What does focus Play Down Left/Right and Both flanks affect under the Hood?

I am in the middle of trying to emulate the Arsenal 'Invincibles' of 2003/204 and have just completed my first season. Things are coming together well. Chance creation is weighted towards through balls, the defence is tight and  the roles and duties seem to be reproducing the type of football I want to see.

However, the focus of my play seems to be down the right hand side, with the majority of key passes and assists coming from this area, rather than the left side as I would prefer,  despite having a Wide PM in the LM position. I know that Team instruction alone will not solve this but before I make any major changes to roles and duties I would like to know if anybody could describe the full effect of focusing the play down the left. I am aware that in previous titles this modified the mentality of left sided players in the FB and WB position but would like to know whether:

1) This is still the case?

2) Applying the modifier has any other known effects. Eg: Having CM/DM dwell on the ball longer, more direct passes from wide defenders etc.?

If I had the time to add the modifier and run multiple games on Full Highlight mode I would, but this is not viable due to time constraints. Just looking for some quick info.

Thanks in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.

My understanding is that this year it has changed. Now you players will look to build up more in that area. Passes will be focused there players will move into that side. It’s how I make overloads tbh! And it works well for me. It could well be the key your looking for. With all things test it. Add it in and see if it gives you what you want. I always find that best practice 

9 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

My understanding is that this year it has changed. Now you players will look to build up more in that area. Passes will be focused there players will move into that side. It’s how I make overloads tbh! And it works well for me. It could well be the key your looking for. With all things test it. Add it in and see if it gives you what you want. I always find that best practice 

1 minute ago, Experienced Defender said:

Agreed with @SixPointer - the focus play TIs now really work as they are supposed to :thup:

Just to add - the instruction does not increase the mentality of any player anymore. 

Thank you both. Will give it a go for 10 games and see what transpires.

Has anyone checked if this is right:

Untitled.png.ea3fe368a1967c8a5800fb220975a71f.png

As you can see, 1:10 into the game

We've only had one attack & it was from my right winger putting in a cross, from that it looks like it was from the left, are they swapped around by any chance?

@Experienced Defender@SixPointer

Just to let you both know: Focus play down left did not make any substantial change to pass and chance distribution. After further testing, turns out that it was the duty of my LB that was having a substantial impact on the focus of play. I had been running him on CWB support but have now changed him to FB attack. In hindsight it seems obvious, with the support duty and more creative freedom he was playing less direct than I had requested and due to the Balanced mentality I employ this resulted in far more sideway passes across the defensive line than than there were down the flank to my WP or wide drifting AF. As always, one role and duty within a multitude of TI and PI's can dramatically alter a teams style of play. 

All seems good now; WP on left performing v.similar to Pires and the Right side of the pitch is operating as the shadow-feint/move ender that I require.

Thanks again for the advice though.

23 minutes ago, toshimitzou1 said:

@Experienced Defender@SixPointer

Just to let you both know: Focus play down left did not make any substantial change to pass and chance distribution. After further testing, turns out that it was the duty of my LB that was having a substantial impact on the focus of play. I had been running him on CWB support but have now changed him to FB attack. In hindsight it seems obvious, with the support duty and more creative freedom he was playing less direct than I had requested and due to the Balanced mentality I employ this resulted in far more sideway passes across the defensive line than than there were down the flank to my WP or wide drifting AF. As always, one role and duty within a multitude of TI and PI's can dramatically alter a teams style of play. 

All seems good now; WP on left performing v.similar to Pires and the Right side of the pitch is operating as the shadow-feint/move ender that I require.

Thanks again for the advice though.

Glad you have got what you want from it! The beauty of the game and football is there  isn’t a right or wrong way to do it! Hence why I always say try it and see what works out! Example being 

I personally find focus play and support duties on that side help with my patient build up before switching to the attacking side. But am not trying to replicate arsenal. Just purely using it for overloading. I have WB(s) RPM(s) and a DLF(s) all on that side of the pitch so with my roles duties and focus play I get my nice patient build up on that side and drag the opponent there. 

what works for my style may not suit yours. Main thing is your now happy 👍🏻