I scored a perfectly fine goal for it to be given as a corner??

11 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Surely you mean Stuart Atwell

I can only really remember that one serious mistake by Mr Atwell, whereas anytime I watch Mr Oliver perform I feel like he would perform much better stood near Trafalgar Square making balloon animals...

The fact I can't remember Stuart facially whereas I can recall Michael's speaks volumes to me - how often do you notice the referee if he's having a good game? Not saying Mr Atwell is perfect (and obviously not remembering that goal that isn't but should be) but i can't think of a particular incident with him otherwise as opposed to many a game I've seen ruined by Mr Limelight.

48 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

I can only really remember that one serious mistake by Mr Atwell, whereas anytime I watch Mr Oliver perform I feel like he would perform much better stood near Trafalgar Square making balloon animals...

The fact I can't remember Stuart facially whereas I can recall Michael's speaks volumes to me - how often do you notice the referee if he's having a good game? Not saying Mr Atwell is perfect (and obviously not remembering that goal that isn't but should be) but i can't think of a particular incident with him otherwise as opposed to many a game I've seen ruined by Mr Limelight.

Was actually reffed by Michael Oliver back in the day when he was coming through the Northern League ranks.  I personally think he's a cracking referee.

Archived