G-14 versus the European Club Association

The time had come for the competition to begin. The G-14 and ECA representitives met once again at the same hotel room to confirm their entered players. Sadly several clubs had been forced to drop out for a number of reasons, but with each team having eleven members, both parties agreed to carry on with the contest.

First to declare their team were the G-14.

From Liverpool, 17 year old Alex Jones. Described as an explosive striker, the highly regarded Plymouth born youngster has been compared in the media to Les Ferdinand.

Alex Jones

From Valencia, Juan King, also 17 years old. Just like Jones, Russian born King has been described as an explosive striker and his potential has led to him being brought into the Spanish under 19 team.

Juan King

From fellow Primera Liga club, Real Madrid, the Valencia man's namesake and promising left winger, Joe King. The Irishman, born in Brazil, was snapped up by Real only recently and little is known of him. If reports in the media are anything to go by, then the 89 million pound release fee attached to the young man's contract go a long way to display his value to the club.

Joe King

Dutch team Ajax are the next to enter a player and promising midfielder Gabbeh Bergkamp is their choice. His manager didn't seem willing to comment too much upon him, mentioning only that he expected great things in the future.

Gabbeh Bergkamp

Inter Milan and Romawere similarlly reluctant to divulge information on their entries, Damon Lowe and Terry Macko respectively. Both players were born outside Europe, but had the opportunity to take other nationalities, Macko going from Canadian to English and Lowe Bermudan to Spanish. With no more to go on than that, the fans and media will have to judge the promising midfielders by their future performances.

Damon Lowe

Terry Macko

Returning to England, Arsenal have chosen to enter a young attacking midfielder with a name that is bound to bring confusion in the future. Thomas Rosicky (and not Tomas Rosicky) is their chosen player, an attack minded midfielder from the Czech Republic. Unlike the foreign media who are seemingly reluctant to brand young players, one paper in England has already drawn a comparison between young Rosicky and the great Pavel Nedved.

Thomas Rosicky

15 year old Panicopção and 16 year old Phil Plaice are the entrants for Porto and Marseille respectively. Apart from their youth, even compared to other competitors, nothing else stands out about the pair.

Phil Plaice

Panico'

The remaining two representitives have both selected English players, a particularly contraversial move from German club Leverkussen who have selected Goalkeeper Simon Campbell as their player. Despite being only 15 years old, Campbell has already stated that he hoped to have a long career in football including a coaching role after his playing days are over.

Simon Campbell

The final player to be unveiled is fellow Englishman, Stafford born, James Alexander who will be representing Dutch side PSV. At 16, he is one of the young G-14 members though if coaching reports are to be believed he is also one of the more promising players in the contest.

James Alexander

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once the last G-14 player had been unveiled there was very little time for discussion before the ECA was ready to unveil their team of future stars.

From Man Utd, 17 year old Pablo Gonzalez. So great is the impression the youthful mexican has made upon Old Trafford, that Alex Ferguson has made it known that he will spend the season in the first team squad.

Pablo Gonzalez

From Lyon, a 17 year old German with a Brazilian sounding name, Hamminiho. The Lyon manager has tried his best to keep the youngster away from the prying eyes of the media, but already the german press have touted him as the next Jurgen Kilnsmann.

Hamminiho

Haowan is the next entry, representing Spanish giants Barcelona. Born in England, he was snapped up by Barcelona early doors and now finds himself part of the Spanish youth setup. At 56 million pound release fee is nothing to sneer at either.

Haowan

European champions AC Milan are next to reveal their entry for the competition. 16 year old Joo, a player so talented that he has been compared to star team mate Kaka. Already brought into the under 21 setup for Italy.

Joo

From Chelsea, the entrant is Arthur Li, a central midfielder and England under 19 international. Manager Avram Grant speaks with great admiration of the youngster’s work rate and expects that in the future he will endear himself to England supporters.

Arthur Li

Spaniard, Bennitto, is the entry for Sevilla. Described as a similar type of player to team mate Renato by his manager, he has been noticed by under-19 manager and called into his squad for the foreseeable future. He has also, like most of the other Spanish club entries, been given a hefty minimum release fee rumoured to be in the region of 80 million.

Bennitto

Rangers, as the only Scottish club in the competition, enter Scotsman Timo McTavish. The 17 year old is a midfielder with a defensive mentality and Walter Smith has stated in interview with several media outlets that he is very impressed with his ability to break up play and it will only be a matter of time before being part of the full squad. McTavish is also part of the Scottish under-21 setup.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/Riranoman/timo.jpg]Timo McTavish[/url]

Juventus enter Bobinho, a right back with an attacking mentality. Though born in Hereford in England, he has been called into the Italian youth setup after qualifying for citizenship. It remains to be seen if he commits fully to the Italian national side or whether he can be tempted to England. Fans of both countries would no doubt be delighted to see the youth marauding down the wings supporting the attack for their country if he fulfils his massive potential.

Bobinho

Though only 17, Silvio Corluka of Zagreb is set to become a part of the first team as soon as the season begins according to his manager. The Croatian under-21 international is a strong centre back and is currently under the tutorial guidance of team mate Marko Kartelo.

Silvio Corluka

16 year old David Rosing-Schow is the player chosen by FC Kobenhaven. Another right back of attacking mentality, he has the option of both Danish and French nationality. At the minute he claims to be favouring the idea of Denmark, but he hasn’t ruled out France should the manager come calling.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/Riranoman/rosingschow.jpg]David Rosing-Schow [/url]

Much like his G-14 counterpart Simon Campbell, Gensen Khan is a German national and at 15 the youngest member of his team. He is determined and professional according to his manager, and does not suffer from the same eccentricity that some more recent German goalkeepers have had.

Gensen Khan

CA/PA was originally going to be 100/-10, but I found that the editor changed the stats people requested too much at that, so I made CA 115.

I've run a couple of months now, and I'll get an update as soon as I think enough's happened. So far a few people have tutors, a few have made a string of first team appearances, and someone even scored on their debut.

I'll out up my idea for point scoring in a sec for people to look over. It's not really finalised, so comments are welcomed.

Point Scoring:

All Positions

3 point - First Team Appearance

1 points - Youth Team Appearance

6 points - Int. Cap, Youth

12 points - Int. Cap, Full

25 points - Man of the match

10x Average Rating (End of Season)

8 points - Individual 10 Rating

-12 Points – Red Card (Straight)

-10 Points – Red Card (2 Yellow)

-3 Points – Yellow Card

-10 Points – Individual 4 Rating

GK Only

18 points - Clean Sheet (First Team)

10 points - Clean Sheet (Youth Team)

15 points - International Clean Sheet (First Team)

10 points - International Clean Sheet (Youth Team)

20 Points - Goal (Any Level)

8 Points - Assist (Any Level)

-10 Points - Concedes more than 4 goals (First Team)

FB Only

8 points - Clean Sheet (First Team)

4 points - Clean Sheet (Youth Team)

6 points - International Clean Sheet (First Team)

3 points - International Clean Sheet (Youth Team)

14 Points – Goal (First Team)

10 Points – Assist (First Team)

8 Points – Goal (Youth Team)

4 Points – Assist (Youth Team)

20 * Tackles per Game (End of Season)

CB Only

8 points - Clean Sheet (First Team)

4 points - Clean Sheet (Youth Team)

8 points - International Clean Sheet (First Team)

4 points - International Clean Sheet (Youth Team)

14 Points – Goal (First Team)

8 Points – Assist (First Team)

2 Points – Assist (Youth Team)

20 * Tackles per Game (End of Season)

OM Only

18 Points – Goal (First Team)

14 Points – Assist (First Team)

12 Points – Goal (Youth Team)

10 Points – Assist (Youth Team)

100 * Pass Completion % (End of Season)

AM Only

16 Points – Goal (First Team)

16 Points – Assist (First Team)

12 Points – Goal (Youth Team)

12 Points – Assist (Youth Team)

60 * Pass Completion % (End of Season)

60 * Shots on Target % (End of Season)

ST Only

12 Points – Goal (First Team)

14 Points – Assist (First Team)

10 Points – Assist (Youth Team)

120 * Shots on Target % (End of Season)

Point Scoring:

Since PA was randomised between 170 and 200 for each player I don't really want to say who has what because it'll seem unfair on someone who gets 171 compared to someone who gets 199...

However here's the breakdown...

170-179: 8 Players

180-184: 7 Players

185-189: 5 Players

190-194: 0 PLayers

195+: 2 PLayers

G-14

170-179: 5 Players

180-184: 2 Players

185-189: 3 Players

195+: 1 Player

ECA

170-179: 3 Players

180-184: 5 Players

185-189: 2 Players

195+: 1 Player

Sum total of the PA's for each team is within 5 of each other (2008 to 2013 - though I won't say which team's which) and the team with the slightly lower total has the individual with the highest PA... which is 199.

I'll try and get a proper update up later, probably after the football on tv. I'm thinking of letting it holiday as far as January 31st then putting up an update. That far enough, o would people prefer the full season?

Cheers.

It has been several months since the beginning of the competition between the ECA and the G-14 was announced to the European media, and since then the ‘stars’ of the contest have been followed by football fans everywhere from France to Finland, and from Portugal to Poland. Everyone want to find out whether the selected entries will perform with the weight of expectation. The score method for the contest was leaked to the media over the Christmas period and journalists across the football world have been compiling features, articles, league tables and trying to get interviews.…below is one such article featured in recent weeks..

random-football-website.com: Feature

“European Fantasy League†was a headline no one could possibly have expected to emblazon the top of the back page of newspapers all over the continent this summer, and yet amongst the transfer speculation, takeover rumours, hiring, firing and all the other goings on over the post season, that was the headline that did in fact adorn the top of this and many other media outlets. Now, in the wake of last month’s leaking of a document that’s become known simply as ‘the scorecard,’ random-football-website.com brings you all the information you can possibly need about the G-14 and ECA starlets.

Scores (Feb 1st)

As a sensible place to start, we planned to compile the scores for each player, but we eventually decided that since several of the players have not yet made a first team appearance, and that we are a few months into the contest, a running score isn’t appropriate at the time. In the future we’ll have a score table, we promise.

Start as you mean to go on…

Of the 22 players, 14 have already made an appearance for their club, while a further 1 has moved on loan and made a debut there. Here we’ll look at the of these debuts…

Hamminiho,

- The young Lyon striker was given his debut in a league match against OGC Nice. In the 80th minute, eventual man of the match winner, Nadir Belhadj was taken off as their manager went for a win in a game that was delicately poised at 0-0. It looked to be a failed attempt, until the 91st minute when young Hamminiho managed to cleverly make himself some space and get on the end of a Hatem Ben Arfa cross to smash a powerful header into the bottom right of the goal. As the only debut goal scorer, Hamminiho wins the best debut award. Or he would, should such a thing actually exist.

Simon Campbell

- No goals were scored for Simon Campbell of Leverkussen, though more importantly, none were scored against him. While Bielefeld may not have provided the strongest challenge to the young stopper, he played the full ninety minutes as the German side ground out a 1-0 win and he will now go on record as their youngest ever player at 16years and 3 days old.

Silvio Corluka

-Corluka made his debut for Zagreb in an Intertoto cup game. Zagreb drew the match 2-2 and went through on aggregate. What would appear to have been a mediocre debut makes our top three because it became the platform for a long run in the first team. A long run in the sense that he has yet to be dropped back to the reserves and has performed solidly in for 26 games including European fixtures. He is the most experienced of the players in the competition and has been capped twice at under 21 level.

Who’s going where…

“Transfers will not affect the scoring of points,†is the official line from Michel Platini, who has become spokesperson for the contest since it became public knowledge. That means the Barcelona player at he start will continue earning points for Barcelona even if he moves more times than Anelka in the meantime. With that in mind we’ll keep everyone updated of the rumours and speculation surrounding the players involved.

Shockingly, no rumours of future moves have been generated anywhere, but two of the players have moved on loan for the season.

Bennitto has moved on a season long loan to Racing from January after impressing in the youth team.

Ravenna have benefited from their relationship with Inter to snap up Damon Lowe on loan.

Can’t stop scoring…

As it’s early in the competition we’ll look at who’s been scoring not just in first team action, but also other games be they pre-season friendly or reserve league games. In future updates the focus will shift more toward those who are prolific where it matters. For now, here’s our review of the four strikers.

Alex Jones. Yet to make a senior start (though he has had two cup sub appearances with little impact) young Alex has been knocking goals in for fun in the youth team. 25 goals in 27 games have led to 11 ‘man of the match’ awards and he’s the overall top scorer. Should be given a real chance in the first team soon if Rafa’s rotation is anything to go by.

Pablo Gonzalez. Despite early promise of first team action, Pablo has been put back to the youth team for the time being. 14 goals in 12 starts might mean it’s a short stay. Hasn’t really had much opportunity at first team level with two brief sub appearances. Bizarrely, has 29 fouls to his name in those 12 starts for the youth team. .

Juan King. Valencia just don’t appear to know what to do with him. On the one hand he’s only got 6 appearances in the youth team, scoring 5 goals there, but on the other he’s had three starts for the Valencia first team where he has played well and got on the score sheet once too. He even picked up the man of the match award for that game. Arguably the least prolific of the strikers and with the least amount of appearances, he also seems the most likely to break into the first team based on performances.

Hamminiho. Our dream debut player has had similarly mixed fortunes to King. Scored on his debut within ten minutes but not given another chance in following matches. 6 goals in 11 starts for the youth setup.

As far as the other players go, none have been as free scoring as the strikers, but that’s to be expected.

Silvio Corluka, 1 Senior Goal (Penalty), 3 Youth team Goals

Damon Lowe, 2 Senior goals (Ravenna)

Bennitto, 1 Reserve goal (Sevilla)

Timo McTavish, 2 Youth team goals.

Haowan, 1 Youth team goal

David Rosing-Schow, 5 Youth team goals…from full back

Bobinho, 3 Youth team goals

James Alexander, 1 Youth team goal.

Arthur Li, 3 Youth team goals

Joo, 3 Youth team goals

Terry Macko, 5 Youth team goals

Everyone else needs to get their shooting boots on… or be happy that your position doesn’t need to score goals to be amazing right Goalkeepers?

Willing to learn…

Often, a young footballer will have a role model at his club, and our young starlets are no different. Currently six of the 22 have named tutors, and some of the names you might recognise.

Joo. He’s first on the list because he’s being tutored by Kaka. That’s the Kaka. If this boy doesn’t turn out great he only has himself to blame.

Panicopcao is being tutored by Lucho Gonzalez.

Silvio Corluka is being mentored in the finer arts of centre-backery by Marko Kartelo.

Bobinho is being tutored by Jorge Andrade. Explosive, attack-minded full back taught by slowish strong centre half. We’ll see how that goes.

Arthur Li has the versatile midfielder Michael Essien to look up to. I can think of worse role models to have.

Last but not least, Timo McTavish is being tutored by Scotland and Rangers captain Barry Ferguson.

Arriving on the international stage…

Panicopcao, 1 U21 cap

Bennitto, capped at U19

Timo McTavish, 2 U21 caps

Bobinho, capped at U19

Silvio Corluka, 2 U21 caps

Damon Lowe, capped at U19

Pablo Gonzalez, capped at U19

Gabbeh Bergkamp, capped at U19

Haowan, capped at U19

Joe King, 2 U21 caps

Thomas Rosicky, 3 U21 caps

Juan King, capped at U19

Well, that’s all for now folks.

((Ok. I’m sorry I have no screen shots. I’m sorry certain players have less coverage than others. I’m sorry it took me longer than I implied earlier. You can blame photobucket, managers not picking you enough respectively.

Aside from that, do people like the article update format, or would you rather just have tables and screenies in future? Is there anything obvious that I missed that isn’t explained? How long would you like me to Holiday before the next update?))

my sign up game is basically just screenshots and small bits of writing and unless you have a lot of free time i would suggest carrying on the way you are. Maybe the odd screenshot here and there would do good though icon14.gif

KUTGW! icon_biggrin.gif

^^^^^^ first time i have ever said that icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Joo. He’s first on the list because he’s being tutored by Kaka. That’s the Kaka. If this boy doesn’t turn out great he only has himself to blame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really a great job, riranoman!

God.. now I'm mixed with emotions. Happy as Kaka is my tutor. But that make me pressure!

Erm... we need a section for assist too? If there is any, that is.

Once again, good job and thanks for making a nice signup!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by riranoman:

David Rosing-Schow, 5 Youth team goals… from full back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Really liking the update format icon14.gif

Disappointed that I haven't made a first team appearance yet icon_wink.gif

KUTGW icon14.gif

Ok, I've been slightly busier today than I'd planned, so I only got halfway through today's update. I'll try and get it done before bed but I have to go out for a while now, so if not, I'll definitely have a good update for you tomorow at some point.

Thanks for all the good comments. I'll put something about assists in the next update.

I've holiday'd it as far as 20th of May, which is when most leagues are done and dusted, while a few have started up agin just to keep things confusing for me. A couple of new tutors, but no major changes as far as appearances go I'm afraid. Early days yet though.

random-football-website.com: Feature

Welcome back to rdw’s roundup of the competition that’s got the football world talking. The football season is over in the majority of Europe’s major leagues and some of the lesser known have finished had a break and started again. Time for a full analysis of how the 22 players selected to represent their clubs are faring. There’s been more goals scored, more tutors assigned, a couple more debuts and, as we missed it out of the first feature and are very sorry, we’ve also got a closer look at assists. As an added bonus, we’ve also included a bit of information on how the clubs performed in the usual competition as well as actually publishing running totals…

Scores (May 20th)

Well, since the leaking of the document and the media frenzy that followed, the competition representatives did the sensible thing and made what wasn’t already known public knowledge. A revised score card with minor changes was released and as plenty of games have gone by now we’ve decided it best that we include the points for each of the players.

Changes

- Removed goalkeeper conceding

- MoM Awards in Non competitive matches count half

- Avg Rating points only use first team ratings

- Cards and individual rating count only in first team games.

- Shots on Target and Pass completion only count for first team appearances.

- Domestic ‘Youth team’ based awards include all Non competitive fixtures.

G-14

Alex Jones – 487.

Despite only a couple of sub appearances for the first team, 28 NC goals and 13 MoM awards contribute the most to his score.

Juan King – 278

His score may be lower, but when considering that he’s made 11 first team appearances, all starts, it may only be a matter of time before he’s outscoring his fellow strikers.

Joe King – 99

A disappointing score, in no small part because of the fact that being in Madrid’s first team squad means he has no chance to rack up easier points in the reserves.

Gabbeh Bergkamp – 113

There is similar disappointment for Bergkamp, who finds himself in exactly the same situation as Juan King. Valued enough to be a first team squad member, not quite enough to play much.

Damon Lowe – 199

After deciding that a loan should count as a transfer and that appearances for Ravenna count towards his score, Lowe scored well. 29 “first team†appearances and a couple of goals were only slightly spoiled by 14 yellow cards and 3 reds in that time. 80% pass completion helped too.

Thomas Rosicky – 335

Highest scoring of the G-14 midfielders, the largest chunk of points came from 11 NC assists and 81% pass completion in his 3 first team appearances.

Terry Macko – 181

A respectable score given the performances of fellow attacking midfielders, remarkable only that 144 points of this was generated by 12 NC goals from midfield.

Panicopcao – 32

Made 20 youth team appearances all from the bench. Not looking like anything special yet.

Phil Plaice – 20

All I can say is poor Phil… poor, poor Phil.

James Alexander – 57

Given the other defender’s scores, this isn’t half bad. No first team appearances yet, so hopefully a loan or a brief run in the first team can boost his tally next update.

Simon Campbell – 204

A clean sheet in his one firs team appearance as well as 9 in NC matches made uo the majority of this score

ECA

Pablo Gonzalez – 424

9 first team substitute appearances including 3 in European competition suggest that Pablo should be looking ot break into the first team soon. The majority of his score this year though came from 22 youth team goals in 21 appearances.

Hamminiho – 239

Despite scoring on his debut, he hasn’t been given a single start for the first team. Needs to be given a proper chance if he’s to make a name for himself.

Haowan – 118

This was another case of a player being too good for the reserves, but not good enough for the first team. Moved into the first team squad after just 6 appearances for the youth side, but never given the opportunity to show what he can do.

Joo – 367

Made a lot of youth team appearances and scored a few goals at that level. More impressively, has 1 senior goal and man of the match award to his name.

Arthur Li - 453

He’s the highest scoring midfield player so far. Has a lot of youth team assists, and played in just about enough matches to get a pass completion rating (76%).

Bennitto – 302

Has only made 12 appearances during his loan spell at Racing, but his 76% pass completion as well as goals and appearances for the youth team before his move boost his score.

Timo McTavish – 160

No first team appearances and only a handful of goals and assists at youth team level. That said, he is a defensive midfielder, and some of the best DM’s go for five or six seasons without a goal.

Bobinho – 127

He made good progress in the youth team for a while with 18 appearances, 4 goals and 5 assists. Was eventually pulled into the first squad where he’s yet to make an impact.

Silvio Corluka – 399

Corluka’s is a defender’s score that will take some beating. Benefiting from his team’s comparative lack of quality, he’s become a regular first-teamer making 39 appearances for the first team and even scoring a couple of goals.

David Rosing-Schow – 288

Though not quite as high scoring as Corluka, this is a more than respectable score. Appears to have broken the first team with 21 overall appearances. Also has the highest tackle per game rate of any defender with 4.17.

Gensen Khan – 221

The highest scorer of the two goalkeepers. Though yet to make a first team appearance, 18 of his 29 youth team games have resulted in a clean sheet.

That leaves us with overall scores of 3038 for the ECA, and 2025 for the G-14. For the moment, the ECA appear to hold an impressive lead, but it’s early days yet. Will they still be able to maintain the lead when the G-14 have defender’s playing regularly as well? What if the impressive Alex Jones get some first team opportunities? Will top scorer’s Alex Jones and Arthur Li be able to maintain their form in the first team? There’s a long way to go yet…

Willing to learn…

Here again is the section on the teachers and pupils involving our 22 young players

First up is Thomos Rosicky. I know what you’re thinking, but Mr. Wenger hasn’t taken the obvious and most confusing choice, and instead decided that young Rosicky should learn from Adrian Mutu.

Phil Plaice is learning from France international, Gael Givet.

Gensen Khan is to learn all he can about the art of goalkeeping from highly experienced 38 year old, Jens Mustermann

Simon Campbell is learning from the less experienced Rene Adler.

Honorable mention…. Terry Macko was supposed to learn from Totti, but they didn’t see eye to eye and it was stopped fairly quickly.

Injured List

We all hate it when our favourite player gets injured, but it happens from time to time. Thankfully, our 22 youngsters have mostly evaded serious injury, but below is a list of the unlucky few who’s had the odd visit to the physio…

Bobinho, Dislocated shoulder (2 Months), Strained neck (6 Days)

Silvio Corluka, Facial Injury (1 Week) x2

Damon Lowe, Groin Strain (3 Weeks), Gashed head (1 Week)

Thomas Rosicky, Groin Strain (2 Weeks) x2

Arthur Li, Broken Arm (1 Month)

Terry Macko, Hip Injury (2 Months), Bruised Head (5 Days)

Pablo Gonzalez, Hamstring (3 Weeks)

Alex Jones, Damaged foot (2 weeks)

Hamminiho, Hamstring (3 Weeks)

League Finishes

Zagreb finished sixth in the Croatian league.

Kobenhavn won the Danish Premier League

Chelsea won the English Premiership

Manchester United finished second

Liverpool finished third

Arsenal finished fourth.

Lyon finished third in Ligue 1

Marseille finished fifteenth in Ligue 1

Bayern won the German First Division

Leverkussen finished eighth.

PSV won the Dutch Premier Division

Ajax finished second.

Inter won the Serie A

AC Milan finished second

Juventus finished sixth

Roma finished seventh

Porto finished third in the Bwin Liga

Rangers finished second in the Scottish Premier League

Barcelona won the Spanish First Division

Real Madrid finished second

Valencia finished seventh.

Sevilla finished ninth.

First Ever Goals

Though we’d planned to have another ‘Dream Debut’ section, there didn’t appear to be any. Personally, rfw.com blames managers giving players a 5 or 6 minute cameo where they’re not likely to do anything. So instead we decided to look at some of the first goals scored by the contestants.

We’ll start with promising AC Milan midfielder Joo since he scored this goal on his first appearance that lasted more than 8 minutes. Ambrosini picked up possession after Parma hastily cleared the ball. He played the simple ball to an unmarked Christian Brocchi who turned quickly. After weighing up his options, he played an inch perfect ball to Joo on the edge of the box, who took one touch before hitting a venomous shot high into the centre of the goal. AC Milan won 0-1 and Joo received the man of the match award.

Next up is Arsenal midfielder Thomas Rosicky who scored his first goal for Arsenal to wrap up a 3-1 win over Everton. Starting from a free-kick on the right side the ball found it’s way to Fabregas who played the simple ball into Eduardo’s feet inside the Everton box. The Croatian turned Yobo before rolling the ball along the edge of the area to the arriving Rosicky who placed his shot low into the bottom left corner, well of of the reach of a despairing Tim Howard.

Juan King scored his first goal for Valencia against Recreativo to finish off a sound 2-0 win. The very definition of a poacher’s effort, after the keeper pulled off a superb double save from David Villa, King popped up at the far post tap in from no more than 2 yards out.

Silvio Corluka’s first goal was, bizarrely, a penalty. Not reputed for his skill from the spot, the centre half stepped up to place it into the right hand corner after sending the opposition keeper the wrong way.

Surely if it was the German keeper's name, then other posts would have been flagged up earlier such as the one where he signed up for example.

I don't really understand how it works, so I'll just take your word for it.

Anyway, I wanted to put a few other things in that post, like assists, but decided that it had taken enough time since the last update. I'm going to Holiday the transfer window now and put up an update about that, and I'll include stuff I missed out in that instead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by riranoman:

Surely if it was the German keeper's name, then other posts would have been flagged up earlier such as the one where he signed up for example.

I don't really understand how it works, so I'll just take your word for it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's where you have the words 'Khan' and 'Jens Mustermann' together. That is flagged as a trigger word since it prevents people discussing the licensing issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Joo scored this goal on his first appearance that lasted more than 8 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm abit confused... I only appear for 8 minutes and I score the winning goal? That cool?

No. I was trying to say that your first appearance was only 8 minutes long so didn't really give you a fair chance. You scored the goal in your second appearnce after coming on as a sub in the 72nd minute.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather.

David Rosing-Schow – 288

Though not quite as high scoring as Corluka, this is a more than respectable score. Appears to have broken the first team with 21 overall appearances. Also has the highest tackle per game rate of any defender with 4.17.

Kobenhavn won the Danish Premier League </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good stuff icon_smile.gif

Great update once again icon14.gif

KUTGW icon14.gif

Bayern won the German First Division

Gensen Khan is to learn all he can about the art of goalkeeping from highly experienced 38 year old, Jens Mustermann

Though yet to make a first team appearance, 18 of his 29 youth team games have resulted in a clean sheet.

Going good to take over...

Archived