Two things that need to be changed for FM 2021

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but it's really getting on my nerves in a few long term saves now.

Firstly pitch sizes - It's common to see a few teams each season play on a 85x90 pitch, it's square and the ME doesn't know how to process it - we just see teams line up narrowly and refuse to use the width regardless of instructions, while the ME just makes everyone slower to react to anything to stop it becoming a basketball game. There are strict guidelines for UEFA competitions that state this isn't okay, while i've never seen a pitch which is square or crazy long and narrow IRL. I've attached an example of my recent save where I was forced to groundshare for at least a season until my ground is expanded, the sharing team play on a square pitch and now I have no choice but to use that, and I can't tolerate a whole season of this.

Secondly with VAR, nowhere in football do we see refs blow up and decide they are going to use the system to then make up their mind on "was it in the box or not" They give a decision and VAR will overrule if necessary, yet for FM we get the "was it inside or outside the box? the ref is going to have a look" and then we have to sit for 20-30 secs while the same routine is carried out. Either make these skippable or at least let us see a blown up replay of the incident, but also it needs to represent actual VAR and not what is currently offered.

square pitch.GIF

• 1 month later...

There is a workaround for this if you have the in-game editor (you can use the pre-game editor but it would require a new savegame), and edit the relevant competition details to have more sensible minimum and maximum pitch sizes. I encountered this issue in a save in the Argentine 2nd division and can share your frustration at the ridiculous pitch sizes the AI tend to use.

Agora, Unknown Hacker disse:

Why not? To be honest I quite like it - feels more realistic - but I understand it can be annoying sometimes.

In real life, ppl are trying to cut all the errors, so the ppl adding errors on game is the wrong way.

Thats why you dont simulates corruptions on football and chairmans going to jail, the players paying back to managers to be signed and all that stuff that is on real life football, it is what ruins the sport, you dont add that.

The only reason VAR exists in real life is because you cant virtually remove all the errors, but if it was possible, VAR wouldnt exist.

2 minutes ago, thiagoanjo said:

In real life, ppl are trying to cut all the errors, so the ppl adding errors on game is the wrong way.

Thats why you dont simulates corruptions on football and chairmans going to jail, the players paying back to managers to be signed and all that stuff that is on real life football, it is what ruins the sport, you dont add that.

The only reason VAR exists in real life is because you cant virtually remove all the errors, but if it was possible, VAR wouldnt exist.

I think there's a difference between the things that you mentioned (which are off the pitch and harmful to the game's reputation) and referee errors (which are just part of the game and don't harm the game's reputation that much if at all).

Since they'll never be cut out of football FM has to simulate them to be a true simulation.

Anyway I just wanted to hear your opinion, so cheers for that.

13 minutos atrás, Unknown Hacker disse:

I think there's a difference between the things that you mentioned (which are off the pitch and harmful to the game's reputation) and referee errors (which are just part of the game and don't harm the game's reputation that much if at all).

Since they'll never be cut out of football FM has to simulate them to be a true simulation.

Anyway I just wanted to hear your opinion, so cheers for that.

I dont think ref mistakes are part of the game, it happens during the game. But it shouldnt happen.

My concern is how you make an error happen on the game? How you choose to harm a team on purpose? You just make an offside goal be valid? You sent off a player that doesnt deserves just to make it "real"?

I dont know how they can program the game to make "errors" and keep it fun/real and not artificially trash

• 4 months later...