AI gives poor offers, destroy morale in squad

Well,

if you look at all the expensive transfers from the Eliteserien abroad, in the Top 10 only Braut Håland is the only recent one.

All the others date back to the previous decade, if not even to the late-90s, when Norwegian clubs had a higher reputation and could "lure" foreign clubs to overpay the most prominent players in the league.

The OP's player is probably worth a couple of millions, but nowhere near 10, regardless of how insane prices have become elsewhere in the transfer market. That kid is STILL a hot prospect in a poorly rated league. Domestic success and even in CL don't matter much as long as the league's reputation is low.

Oh, and CA114 (paired with a low reputation I guess) won't get you 7-digits offers... If you really really want more money, either tamper with his CA or Reputation. Or simply change the transfer fee before the transfer goes through.

P.S. BTW, if the transfer value caps in the editor are still a bit too low, they may need adjustment to get at least offers in the 3-4M range for top talents.

P.P.S. FINALLY they have fixed the bug of young, unproven players with reasonable potential going for a few millions, while established top players in the league struggle to break the 1M threshold... That bugged me to no end in my old saves in Eliteserien.
Like, I could sign reliable first-teamers for my Rosenborg (like the ever-so-overrated Steffen Hagen) for a few hundred Ks, but if I wanted Glimt's 16yo newgen with vaguely promising attributes, the pricetage read 1M+bonuses at least.

8 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I’d be interested to hear how regularly you make a bid. Is it weekly, monthly or ... ?

Depends when I start bidding really. In this particular case I spent the first 3 months scouting him until the news reports started to say that he was desperate to join us. Then I started bidding maybe once a fortnight-ish (sometimes I'd forget), but getting more regular as the season drew to a close, to the point where I'd immediately bid when the offer came back rejected.

8 hours ago, roykela said:

What point, i made, are you actually trying to address?

The bit that I quoted, obviously...

16 hours ago, roykela said:

the human player would either give up or up the bid, up to a subjectively acceptable level.

On 16/07/2019 at 16:08, Aeon said:

The board just wanted to sell him. They accepted a offer for £1,5M from PSG with future hope of getting £3M. F**k this board! Just right before the CL qualification and for almost nothing at all.

Wish there was a way to just overrule the board. Like in the ingame or pre-editor, remove the board or make them not interfering since they are clearly morons.

I quit! Thank you all for your advice btw. Guess I just play something else instead. Thanks SI. Never gonna buy your games again.

If they accepted it just change with the ingame editor your salary of your player to +500k euros, this is an easy way if it already happened. just ad 1 million to your budget and after one week he'll just stay. Bit an easy solution

1 hour ago, Tom8983 said:

Depends when I start bidding really. In this particular case I spent the first 3 months scouting him until the news reports started to say that he was desperate to join us. Then I started bidding maybe once a fortnight-ish (sometimes I'd forget), but getting more regular as the season drew to a close, to the point where I'd immediately bid when the offer came back rejected.

The bit that I quoted, obviously...

Then you unfortunately missed my point, as you took it out of its context by reading that part in isolation and fitted the rest to that out of context line.

It's not only about what the human player does. It was mainly about why the human player gets a bashing but the AI doesn't, for doing the same thing.
All while the AI is much more rigid and stubborn (naturally so, but overly so as well) than the human player.
And it is a general observation. AI does x - 'Well, that's just AI telling the player to sod off'. Player does x - 'That's ridiculous. Why would you even do that and expect a positive outcome'?!
That was my point.

6 hours ago, roykela said:

And it is a general observation. AI does x - 'Well, that's just AI telling the player to sod off'. Player does x - 'That's ridiculous. Why would you even do that and expect a positive outcome'?!
That was my point.

But it's the same thing. The only thing different is your reaction to it. 

Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing. If you aren't using the tools that are at your disposal to make the best out of the transfer market, just like the AI does, then that's your issue. But lets not pretend that you can't act in exactly the same way as the AI and get exactly the same outcomes, because you can.

8 hours ago, Tom8983 said:

But it's the same thing. The only thing different is your reaction to it. 

Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing. If you aren't using the tools that are at your disposal to make the best out of the transfer market, just like the AI does, then that's your issue. But lets not pretend that you can't act in exactly the same way as the AI and get exactly the same outcomes, because you can.

I don't have a problem with the transfer market at all. Just because i'm bringing up a  point doesn't mean that i'm struggling with it.
And, seemingly, you are still missing the point.
But sure. We can leave it there :thup: :)

Archived