Does a higher PA effect performance and ability?

What I mean is, if there are two players, completely identical and let's say 130 CA, and the same attributes for each one, however one player 1 has 190 PA where as player 2 has 130 PA, would this effect performances? 

Because I feel a player with higher potential should be able to play better then a player with less potential. Not consistently, but perhaps in flashes and moments, as I feel that is more realistic.

That is after all, partly how we gauge potential in players in real life. We see in them moments where they are playing at a level above themselves, and wonder if they can get to that level consistently

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

As was s aid above. the player performance is based on his CA and spread of attributes, so PA has no link to performance

That's a shame. I feel a high PA should have some level of influence over the current CA

48 minutes ago, trevjim said:

That's a shame. I feel a high PA should have some level of influence over the current CA

Potential is ability that you don't have (yet) so how or why should you be able to show something you don't have?

10 hours ago, trevjim said:

Because I feel a player with higher potential should be able to play better then a player with less potential. Not consistently, but perhaps in flashes and moments, as I feel that is more realistic.

Scouts IRL and in FM use age and ability for their age as big indicators of possible potential. So two 18yo players of different current abilities, will be deemed to have different potential abilities as the better player (currently) is 'showing' more potential.

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Potential is ability that you don't have (yet) so how or why should you be able to show something you don't have?

Because a player needs to be able to show that potential. How do they do that? In part, by playing above themselves at times. Look at Rashford. Was a decent youngster but had times, sometimes a whole game, sometimes just a moment, where he played at the level he is today. As he got older, he has grown into that potential he showed. The point is though, he showed that potential at a young age. In FM, if PA is simply room for attributes to unlock, that's not then allowing players to show their potential as it's locked away

3 hours ago, trevjim said:

Because a player needs to be able to show that potential. How do they do that? In part, by playing above themselves at times. Look at Rashford. Was a decent youngster but had times, sometimes a whole game, sometimes just a moment, where he played at the level he is today. As he got older, he has grown into that potential he showed. The point is though, he showed that potential at a young age. In FM, if PA is simply room for attributes to unlock, that's not then allowing players to show their potential as it's locked away

He showed his ability and that IT was special for someone that young. You could make a case that Consistency should be more volatile, maybe even specifically in the case of a younger player.