Best DM/HB in game?

V3ntricity

i just finished my second seeason and i really need to get a good player to play Half Back or DM. I can probably raise up to 50m punds if needed. But I don't really want a player that will cost too much in wages.  I just missed Tousart, which seems to have fit nicely.  I'm thinking about Kohr, but he is lacking technicals to my taste, he is just about not good enough.

Fernando luis is gone, and Ndidi is too expensive maybe?

Do you have any tips?

What is your favourite player in this position, regardless of club and transfer fee?

Edited by V3ntricity

Ibou Sissoko from Strasbourg - he is no superstar and is cheap, but he was my starter at HB and BWM for 3.5-4 seasons at Brighton from 2020 to 2024. Imposing with excellent physicals and solid mentals, good set piece defender and corner attacker, but if you have 50m and are looking at those guys you are maybe a top team already, in which case he's likely not good enough for your side :-)

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

Ibou Sissoko from Strasbourg - he is no superstar and is cheap, but he was my starter at HB and BWM for 3.5-4 seasons at Brighton from 2020 to 2024. Imposing with excellent physicals and solid mentals, good set piece defender and corner attacker, but if you have 50m and are looking at those guys you are maybe a top team already, in which case he's likely not good enough for your side :-)

He didn't perform for me in my Strasbourg save but I am glad he performed for you. I did play him in his best position.

image.thumb.png.42b42f1edf84ff1f9046af8bf2b654d4.png

image.thumb.png.324d44e7593d471c3db74915a4118c4e.png

Oh sure - he's no world beater (that's why I reckon the OP is looking for 4/5 star instead of 3 and my suggestion is not the greatest, ha) but really did do a job for me in the HB/CM(d)/BWM role. Like back in the day when Fergie had Ji-Sung Park and he played him in all the big matches, despite him not necessarily being one of his best 11.

As you can see in 2022 (not on game laptop so found this old screenshot) he's developed a bit but - but no much - really does max out as a 3/5):

image.thumb.png.d9bc255b8dd10621c2b0fb329c77a0b4.png

Edited by CaptCanuck