FM 2009: Reading F.C.

Abaddon879

Not to sure yet - Currently have 8.25mil but hasnt been set to my new budget yet (still only in june) trying to spend some of it now just incase i don't get as much as i need with the new budget - thanks for the suggestions anyhow ^^, ive already tried ustari and gioda, neither are interested, will try the others now though :).

Turns out i have a bigger budget then i expected - 13.75 million. Want to try get some bargain buys though if possible.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone ever seen reading get took over on their game im currently in my 3rd season with them in my 1st season i gt promotion to the prem 2nd finished 11th in prem and am currently on course to get a euro cup place theres been about 5 or 6 attempted takeovers and all have fell through the chairmans talkin with a consortium now so im under a transfer embargo the clubs makin money aswell but i mite resign if no1 takes them over

I'm playing a game with Reading and I'm having much fun from it.

Currently I'm in my 2nd season in the Premiership, last season I ruled the Championships winning the league with 114 points and without losing a single match.

I'm using a quite offensive 3-4-3 flat tactic using Kevin Doyle as my central striker.

If you are a Reading fan or if you're just curious about my game, I talk about it on my blog: For Love of the Game! :thup:

• 1 month later...

[i'm not a Reading fan but fancied a shot with them considering their somewhat success this season with reaching the playoffs]

recently started a reading game wanting to try and build them up to challenge in the big time and europe eventually. opening season doing well, swapping with Sheff Utd at the top of Championship (approx. at the end of January). Reached fourth round of League Cup and have knocked out Wigan and West Brom thus far in the FA cup. looking to far in that.

couple of players have left including Lita and Federici

whilst i've brought in Gibbs to fill in at LB from Arsenal, Jack Collision (MC) of West Ham to bring youth alongside Karacan (playing brilliantly) and/Harper. Collison hit with about three minor and a major injuries so has only just begun playing.

Doyle is backed up by Hunt, Tabb//Kebe (AML & AMR) and then in AMC i loaned in Merida (Arsenal) played well before expiration and now brought in Stoch (Chelsea) on loan to rotate with Matejovsky

Doyle is firing when fit but recent knocks meant i was left with Long (went nearly 9 games goalless before netting a double), and Noel Hunt who is a consistent sub for me. Duberry and Bikey are like a rock at the back.

in the summer will look for more depth at centre back (Duberry is ageing) and a possible partner for Doyle and maybe a winger to oppose Hunt though Kebe and Tabb both playing well when in the squad. hopefully big money to come in the summer w/ promotion as i haven't got anything more than 275k left now.

any suggestions for signings//improvements or general comments are welcome??

• 1 month later...

Hey! I'm a Swindon fan (don't shoot me), but decided to start a campaign with Reading. 1st season won the Championship. 2nd season 11th in Prem. 3rd season 8th in Prem. 4th, 9th in Prem. Halfway through 5th I am 10th. I'm struggling to take that next step, in to Europe. I have brought in quality players, but my chairman keeps selling my quality players so my squad just isn't quite good enough. Some examples

1st season: Bikey - chairman sold to Wigan for £3m. Replaced with Nyatanga, who is still at the club

3rd season: Morgan Schneiderlin - bought two years earlier for £2.5m, chairman sold to Bayern for £12.5m

4th season: Moussa Sissoko - bought to replace Morgan ^^^, sold to Chelsea for £15m

I'm really disappointed to lose these quality players, without the support from my chairman, I fear I'll never be able to get them in to the Uefa Cup. At the moment, I have Marquinhos, Yohann Pele and Arturo Vidal. Really quality - but will probably leave in the summer. Any tips on how to keep them? Players to buy to replace them?

Here is my squad:

Yohann Pele

Kirkland

Barragan

Nyatanga

Masilela

Veldmate (awesome re-gen)

Caceres

Jagielka

Rusol

Beckham

Lennon

Di Maria

Ephraim

Bannan

Vidal

(another DM from Man Utd, Italian, can't remember his name - he's good though)

McArthur (I think that's his name)

Coutinho

Shelvey

Marquinhos

Fletcher

Doyle

Zigic

• 1 month later...

I have just gotten to the January transfer window in the first season and am undefeated. I am top of the table and a few points ahead of Cardiff who are the only team challenging me for the title.

I started off with a budget of £5m and bought Miles Addison(£1.9m), Wade Elliott(£1.7m), Cameron Jerome(£1.5m), Karl Henry(£1.5m) and St.Ledger (£1.7m). I then sold Cisse, Lita, Kebe, Ingimarsson and Sigurdsson for a combined fee of about £5.5m.

My match day squad is this:

GK. Marcus Hahnemann

RB. Liam Rosenoir

CB. Andre Bikey

CB. Sean St. Ledger

LB. Chris Armstrong

RM. Wade Elliott

CM. Karl Henry

CM. Marek Matejovsky

LM. Stephen Hunt

ST. Shane Long

ST. Cameron Jerome

Sub 1. Miles Addison

Sub 2. Jem Karcaran

Sub 3. James Henry

Sub 4. Bryn Gunnarsson

Sub 5. Adam Federici

Started off extremely well with some great attacking football with Stephen Hunt and Wade Elliott providing great creativity and youngsters Long, Henry and Karcaran pleasantly suprising me with their great ability.

Long and Jerome have forged a good partnership and have both got over the 20 goal mark at this point of the season. Centre-back is a particularly strong point in my team with a good contrast in styles with Bikey proving the muscle and aerial ability and St.Ledger consistently performing defensively and also posessing a great range of passing. St Ledger tore his hamstring in October and is out for 5 months and Addison stepped up superbly and is a great aggressive defender, in a similar mould to Bikey.

I started off with high hopes for Kevin Doyle but he was largely dissapointing, scoring 5 goals by the January transfer window by which time I had sold him to Aston Villa for £4.5m. Another loss in the January window was my captain James Harper who had played okay but had been on par with or below the ability of my other central midfielders, so when Tottenham came in with a £6m offer and Madjeski accepted it over my head i was not particularly bothered.

Id sat strengthen up front and go for Mantorras or Ariza Makukula, they both (but mostly Makukula) scored loads of goals. Can be bought for under £1m and sold for at least £3m. Plus you might get taken over whn your promoted which would be good.

In my 4th season now and after winning the championship i have some insanely rich bussiness man buy the club during the 2nd season and ever since i've been able to buy some really top players. 2nd season i finished 10th in the prem, then 3rd season i got to 5th(but won the league and fa cup) and now i've just begun the 4th season and i'm currently 4th, hoping to stay about here and hopefully once i'm in the champions league i will be able to attract better players, because right now i could easily afford them (have a budget of about 60mill, and i don't even need to use it).

right now my strongest first team looks like this:

GK: Ochoa

RB: Santon

LB: Masilela

CB: Pearce

CB: Lugano

RM: Wijnaldum

LM: Drenthe

CM: Zuculini

CM: Kacar

ST: Cardozo

ST: Aquino