Help on 433

Guys, I really like high-pressure football, but I also like to use the 433. I would like to know how I can get the most out of the instructions and to exert effective pressure, since I only have one striker

image.png.15518440540e5fb33dd86c56365c5730.png

My initial idea was to compact the lines (not so high), so I can get help from MCs in the most advanced parts of the field. I'm also using tight marking on players who act in front of defenders to cut the pass line

image.png.b416eff7161f88cccb8ecbb98b1ab313.png

Is that the most I can do to use a high pressure style in this tactic? Or would I be forced to use a tactic with more players ahead?

You mean the way Liverpool press right, your front players need to press strategically instead of going berserk, hoping it will succeed. I do not know how useful your initial tactic is, though, but I think instead of AF, you may use something like PF(A) duty to press the center-back. Increase the pressing intensity of midfielders. Maybe setting wide defensive width will force them to play inside; the center midfielders will be a little more aggressive than the opposition midfielders. Showing the center backs to their weaker foot will help too. But, I think you need to consider the formation you are going to come up against and where you like to win the ball or set pressing traps. I think it is useful in a 4-1-4-1 formation to use the lone striker as a support role to create overload and help with pressing. 

16 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Guys, I really like high-pressure football, but I also like to use the 433

Whichever style of football you want to play and/or whichever formation you want to use, the first thing you need to do is make sure that your setup of roles and duties is:

A) well-balanced;

B) suited to your intended playing style

Having said that, potential flaws in your setup are:

- insufficient defensive cover/protection for the (very) attacking fullback role on the right. Related suggestion: switch the BBM to a covering role (BWM on support or carrilero)

- potential space competition up front due to the similarity in role types of your lone striker (AF) and AML (IF on attack duty). Related suggestion: switch the AF into a more of a creator role (DLF, CF or TQ)

The question now remains of what specific style of football you want to play besides the high pressing as part of it? Because high-pressing styles can be both possession-oriented and based on faster attacking play. 

15 horas atrás, raktim0699 disse:

You mean the way Liverpool press right, your front players need to press strategically instead of going berserk, hoping it will succeed. I do not know how useful your initial tactic is, though, but I think instead of AF, you may use something like PF(A) duty to press the center-back. Increase the pressing intensity of midfielders. Maybe setting wide defensive width will force them to play inside; the center midfielders will be a little more aggressive than the opposition midfielders. Showing the center backs to their weaker foot will help too. But, I think you need to consider the formation you are going to come up against and where you like to win the ball or set pressing traps. I think it is useful in a 4-1-4-1 formation to use the lone striker as a support role to create overload and help with pressing. 

Your tips are very useful and make a lot of sense. I changed the task of my lone attacker to a collaborative role, which would be PF (SU).  I'm also thinking of adding some other pressure if the opposing team uses DM or MC

41 minutos atrás, Experienced Defender disse:

Whichever style of football you want to play and/or whichever formation you want to use, the first thing you need to do is make sure that your setup of roles and duties is:

A) well-balanced;

B) suited to your intended playing style

Having said that, potential flaws in your setup are:

- insufficient defensive cover/protection for the (very) attacking fullback role on the right. Related suggestion: switch the BBM to a covering role (BWM on support or carrilero)

- potential space competition up front due to the similarity in role types of your lone striker (AF) and AML (IF on attack duty). Related suggestion: switch the AF into a more of a creator role (DLF, CF or TQ)

The question now remains of what specific style of football you want to play besides the high pressing as part of it? Because high-pressing styles can be both possession-oriented and based on faster attacking play. 

Thanks for the feedback.
You are absolutely right, in addition to the problem mentioned by you, I was realizing that AF was very isolated, completely removed from the rest of the players, change is essential here

In relation to the coverage on the right side, I'm thinking of making a change in the WB itself. Changing the function to support and activating overlap on the right, I believe it will not be so aggressive. Although B2B coverage is less "effective" I believe that my player has the ability to do it, if I realize that I am suffering on this side I will switch to BWM

Well, I do not intend to have a style of possession, I want to recover the ball away from dangerous areas and progress vertically, not directly but with short passes. I have only 2 players who will play risky, my AP and my IF, one on each side to balance the attacking actions

6 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Could someone, please, explain a little bit, how to identify roles, that are providing a cover? Avoiding advice "whatch the game", because i can identify difference between roles, only when i already know what pay attention for. Thanks:)

28 minutes ago, woland said:

Could someone, please, explain a little bit, how to identify roles, that are providing a cover? Avoiding advice "whatch the game", because i can identify difference between roles, only when i already know what pay attention for. Thanks:)

Look at the hard-coded PIs attached to the role/duty. Cover folks will be less mobile... so certainly don't want 'roam from position', but 'hold position' is not absolutely necessary (depending on the context). Similarly, roles that 'get further forward' won't provide cover (and will, depending on location, need coverage for this fact)

They may not be a perfect way to do it all, but should help out

11 hours ago, woland said:

Could someone, please, explain a little bit, how to identify roles, that are providing a cover?

Two types of midfield roles can provide defensive cover (usually for attack-minded fullbacks or wing-backs). These 2 types are holding and covering midfield roles. Holding roles are all that are hard-coded to hold position. In central midfield, these are: CM on defend, BWM on defend and DLP on both duties. Covering roles are not hard-coded to hold position, but are sufficiently defensive-minded to be capable of providing defensive cover. These are carrilero and BWM on support.

2 horas atrás, Experienced Defender disse:

Two types of midfield roles can provide defensive cover (usually for attack-minded fullbacks or wing-backs). These 2 types are holding and covering midfield roles. Holding roles are all that are hard-coded to hold position. In central midfield, these are: CM on defend, BWM on defend and DLP on both duties. Covering roles are not hard-coded to hold position, but are sufficiently defensive-minded to be capable of providing defensive cover. These are carrilero and BWM on support.

I changed the role of DLP to Anchor Man, I believe that with him I can have more freedom with the central players