Recently Purchased Championship Manager 3

Hi i have just re-bought the above game, which made me fall in love with the series from a young age. However when installing it, it says that it is not supported on Windows NT. I am not a tech person so have no idea what this means.

I found an old thread on here from 2014 it looks like, i have tried to follow the steps yet seem to get no where.

Any help would be great

thanks

Was there a CM 3?- was it not CM03/04?

Anyway- you need to try to run it with a compatible OS from that time.  Make sure that you have the latest DirectX and that Java is installed as they were both required, from memory

hey, yeah CM 3 was the 97/98 season I believe. I didnt have java, so ill download this now see if that changes anything. I have directx 12 installed, however i believe the compatibility the game says i need is directx 3. No idea?

Ill see if the java helps

thanks

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

Was there a CM 3?- was it not CM03/04?

Anyway- you need to try to run it with a compatible OS from that time.  Make sure that you have the latest DirectX and that Java is installed as they were both required, from memory

Course there was :kriss:

Was released towards the middle of the 1998/99 season iirc

57 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

and it was GLORIOUS!

When drifting off down memory lane, all you need to remember to sober up is that there might well be members on this forum who not only were born after it was released but who have also had a child of their own. #justsaying

:kriss:

51 minutes ago, Mons said:

When drifting off down memory lane, all you need to remember to sober up is that there might well be members on this forum who not only were born after it was released but who have also had a child of their own. #justsaying

:kriss:

Meh. I remember Finding CM2 back in the day. I forget it was over 25 Years ago then all of a Sudden, reality hits that MY kids are the same age I was back then :ackter:

Edited by KillYourIdols

I have every CM/FM going back to the original CM2, but depending on the version many of them no longer run on modern systems - I know FM06 doesn't run from CD due to outdated copy protection, for example, and I think a lot of the physical disc copies have similar issues.

For an old-school fix 01/02 is available as freeware to download - not without its own bugs, sadly, but it'll play without needing any disc. I don't know if a direct link is allowed, but it should show up easily enough if you search for it.