Create-a-Club - Create-a-Player

OK, bear with me cause this is nerve-wracking.

In the Create a Club section of FM19 (PC, Windows10), I am creating my own regens, with very high ratings (20 where it matters, paying 100+ million euros for each player).

Here is where it gets super weird: a few weeks into the game, the regens' ratings suddenly and arbitrarily drop sharply (i.e. from Pace:20 to Pace:15, , from Strength:20 to Strength:15 etc). Each regen's capacity plummets across the board without any reason and they never pick up from there, i.e. they remain players with average ratings.

Can anyone please help? I was hoping the last update would have eliminated the bug, but alas, the song remains the same.

PS. Why am I sure that it's a bug? Quite simply, cause I've tried everything there is to try, to my understanding: I made sure Current Capacity and Potential Capacity are both 200. Nonetheless, if something escapes me, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks in advance guys.

6 minutes ago, Strategist said:

PS. Why am I sure that it's a bug? Quite simply, cause I've tried everything there is to try, to my understanding: I made sure Current Capacity and Potential Capacity are both 200. Nonetheless, if something escapes me, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks in advance guys.

It's not a bug.  When you create your players you are unwittingly giving them a Current Ability which exceeds the maximum allowed of 200.  But the game will still only show it as 200.  So if you create someone with a CA of, say, 250 (or even 201) the game will still show it as 200.  Therefore (and as hunt3r says above) when you get into the game after a few days attributes will be adjusted down across the board to equate to the 200 CA cap.

When you create players, adjust their attributes until the CA shows 199.  That way you'll know they don't exceed the 200 cap and you won't see lots of reductions after a few days.

Thanks for the answer HUNT3R.

Truth be told, I'm not giving them 20 for all attributes - just for the ones that matter for the position they play.

And by the way, why can't my ratings stand? After all, I've paid stellar money for these players. Is it fair to pay 120 mio for a player only to have his value reduced sharply a few weeks later? 

Re: herne79, thanks a lot. Makes sense.

I will do as you suggest, see what happens. 

Thanks much to both of you.

On 23/04/2019 at 14:03, Strategist said:

Truth be told, I'm not giving them 20 for all attributes - just for the ones that matter for the position they play.

The thing is, these will be the attributes that tend to cost the most in terms of CA

Archived