Can I Tell My Director of Football What Kind of Players to Sign?

So I assigned my DOF to sign players for my u-18 & u -20 team since evidently I don't pay enough attention to them (I still negotiate the contract & confirm the players he wanted to sign, though)
But I just noticed that he tried to sign players from Non EU when I only have 2 slots for Serie A players. Can I tell him to just sign EU players instead?

12 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I get what you're saying, but no we don't lol. Its really annoying that FM made this part of the American language pack. We call General Managers of franchises that, but no American I know calls a DoF a GM. 

Don't they do the same job? Strategy, recruitment, contracts and squad management? 

Edited by freddieos

7 hours ago, freddieos said:

Don't they do the same job? Strategy, recruitment, contracts and squad management? 

Yes, the GM of a team like the Lakers is similar in some respects to a Director of Basketball. But in America, people don’t call the Director of Football at a football club a General Manager, we just refer to them as Directors of Football. As a matter of fact, I don’t think any MLS franchise even has a GM in real life, but the other big four in america do.