Is there a way to increase work rate/team work?

Work Rate is easy to increse - every time a player plays below 6.4 rating you get the option to warn or fine him for a poor performance. Sometimes the player will complain, but sometimes he accepts the warning/fine and increases his Work Rate by 1 and sometimes his Determination as well. This is the best way to increase Work Rate. Bear in mind that warnings work best, if you fine a player you risk the entire team to revolt. But warning stops working after the player reaches 15 or 16 Work Rate and Determination, so to take it further you have to risk with fines. Tbh though if you manage to get a player to about 15 Work Rate it will be enough so maybe don't risk it. The option is called something like "Discipline player after last match" and it appears under the interaction tab when a player has below 6.4 rating after the game.

Team Work is way harder to increase. AFIK, you can only do it by training and it's really slow. So if a player doesn't have high Team Work by default you'll just have to accept it. 

Hope this helps. 

Team work, I think, can be boosted slightly by holding 'Match Review' sessions after a game. Add them in the training calendar. Not sure how big a difference it can make though. Also I think it helps speed up the building of player partnerships.

10 hours ago, Impacto said:

sometimes he accepts the warning/fine and increases his Work Rate by 1 and sometimes his Determination as well

How often does that happen to you? I fine my players almost every time when they get 6.4 or below, the most I ever get out of that is that sometimes I get a message that the player's attitude has improved as a result of disciplinary measures, but no increase in determination or work rate.

Edited by goranm

12 hours ago, goranm said:

How often does that happen to you? I fine my players almost every time when they get 6.4 or below, the most I ever get out of that is that sometimes I get a message that the player's attitude has improved as a result of disciplinary measures, but no increase in determination or work rate.

About 50% of the time it works and I do it every chance I get. Maybe it's changed for FM 20? I don't really know, I played FM 20 for about a few days and I went back to FM 18. Apologies if it has been changed for the newest game, this feature has been around so long I didn't even considered it as a possibility of being basically removed. 

1 hour ago, Impacto said:

About 50% of the time it works and I do it every chance I get. Maybe it's changed for FM 20? I don't really know, I played FM 20 for about a few days and I went back to FM 18. Apologies if it has been changed for the newest game, this feature has been around so long I didn't even considered it as a possibility of being basically removed. 

Can confirm it still works. I subbed Pedri out when he's at 6.4 rating and gave him a warning, I got a message saying he will try to work motivate himself more for future matches and his work rate increase by 1.

Edited by Aizawa

I don't want to make a new thread, so I'll ask here again. I have 5 star potential prospects that have good stats already in their role but some of their teamwork are 9 or below. Is it possible for their teamwork attribute to increase quicker when they're below 18 or is it just as slow as seniors?

• 1 year later...
Il 3/9/2020 in 12:29 , Impacto ha scritto:

WTF? i found out now, google brought me here in this topic. I've been playing fm for so many years. now I'm playing right at  fm18.

I have always limited myself to warning the players in the locker room and never outside the match.

out of the match I have always based on the performance of the last 5 games: I praise players over 8.00 at least 1 month after the previous praise. there is hardly an opportunity to criticize someone for bad performance in the last 5 games.

Thanks!

also seems to work more on young players. older players with higher influence on the team can totally ignore the warning/fine. in lower leagues there is little danger of player revolts if you are established manager probably wont do it for first tieam in first season though. i warn my U23s and U18s when they perform badly. sometimes they dont even have much potential  but i'm hoping the change in determination might change that.

i have a low teamwork team thought i have developed a lot of partnerships by playing a lot together. have not seen any affect of this on teamwork of the individuals though. personality of the coaches might have something to do with it.