Players unhappy at amount of extra training

I had been hoping to find the answer to this in the videos by @Rashidi, but I have yet to come across it.

When handling the training for players, specifically the younger players, when the training report says something like 'X', 'Y' and 'Z' are unhappy with the amount of extra training they have been asked to do, do you remove the extra training or leave the training as it is and see if they just "get on with it"?

Edited by EnigMattic1

As far as I know/remember from his videos, Rashidi does not give a damn if a player is unhappy about the amount of training and such a lazy player only risks being punished by getting an even greater amount of training so that he would learn his lesson :brock: :D 

This principle does not apply only if a player's individual training load is already labelled as "heavy".

In any case, @Rashidi can correct me if I missed something :thup: 

P.S: All this does not mean that you must follow either Rashidi's or anyone else's approach, because different people do things in different ways, and there is no universal recipe. I personally never do things I don't feel comfortable enough about, whether it's about training, tactic or whatever. 

If a player doesn't have the minimum Professionalism not to complain about a Heavy training load, they're not going to make it. I either mentor them quickly or get rid of them. Obviously I'm not saying Heavy training is suitable in all cases, but youth players generally play one freaking game per week: they shouldn't be complaining about it. And if they do, then they don't have the right mentality to develop into the best player they can be.

To be honest, FM gets a lot easier when you stop putting up with player's nonsense. When you stop using the (broken) promise module, when you stop talking to them about their poor behaviour and issue fines instead, or when you tell them to shove it when they have a transfer request as you'll judge if they're leaving or not... Real life players aren't particularly reasonable, and FM players are even worse since they have no memory, no awareness at all, and therefore no logic whatsoever. SI can add as many Dynamics module or body language gestures, the reality is that FM is easier if you act like a caricature of Sir Alex Ferguson: yell at them when you're unhappy, direct them towards the highway if they can't follow the rules, praise them only when they actually deserve it. And they better enjoy training because they're going to see a lot of it. Mentor them so that they'll enjoy it. :D

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

As far as I know/remember from his videos, Rashidi does not give a damn if a player is unhappy about the amount of training and such a lazy player only risks being punished by getting an even greater amount of training so that he would learn his lesson :brock: :D 

This principle does not apply only if a player's individual training load is already labelled as "heavy".

In any case, @Rashidi can correct me if I missed something :thup: 

P.S: All this does not mean that you must follow either Rashidi's or anyone else's approach, because different people do things in different ways, and there is no universal recipe. I personally never do things I don't feel comfortable enough about, whether it's about training, tactic or whatever. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. I am not trying to play Rashidi's way exactly, more trying to adapt what I have been doing based on the advice he gives in his videos. It was just starting to bug me when I have a player coming mplaining because I have asked him to train as a complete forward (for the greater attribute spread) and he doesn't like the extra work.

I have been watching a lot of his videos recently and, I must admit, I am looking at the game in a totally different way now.