Man City 4-4-2 playmaker

Played 12 league games with this tactic after a few dissapointing friendlies with it.

I think i have a pretty strong team, yet bad results such as a 3-2 loss to West Brom and a 4-4 draw to sunderland are annoying,

Im not too impressed by this tactic myself, it doesn't seem to work for my team, i think i may revert to my old tactic where i finished 5th. Im 10th at the moment with only 4 wins from 12 games

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Played 12 league games with this tactic after a few dissapointing friendlies with it.

I think i have a pretty strong team, yet bad results such as a 3-2 loss to West Brom and a 4-4 draw to sunderland are annoying,

Im not too impressed by this tactic myself, it doesn't seem to work for my team, i think i may revert to my old tactic where i finished 5th. Im 10th at the moment with only 4 wins from 12 games

12 games onwards things should be clicking into place. whos the playmaker and have you got a pacy striker?

The Ast Manager complains about a a space between the defence and the midfield. You also got this or do I have the wrong players?

i got this a lot too. ive tried to remedy it but it throws things out of kilter. just ignore it if your still winning

After saying the championship will test my grimsby team, i bolstered my squad during christmas, ending up being a four horse race Grimsby, Leeds & West Ham. I finished 3rd with 92 points, leeds were first on 94 and west ham had 92 points. I won the playoffs and now in the premiership. Succesive promotions from league 2 to Prem. Once again awesome tactic robo. Screenies To Come!!

honestly no, and i'm man city!! win at home, but not away!! oh well, tested it out for ages.

i uesed this tactic exclusively when i won everything with City, there has to be some question marks about you purchases/team selection or how you handle press conferences. Try not to change the MCL and MCR too often.

Im using this with Celta in La Liga and are currently a very creditable 9th, after i have made a profit from transfer sales (first time i have ever made a profit on that!) we were in dire financial trouble but we might have a bit of a kitty for next season as this year we only have 16 players in the squad. Undefeated in 12 games now so an outside chance of the Uefa Cup with 8 games to go.

Currently in the premiership with my Grimsby Team, Obviously my team is lacking seriously in quality in every department due to my rise from league two - Premiership in back to back years. Played my first 11 games and lost 11 in a row. Then won 4 in a row so after 15 games im sat 18th, 3 points from safety. So its going to be a tough year this year, but im sticking with the tactic its got me this far. If i can survive this season then i can bolster the squad next year. But my star players are Pedro Mendes & some random Italian Striker. Other than that i have sam sodje and some regen at centre back. But im hoping to survive this year in the prem and get the 30 mill Tv rights again next year. as im making a profit of 1.4 million a month and have some good youth so the longer i stay in the prem, the more stadium and training and youth facilities, i can get for my grimsby team!

first season in La Liga, finished 6th after winning the last 9 games and got into the UEFA cup on goal difference. Makulukla scored 28 and in soing so became the leading scorer in europe. exculsivly used this tactic and really think CL next season...

So on the left striker spot, are you talking about just a regular target man, such as Cardozo, Berbatov, Yakobu, Heskey? And on the right side just your average pacy/dribbler/finisher ala Robinho/Rossi etc?

Any good pacy strikers (apart from rossi) that would work well for Man City with this tactic?

By the way, in your first post about your squad 2 seasons in you seemed to play Cardozo and Huntelaar in the same team. Aren't they two versions of eachother pretty much? Who played on what side?

I've often played tactics with Palomba and Veloso in the MC positions and both have been great. I'll try maybe Diarra/Veloso on the MFR position and maybe get Palombo/Johnson to try the MFL playmaker roll.

So on the left striker spot, are you talking about just a regular target man, such as Cardozo, Berbatov, Yakobu, Heskey? And on the right side just your average pacy/dribbler/finisher ala Robinho/Rossi etc?

Any good pacy strikers (apart from rossi) that would work well for Man City with this tactic?

By the way, in your first post about your squad 2 seasons in you seemed to play Cardozo and Huntelaar in the same team. Aren't they two versions of eachother pretty much? Who played on what side?

I've often played tactics with Palomba and Veloso in the MC positions and both have been great. I'll try maybe Diarra/Veloso on the MFR position and maybe get Palombo/Johnson to try the MFL playmaker roll.

huntelaar and cardozo are nothing like the same. Cardozo is the nuts at the big guy and huntelaar is a combination of pace and power.

First of Jan 09 now, half way through campaign as Man City with this tactic. Currently sitting 5th in the table, have been bouncing up and down between 1-6th position over the season.

Prem Leag: Played 20, Won 12, drawn 3, lost 5. Scored 37, let in 22

Carling cup: Out in Quarter finals on penalties against a youth filled Arsenal

Uefa cup: Qualified third in my group with Ac Milan, At Madrid, Club Brugge and Dinemo Kiev.

Bought Cardozo, Huntelaar, Srna, Palombo, Diarra, Vela and Sakho at the start of the season.

Palombo is doing very well in the MC playmaker position and has scored 7 in 21 games. Johnson plays well there too.

Diarra doing very well as well in the MC def positions like you all said he would. May get veloso at the end of the season to share the burdon.

Cardozo has been brilliant in the left ST position with 17 goals in 18 games (bare in my 6!!! of those game in one of my Uefa cup games against Loko Sofia).

Huntelaar has been... shockingly bad in the ST right position. In 14 games and 6 subs he has scored 2 goals... Absolutely diabolically bad. - Anything you recommend?

Vela plays much better in the ST right position and has scored 10 in 20 games.

Robinho/Petrov do well and Elano/SWP do well on the sides.

Overall the tactic has been good, I beat chelsea 4-0 and liverpool 3-1, AT madrid 2-1 away and drew vs Arsenal. But have lost against Middlesbrough at home, Portsmouth away, Man Utd at home, Tottenham away and Sunderland away. Most of those defeats have come one after the other it seems. Lose one and I am bound to draw/lose the next. Seems like my two dips in form have coincided with Cardozo being injuried. Jo has done well in that position though as a replacement. With 10 goals in 18 games.

Robhug, is there anything I could be doing more to put away chances or shore up the defense? I follow the assman at the start of the game with OI but after that I usually leave the game as it is unless something is very wrong. Don't have a problem conciding late goals, just more of a problem of not scoring. (14 shots at Sunderland and none go in for example). I know it is harder to score in the version but anything you can recommend? Any players I should look to at the end of the season?

Oh and what are good bids to expect for Elano? Just got an 11 million bid in the January window, thinking I should hold out for14-15ish?

And just got a £27 million bid for Richards from Chelsea, any reason at all NOT to accept this?

First of Jan 09 now, half way through campaign as Man City with this tactic. Currently sitting 5th in the table, have been bouncing up and down between 1-6th position over the season.

Prem Leag: Played 20, Won 12, drawn 3, lost 5. Scored 37, let in 22

Carling cup: Out in Quarter finals on penalties against a youth filled Arsenal

Uefa cup: Qualified third in my group with Ac Milan, At Madrid, Club Brugge and Dinemo Kiev.

Bought Cardozo, Huntelaar, Srna, Palombo, Diarra, Vela and Sakho at the start of the season.

Palombo is doing very well in the MC playmaker position and has scored 7 in 21 games. Johnson plays well there too.

Diarra doing very well as well in the MC def positions like you all said he would. May get veloso at the end of the season to share the burdon.

Cardozo has been brilliant in the left ST position with 17 goals in 18 games (bare in my 6!!! of those game in one of my Uefa cup games against Loko Sofia).

Huntelaar has been... shockingly bad in the ST right position. In 14 games and 6 subs he has scored 2 goals... Absolutely diabolically bad. - Anything you recommend?

Vela plays much better in the ST right position and has scored 10 in 20 games.

Robinho/Petrov do well and Elano/SWP do well on the sides.

Overall the tactic has been good, I beat chelsea 4-0 and liverpool 3-1, AT madrid 2-1 away and drew vs Arsenal. But have lost against Middlesbrough at home, Portsmouth away, Man Utd at home, Tottenham away and Sunderland away. Most of those defeats have come one after the other it seems. Lose one and I am bound to draw/lose the next. Seems like my two dips in form have coincided with Cardozo being injuried. Jo has done well in that position though as a replacement. With 10 goals in 18 games.

Robhug, is there anything I could be doing more to put away chances or shore up the defense? I follow the assman at the start of the game with OI but after that I usually leave the game as it is unless something is very wrong. Don't have a problem conciding late goals, just more of a problem of not scoring. (14 shots at Sunderland and none go in for example). I know it is harder to score in the version but anything you can recommend? Any players I should look to at the end of the season?

Oh and what are good bids to expect for Elano? Just got an 11 million bid in the January window, thinking I should hold out for14-15ish?

And just got a £27 million bid for Richards from Chelsea, any reason at all NOT to accept this?

Huntelaar scored a lot for me, i just gave him a run in the side. I would keep Richards, you cant buy anthying like him on the game as a replacement. Take anything for Elano - he was nowhere for me and kept moaning. I got Pablo Mouche from Boca on loan at Celta Vigo and he scored 18 in 22 as the pacy striker next to Makukula - might be a work permit problem with him going to City tho. Try Fellaini from Everton in either of the 2 MC positions he was excellent for me and very versatile.

Stick with the tactic and update when you get to about 15 games of the second season using it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anybody had any joy with this tactic on the new patch?

ive been bevering away with Newport Country, taking them from BS South to the Prem in consecutive seasons , all via the play-offs, certainly a bit of luck along the way. Have now been in the prem for 2 seasons - finished 13th in the first and am on course to finish about 9th/10th this season with the FA cup final coming up.

Ive altered this tactic a bit and also introduced a tactic for defending a lead late on (which used 1 up front and 5 at the back.

Its with the latest patch.

If anyone still uses this tactic ill upload the latest verson (LLM tried and tested!)

ive been bevering away with Newport Country, taking them from BS South to the Prem in consecutive seasons , all via the play-offs, certainly a bit of luck along the way. Have now been in the prem for 2 seasons - finished 13th in the first and am on course to finish about 9th/10th this season with the FA cup final coming up.

Ive altered this tactic a bit and also introduced a tactic for defending a lead late on (which used 1 up front and 5 at the back.

Its with the latest patch.

If anyone still uses this tactic ill upload the latest verson (LLM tried and tested!)

Can i have this tactic?

Man i had some succes in the premier league with man city but then got destroyed by inter in the champions league final.Same goes for some crap teams in the premier league where you create not nearly enough chances to make the difference. I am really losing hope with this game, its so unpredictable. I just want my team to play well, i dont care if i lose or win ffs.If you have great players then the least thing you would expect is a good ammount of shots on goal that equals the opposing team but even that is to much to ask. I am starting to think that you really need to be some kind of tactical genius to get any form of consistant succes.

Link doesnt work

best tactic ive used on this game playen wit arsenal happiest ive been since fm was 902 was released wasnt sure abt the keper coming out first but i think it works finaly fm is worth playen beat scum u chelski and liverpool with your tactic and i m even beating my bogie side on the game everton thanx keep up the work

wes coulam can you please make a link for your tactic and what type of players should you have or if tehre is a target man or playmaker thanks ina advance

I've tweaked this tactic quite a lot but i've been winning like crazy and it's solid at the back. Won the prem with grimsby 3 years in a row left and gone to milan now who were getting relegated finished runners up first season. Great Stuff

it took me 9 years but i won the premiership with Newport County using only these 2 tactics

always include the Romanian League when you set up a new game tho - you can pick up a wonderkid a week if you scout the under 19s league over there.

Im playin a short game in a league i wouldnt normally - New York in the MLS. Fantastic so far, 9 wins out of 9. Using Marinelli as the Playmaker and Pablo Mouch as the quick striker. Mouch is one of the best strikers on this game

it took me 9 years but i won the premiership with Newport County using only these 2 tactics

always include the Romanian League when you set up a new game tho - you can pick up a wonderkid a week if you scout the under 19s league over there.

Im playin a short game in a league i wouldnt normally - New York in the MLS. Fantastic so far, 9 wins out of 9. Using Marinelli as the Playmaker and Pablo Mouch as the quick striker. Mouch is one of the best strikers on this game

Love your tactic on 901..... struggling though a little on consistency in 902......

what in game tweaks do you usually do in what situations????

Love your tactic on 901..... struggling though a little on consistency in 902......

what in game tweaks do you usually do in what situations????

change to the 541 tactic (its in the first post) for the last 15 minutes if your defending a lead. apart from this change i dont alter it at all

when you do this, always leave the pacy striker as the 1 up front

• 4 weeks later...

Archived