A constructive forum for a patch/hotfix pre January

How am I meant to be constructive asking for a patch when I can't actually ask for one.

Ok, here goes. We need something that can help us enjoy the game to the max before we get the new data in January. There is this thing called a hotfix, we need one of those.

The problems are slow processing with a powerful processor (Quad2Core), Teams losing finance for no reason (LA Galaxy), Takeovers seeming to take forever (More than 1 season), the inability to use the editor correctly as something always fails to save. there are many more problems. this is a constructive forum to say what we need to be fixed. Not DATA. We need this before the expected date. You have methods of doing this, of making it possible. I'm sure more than one member would happily upload it if SI is unable to find the time. This is simple customer service, the customer wants some action now, not later.

BTW this for Gillsman - Talk to your colleague and show him how I never insult ppl. Not my nature. I just want to keep ppl happy, something which surely should be the number 1 concern of mods and SI alike.

I would even like a patch progress sticky thread up the top of the forum off SI games telling us what is going on, it would stop all of these threads starting.

Here is a example from Wolverine Studios, game Music Wars Rebirth

Antuan Johnson user_offline.gif

Wolverine Studios

icon1.gifDevelopment

Fixed: Bio Generator Bug that reported incorrect sales

Fixed: Chart problem that showed the wrong profiles for greatest hits records

Improved: loading time for calculating award nominees

Fixed: 'Next Event' date problem in the awards screen

Requested: You can now scan the folder for act images in the editor

Requested: You can now import databases with the editor

Fixed: Bugs with the random event editor

Fixed: Opener Bug that caused game crashes when loading

Fixed: Bug from using the discs editor that retired records early

Requested: You can now terminate contracts

Improved: Loading for calculating award nominees

Fixed: Incorrect ordering for setlists and Interactive Mode

Fixed: Discrepancies with audiences for festivals

thats all we need.

That's a bit more like it... There's another thread started pretty much at the same time, maybe the two should be merged. I definitely expect there to be another patch before January but there are reasons why patches can't be rolled out every few days (as I explained in the other thread).

I totally agree.

If we have to wait until January every year before the game is playable, what's the point of buying it when it's released.

Yes, that's a good idea. We need something, as was raised in the previous posts. Why do we have to comply to timelines? things change and action is required, this is one such example.

Not surprised another thread was opened. As I am trying to say, people are getting annoyed with these issues and the response (judging from 2 closed threads) is that we are being ignored. One hotfix would sort this out.

Everytime you open a post all you see is problems and then you realise you have similar/same issues. Then you get some smartalec come out with "for me, all is well", gets very annoying as selfishness is not a great quality.

I think if the processor slowing up issue has been fixed then it should be sent to us as a hotfix so that we can get our games to work better.

match engine needs looking at. To many long range goals by defenders(this is most annoying) and midfielders. Imo if you tweak this the striker problem(low rating and rarely score) might fix itself. Setting up match really annoys me. I play 2d classic and it still takes 10/15 seconds to set up ,WHAT FOR ,it never used toin 08. The cup draws obviously need looking at (especially Champions League) i havent noticed the cup draw against your geographical rivals yet but im reading this alot. Transfers need looking especially at the start of the game (example being, luis garcia espanyol, listed for £3millin WTF hes one of their best players and spain int.) Also the top sides run away with the league dropping to few points, (how are we ment to compete with the top four getting 85pts+ a peice a seasonand the winners getting 100) when last year IRL 87pts won the prem. Ive missed loads of other things but this is how badly a patch is needed. SI obviously wont say it will be on x date but i hope they bring one out before january because not everyone wants the transfer update after the transfer window.

Everytime you open a post all you see is problems and then you realise you have similar/same issues. Then you get some smartalec come out with "for me, all is well", gets very annoying as selfishness is not a great quality.

agreed people posting that wrecks me

Yes, I am not requesting a Data update. I am asking for whichever problem has been fixed to be sent to us via a patch/hotfix. Concerning the total points in league, look at Hull irl, they are not doing that badly yet in the game its near on impossible to recreate. I understand the top guys being top but there should be some form of possibility.

Yes, I am not requesting a Data update. I am asking for whichever problem has been fixed to be sent to us via a patch/hotfix. Concerning the total points in league, look at Hull irl, they are not doing that badly yet in the game its near on impossible to recreate. I understand the top guys being top but there should be some form of possibility.

Considering results are based on players, and players abilities are based on attributes, and attributes are data, then yes, you are asking for a data update. :/

Ok Glyn, no data. I can live without it. But the processing speeds must be able t be sorted? Surely that can be done before Jan. It has been said here that some ppl dont want the January transfer details so waiting till then could be an issue. At least it would help the enjoyment of the game to have a hotfix fix some of the problems.

But the processing speeds must be able t be sorted? Surely that can be done before Jan.

I don't know that it can be sorted before Jan and neither do you. It only seems to be affecting a minority, so you need to be able to reproduce the problem to find out what is causing it, because if you don't know that you can't cure it. January or no January.

Have you provided good, clear system specs and other software running at the same time (if applicable) to enable SI to try and work out exactly why the problem is happening?

But the processing speeds must be able t be sorted?

Running FM09 on a 1 year old Sony Vaio, a macbook pro and a minimac and have no issues with processing speeds.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of people playing the only people who say it is slow in processing are those who have a low spec, there is nothing to sort for this.

When will you realise that YOUR demands/issues are NOT everyones demands therefore you will NOT get a patch when you want.

SI will make the 2nd patch to capture ALL bugs which is not yet.

Please stop demanding a patch.

For all your issues please log a constructive and informative post with proof in the bugs forum like everyone else and leave this GQ forum alone.

I don't know that it can be sorted before Jan and neither do you. It only seems to be affecting a minority, so you need to be able to reproduce the problem to find out what is causing it, because if you don't know that you can't cure it. January or no January.

Have you provided good, clear system specs and other software running at the same time (if applicable) to enable SI to try and work out exactly why the problem is happening?

Beat me to it.....

I had one thread closed thanks to homerjnick who seems to think everything is hunky dorey and we should just put up and shut up.

There are bugs and some can be sorted, some cant and some have already been. So why cant we just receive a hotfix with those bugs that have been fixed and problem sorted until January or whenever the main patches get released. Many other games offer this facility why does FM have to be left behind? with so mch more info these days starting a game is a mission and you dont just want to leave it and start again. So if we have a hotfix/patch now then ppl can decide if they want to modify or not, when the main patch is released. Its a simple case of good customer service. Pure and Simple.

So why cant we just receive a hotfix with those bugs that have been fixed and problem sorted until January or whenever the main patches get released.

You don't get it do you?

You do NOT understand the patch process.

Even a patch to fix ONE issue can have a knock on effect in all OTHER areas and needs a lot of testing hence it is not viable to release a small patch because it would take a lot of testing , release it and then they would have to do it again for other issues.

Common sense and a good business model is the way SI currently do it, pleasem you are showing yourself as someone who has no knowledge of how SI work.

Please, you will get your patch, next year sometime but if YOU really want to help, post all your bugs in the bugs forum.

So why cant we just receive a hotfix with those bugs that have been fixed and problem sorted until January or whenever the main patches get released.

I ask again:

I had one thread closed thanks to homerjnick who seems to think everything is hunky dorey and we should just put up and shut up.

Again you show your immaturity and inability to read.

Nowhere have I said the game is "hunky dorey".

It is playable by far the majority of gamers, if there were severe issues there would be a lot more people posting, much like the patch with Tiger issues recently.

The game has bugs, fact. The game is very playable, fact.

Bugs will be ironed out in a final patch, that will take time to fix, test then release.

• SI Staff

Please stop opening patch related threads. When we have an update on the status then we will post it.

If you have any issues with the game then please open a post about it in the relevant section of the bugs forum.

Archived