Can you ban teams from European Competition in the Editor?

oche balboa

You could try and see if ignores work. I have been using these with quite some success in competitions.

The way you use them is create the competition (or use an existing edit file). Go the teams tab for the competitions, where you add an ignore line, pick specific teams (for instance Man City) and make sure the ignore is the FIRST line, because when selecting teams for the competition you want the game, first exclude a team and then select the correct teams.

19 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You could try and see if ignores work. I have been using these with quite some success in competitions.

The way you use them is create the competition (or use an existing edit file). Go the teams tab for the competitions, where you add an ignore line, pick specific teams (for instance Man City) and make sure the ignore is the FIRST line, because when selecting teams for the competition you want the game, first exclude a team and then select the correct teams.

Would be hard to create the European Competitions again, But will try and edit its existing file 

On 23/04/2021 at 03:33, Wolf_pd said:

can you please post a screenshot of where you are doing this as I have tried that previously with no success- can you also show what options have been ticked/unticked and what TYPE is selected

here is the rules to select teams that go into the group stage of the UCL[this is via the stages tab of UCL]

I have added ignore the ''dirty 6 EPL teams''

but when you add an option  the TYPE box auto appears and defaults to this-

6af3498401cbc796b0db008d9c6916bf.png

so even though I have selected ignore team/s  you have to select TYPE- get specific team to name a team

8f1da40bef71285b79cc4ee6c5a2fa2b.png 

This then results in a conflict the comp is looking to ignore and pick a specific team to take part so it defaults and ignores the rule resulting in the named 'ignored' teams still taking part in UCL

I have even tried the Teams tab[separate from the stage- teams]

where it says qualified teams

still no joy

182b9a48cb1da6d0baf152bb663851b9.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

8 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

For ignoring teams, you need to check the checkbox left of ignore teams (as you did) AND the one right of ignore teams as well. 

ok cheers I have tried that too but didnt work but will do so again

but that is the right place to do it at the stage tab and the TYPE is get specific team

no need to duplicate it in the qualified teams section?

The ignoring teams method above should definitely work too if set up correctly, but is vulnerable to bugs (ie if the teams list doesn't contain enough teams, the game doesnt know what to do and ignores the 'ignore team' function).

I think theres other ways in the advanced editor that you can ban teams for set number of years but can't remember where. 

A much simpler solution- edit the database and change a clubs 'Continental cup nation'. In the example below I simply changed this to 'Great Britain'. If you just do this, The club will play in the European comps in the first season, but won't subsequently qualify (unless they win the EURO Cup or Champions League in that first season). To fix this, you want to also remove the teams from the 'Registered teams' section of the European competitions for which they have already qualified (in the case of Arsenal, the EURO Cup; see bottom image). This way, they'll stop playing in European competitions immediately. 

image.thumb.png.99891f592f125153a95cec1979e050c6.png

image.thumb.png.a29bf040863e78ec638922bdc8985627.png

image.thumb.png.15957c0b59adef89bb071a2c6873b4b5.png

Hmm, subtle that one. You will have to pick a extinct nation though, right? Otherwise a team could qualify for a different competiion?

And I agree, you have to make sure that the game can pick enough teams. Otherwise it will fill the tournament with extra teams, usually the ones with highest reputation.

18 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Hmm, subtle that one. You will have to pick a extinct nation though, right? Otherwise a team could qualify for a different competiion?

I don't believe so- I also tested putting Arsenal's Continental Cup nation to Wales and because they don't play in any Welsh competition that could qualify them for Europe, they never do. However there may be some domestic tournaments that select teams based on teams' continental cup nations so to be sure, I'd set it as an extinct nation. 

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

And I agree, you have to make sure that the game can pick enough teams. Otherwise it will fill the tournament with extra teams, usually the ones with highest reputation.

yes the above method works I have been doing this for some time I use Yugoslavia  but it is rather clumsy and only works if I have those ''banned'' clubs set to take part in another comp eg an ESL

I find just changing their continental cup nation not enough and they wont be ''banned'' as such  from UEFA this way you have to do the second part too- setting up and registering them to a new comp-

64f73f57bcf0fb37ab7594a74b184d6d.png

There is a simple way for sure I have asked previously with no input received ...AC Milan were banned in 19/20 season in game as IRL but there is nothing I can find club/nation rules/continental rules/edt files that shows how SI did this

7 hours ago, L55DS said:

I don't believe so- I also tested putting Arsenal's Continental Cup nation to Wales and because they don't play in any Welsh competition that could qualify them for Europe, they never do. However there may be some domestic tournaments that select teams based on teams' continental cup nations so to be sure, I'd set it as an extinct nation. 

Hi

I have been using this as a workaround for sometime however it only works as explained above for me and if the club changes are made in a continental rule change file.....if I just did the changes to the clubs only in normal rules it never works out 

I think on tests I have run just making changes in normal rules I may have neglected the registered teams section for UCL/Europa and just ran a first season test I will try again now

22754ee3357d7e1a2443409baf6b46a3.jpg

looks good 

as said I could only get this to work by setting up an ESL too but it looks in file I was using to run tests I had forgot the simple thing of removing registered teams:rolleyes: for first season and so I dont need the ESL at all,

that is an option now do I let the dirty dozen play in the ESL[with hardly any prize money and gets them playing lots more games and therefore impact on league form] or just a straight 'ban' no mid week football and thus allowing them a week to prepare for the EPL think I will continue with ESL as that in my set up is a punishment :D

073b5e506e7e191b9220fca29906781a.jpg

Edited by Roy Race 9

17 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

yes the above method works I have been doing this for some time I use Yugoslavia  but it is rather clumsy and only works if I have those ''banned'' clubs set to take part in another comp eg an ESL

I find just changing their continental cup nation not enough and they wont be ''banned'' as such  from UEFA this way you have to do the second part too- setting up and registering them to a new comp-

64f73f57bcf0fb37ab7594a74b184d6d.png

There is a simple way for sure I have asked previously with no input received ...AC Milan were banned in 19/20 season in game as IRL but there is nothing I can find club/nation rules/continental rules/edt files that shows how SI did this

I think AC Milan was done hardcoded.