FM Touch 2020 - Steam vs Android

Hello there,

I regularly buy the full version of FM every year and get Touch for free, though I have never needed to use it. I am hopefully about to get an Android tablet that is compatible with FMT 2020 and was just wondering if I need to purchase the game again to play, or if my 'free' Steam version will also work on my tablet. Does Steam even exist for Android tablets?

Cheers

Ant

8 hours ago, Antoz7 said:

Hello there,

I regularly buy the full version of FM every year and get Touch for free, though I have never needed to use it. I am hopefully about to get an Android tablet that is compatible with FMT 2020 and was just wondering if I need to purchase the game again to play, or if my 'free' Steam version will also work on my tablet. Does Steam even exist for Android tablets?

Cheers

Ant

You have to purchase the game again. The FMT you get with the full version is for PC only.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Antoz7 said:

Hello there,

Cheers

Ant

They are different stores for the different platforms, it's just how it works I'm afraid.

Well, I think there are ways to stream your Steam library onto tablets or mobiles, so you could play your Steam version that way. However, if you’re wanting to be away from your home network and play anywhere, I’d recommend getting the Android app. It can sync to the Steam version too!

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any significant differences between the Android and the PC version of the game? I have been playing the Touch demo on my laptop to see how it runs (pretty well happily) but would rather play on tablet. Without a demo or trial option for android all I can do is buy the game but seems a bit of a risk in case of slow or leggy performance  (I have a Samsung S5e which is one of the compatible devices).

Cheers if anyone can offer any advice or help!

7 hours ago, Gave29 said:

Are there any significant differences between the Android and the PC version of the game? I have been playing the Touch demo on my laptop to see how it runs (pretty well happily) but would rather play on tablet. Without a demo or trial option for android all I can do is buy the game but seems a bit of a risk in case of slow or leggy performance  (I have a Samsung S5e which is one of the compatible devices).

Cheers if anyone can offer any advice or help!

Well, I can't speak for technical performance as I don't play on Tablet, but the main difference is going to be the 3 nation and 30 season limit on the non PC versions.