Work Permit post-Brexit issues

I'm a bit curious about how the Brexit Work Permits are actually applied (and wondered if I found a bug?). When I was in Vanarama Leagues Brexit rules came into play. Basically work permits would be needed for all future contracts and Ireland was also foreign. It was this (which still exists in my game in 2022)

image.thumb.png.3f835fa6e48b8308ee08d945d121c946.png

However, I got hired by Preston (though noticed with my League Two/One team as well) in Championship, I have no issues signing foreign players. I just hired an Italian that definitely doesn't satisfy any of those permit rules. I was surprised. And I examined the rules for Championship and they only describe the Brexit rules, but none of the work permit requirements:

image.thumb.png.247d80ebd861d6110d8552a3c4504df0.png

This pic is common for the entire EFL as well as EPL. Is it possible for only the lowest leagues to actually get this arrangement, or is there some sort of issue and my game may have buggered up?

If you're using the default database then I think it's a bug. That happened to me while I was editing the chances of brexit happening but wasn't sure if it was a bug since I could've messed something using the editor. If I'm right not even the prem league needs work permit for foreign players, even if you filter the scout to find players that needs permit and sign them all.

It is the default database (I did add real league names, but I did that only recently).

I'm not overly concerned as I'm in England and it's as though Brexit just had "only semi-pro teams are screwed" type of situation haha. If you had it happen too I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sneaky bug lying around.

Thanks!

Edited by alanschu14

Hi Alanschu 14.

I'm having the same issue. It's been reported on the bugs forum. Another poster has uploaded their file to assist and I will do that as well if it will help SI.

I was wondering if this issue affects all game players or just some?

I was promoted from League 1 to Championship in the first season and had signed a few Europeans in the Summer. To plan for Brexit, I added in optional contract extensions in their contracts and exercised these shortly before Brexit.

I don't know if there are any plans to release an update to resolve it or if there is anything I can do to progress my save (which I was really into and enjoying). I'm going to hold off for a few days anyway as if there is an update to resolve it will probably be save game compatible. But I don't want to start a new save in case I get the same issue again.

I'm using default database as well - no updates or downloads other than SI official updates,

Did you progress your save anyway?

@JordanMillward_1Thanks for your reply. I must say its a little deflating to hear that. I assume its an issue which doesn't affect everyone? Do you think the same issue is likely to affect a new save if I begin one?

I've uploaded my save to SI Cloud but it sounds like my FM20 experience is ultimately going to be one of disappointment.

I have noticed this in FM19 too. Starting as a LLM I didn't really have any issues with this anyway as I could only scout within the EU, but as I've progressed up the ranks I've had no issues with signing EU players despite selecting the 'hard Brexit' option at the start of the game.

My scouts often tell me that the player will fail to get a work permit, but when it's put into practice I haven't had a single move blocked. FYI the UK left the EU in summer 2021 on my game and it's now Jan 2024.

Edited by IbrahimAliMaher