Is it possible to manage youth teams and if so how?

I am interested in managing a u17 national team because of the u17 world cup happening in rl. Is there a way to manage youth national teams, and if so please tell me how. Thank you!

P.S. 

It doesn't have to be u17's just any age level except the regular national team

The game doesn't have Under 17 squads, but the U19/U20/U21 national teams should be manageable, as long as there are circa 150 eligible players for that age group. The reason is to allow the human manager to have enough selection options to work with. If you want to have specific nations to choose from, I would suggest either loading their leagues before starting a new game or choosing the custom database option to load all the players from a particular country and/or division. Especially with the youth teams of major nations like England, Italy, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina etc., you shouldn't have any trouble in having the necessary amount of players available, but if you go to nations of a lesser profile (e.g. Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, USA etc.), it very much depends on the configuration of your save game as to whether they would be manageable. Most big nations do have sufficient amounts of players in the database, but if they're not loaded in your save game, there's not much you can do...

It is possible to apply to be the manager of national youth team but when I've do so I've never yet received a notification to the effect that I've either been offered or denied the job. The only way that I've been able to obtain such a job is as follows:

o create a new manager;

o make the new manager the national team manager of whatever country you want;

o have the new manager offer you the job of youth team manager;

o accept the job; and

o retire the new manager.