Players asking for insane wages

Playing as Liverpool in 2028, constantly struggling with crazy salary demands from players. I've had to let go a lot of players because I refused to satisfy their demands.

Pretty much all club icons/legends were sold or released on a free which sucked. And they all went on to agree to a lower salary than they wanted from me.

I have by far the biggest wage expenditure in the league and probably the world (can't find the screen right now). My 2 highest paid players currently earn £400k per week which already irks me. But now I have 2 players entering the final year of their contracts:

Trent - currently on 350k, asking for 650k!

Regen LW - currently on 72k, asking for 420k! - will have to sell him.

These demands are absolutely insane. On top of that they want 60-100k for each appearance, cleen sheet and a goal.

What do I do to lower their thirst for money?

There used to be a conversation to ask to reduce wage demands but it's not in FM20.

10 minutes ago, Fancy Gaffot said:

I have by far the biggest wage expenditure in the league and probably the world

Wouldn't this alone be why they all want bigger salaries? More wants more and such.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2020 at 14:51, IbrahimAliMaher said:

Have you tried delegating contract renewals? DoF etc may have more success in squishing down ridiculous demands.

It works very well but then it's yet another part of the game I have to let AI run which isn't fun for me.

I love to do contract negotiations but hate how they work. Relegating them to DOF is so much cheaper for my club but I then he offers them shorter contracts or adds a yearly 5% wage rise.

Here's my starting LB and I ordered my DOF to extend his contract. Here's a contract offer which is great for me, it's slightly cheaper than his current contract though he's at his peak.

https://i.imgur.com/eXsDRy3.png

Let's try to change the offer and increase his wage by 5k per week.

https://i.imgur.com/9GYPdB3.png

Suggest terms aaaand....

https://i.imgur.com/Udr1HkV.png

He suddenly wants more improvements just because it's me negotiating and not my DOF. What the f?

9 hours ago, Fancy Gaffot said:

He suddenly wants more improvements just because it's me negotiating and not my DOF. What the f?

Maybe it's because he has a more personal relationship with you, or the DoF is more intimidating?

There has to be SOME use for DoF anyway, as otherwise they're fairly useless!

wait a moment @Fancy Gaffot, if I understand this correctly the 1st offer is just what your DOF suggests, the offer hasn't been accepted yet.  So, the player might still have asked for the changes in your 3rd screenshot.  Could you go back to an earlier save and try the DOF to suggest the contract again, not make any changes and then see what the player wants?  Or have I misunderstood this?

5 hours ago, Andros said:

wait a moment @Fancy Gaffot, if I understand this correctly the 1st offer is just what your DOF suggests, the offer hasn't been accepted yet.  So, the player might still have asked for the changes in your 3rd screenshot.  Could you go back to an earlier save and try the DOF to suggest the contract again, not make any changes and then see what the player wants?  Or have I misunderstood this?

When you delegate the negotiations they are immediate. Once you click the button the game calculates the offer and then in a few days the contract is officially signed. During these days you can either withdraw the offer or change it (or use the latter option to preview what the contract offer was). 

In my opening post I mentioned how Trent wanted to go from 350k to 650k, but my DOF managed to extend his contract for 2 years with a 375k wage. Now this contract is expiring in 11 months and he wants 675k so I'll have to let my dof handle another renewal. 

Same here... I'm trying to renew with one of my youngsters, his current contract is 17k/w now he wants 170k... And he's far from being a starter, wages in this game are simply ridiculous!