I hate the 3 nation limit on FMT 19

FM 2015 was released onto iOS in April 2015 (I think) and lets be honest it was an impressive achievement to port FM classic to iOS. This was basically FM but on my iOS device, I couldn’t really believe it at the time. I could now play FM whenever and wherever I wanted but, there were however a few limitations and differences between iOS and PC.

For me the biggest difference was the 3 nation restriction and 4/5 years later we have the same restriction. At the time this restriction was needed as FM classic was a highly detailed game running on low end hardware, however as the years have passed iOS hardware is now on par with new i5 and i7 laptops (the iPad Pro 3rd gen is a monster spec device) but, fast forward to FMT 2019 we still have the 3 nation limit.

I really hope the devs at SI can make use of the extra hardware power of the latest iOS devices. During the initial game world setup I’d love to see the option to load a larger database and include more nations. It needs to work similar to the PC version where higher spec systems can run bigger game worlds. Let the user decide between fast processing times or more detailed immersive game world, todays market is all about giving the consumer options and flexibility.

I know FMT needs to be fast paced but I’m sure most people who play FM would compromise on a slower processing speed to have a few more nations loaded.

The current system on FMT is outdated now and we should have the option to load in more nations, for me 3 nations isn’t immersive enough at the very minimum we should be able to include 5 nations for the more powerful devices.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

iOS and PC.

There's your answer. One is a closed system that developers have guidelines and restrictions to work under in order for an app to be released on the platform, the other does not. Devs also have to consider a range of devices, not just top end ones.

58 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Let the user decide between fast processing times or more detailed immersive game world

Because of the above, and to ensure the game can run 30 seasons, compromises have to be made.

1 hour ago, Weller1980 said:

The current system on FMT is outdated now and we should have the option to load in more nations, for me 3 nations isn’t immersive enough at the very minimum we should be able to include 5 nations for the more powerful devices.

Hopefully one day it'll be expanded, but there has to be a line drawn. Some just want more players loaded in rather than more leagues, for example. 

Or some want a league limit rather than a nation limit. 

So they have to keep all the above in mind and for now at least, its 3 nations. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Weller1980 said:

But, surly 5 years on we should start to see some improvements with expanded game worlds...?

The game is expanded with many new features. You can still play with more than 3 on PC. 

I think if you could just expand it to 4 or 5 that would be amazing. In Europe there are really the big 5 leagues these days and it's a bummer not to be able to have them all. That and finding a way to get modded graphics onto FMT iOS (or finally getting Premier League & La Liga licensing) would complete the game.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sgevolker said:

Why not limit it to the number of leagues?  You can choose England, Germany and France with 11 Leagues loaded, why not 5 Nations with 2 Leagues each? 

That gets even more complicated unfortunately. It had been tried but unfortunately what that usually means is lots more players loaded, active leagues and matches, which means more memory required and slower processing times. It wasn't possible unfortunately, hence the 3 nation limit.

Archived