotten any worse after all.

I lost my only scout since he refused the new contract (low max wage). I ask the "DoF" for recommendations and offer a trail. It happens to be my Chairman and none other than Chris Evans from top gear!

Y9RM2wW.png

He found me a 22 year old striker who has NEVER played a football match in his life! Hope he turns out well. He is my currently best rated player both in AMR, AML and STC. So ill still play my old striker when he is needed elsewhere.

QdlVMeG.png

I was very lucky and got to play against Everton in the cup. Made more ticket money from that one match that I made the past season combined.

zPsUUbG.png

I guess Jack Jacques wants to be the main striker on the team. He just beat Yassine En-Nayeh old record of 4 goals in a league match. Currently on 15 league goals from 13(1) matches. I thank my Chairman for finding my new striker! I will use Yassine En-Nayeh as a substitute as he can replace all the 3 strikers when needed.

He even got a rating of 10.0!! That so rare Its almost impossible to get...!

6Ed9Dkh.png