[Public Beta] Any updates for public beta

Just now, wuzerenpeter said:

Are we gonna get any updates in the public beta or is the 20.3 patch the only update we will be getting?

Nobody can tell you that for sure one way or the other.  If there is one released, you will find out about it in this forum

• Administrators

There currently aren't any plans to update the public beta, but if this changes as always we'll make sure everyone is made aware by posting it here. Work is continuing to happen internally but given the frequency of changes and the time/resources it takes to prepare, test and rollout an updated version we feel this is the best course of action for the time-being. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

There currently aren't any plans to update the public beta, but if this changes as always we'll make sure everyone is made aware by posting it here. Work is continuing to happen internally but given the frequency of changes and the time/resources it takes to prepare, test and rollout an updated version we feel this is the best course of action for the time-being. 

Thanks. 

But there will be changes from what we see in the beta and the final version of the patch?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the purpose of the beta branch to "live test" the newest changes? In that case some sort of incremental updates before the actual patch would make a lot of sense... right?

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The purpose of the beta was that we felt we had an improved stable version of the match engine which we wanted to give the opportunity for people to try. In doing so we received direct feedback and with this feedback we're continuing to work on the game. As said above given the frequency of changes being made it wouldn't make sense to continually roll out every change if we're not in a position to say it's definitively an improvement on what is already on the public beta branch. Some things are 'works in progress', others haven't had enough internal testing to make that call. 

But yes, the plan is to include those additional changes and improvements in any full update so it's highly unlikely the full update will be the same as what's currently in the public beta. 

Thank you for the reply Neil.

I will ask even though I know I'll probably get no answer: Do you know if the final version of the current beta patch is going to be delivered with the winter update or earlier?

5 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

So we have to wait until March for all the non-Match Engine bugs to be fixed? Some of these were raised when the game was released.

If you read @Neil Brock's post, he didn't say that. What he did say is that the next patch will include the fixes in the beta patch and additional fixes/tweaks that come from the feedback to the beta - he didn't say that the next full patch wouldn't be until March.