[FM19] Manager Tactical Attributes Update 18/19

Updated Manager Tactical Attributes for the following leagues.

English Premier League

English Championship

France Ligue 1

Italian Serie A

Spainish La Liga

German Bundesliga

German Bundesliga 2

German Bundesliga 3

Austria Bundesliga

Belgium 1st Division

Croatian Division 1

Czech Division 1

Denmark Superliga

Netherlands Eiredivisie

Norway Eliteserien

Portugal Primeira Liga

Russia Premier League

Scotland Premiership

Serbia Super Liga

Slovakia Super Liga

Slovenia 1st Division

Sweden Allsvenskan

Switzerland Super League

Turkey Super Lig

Ukraine Premier League

The following attributes have been updated for about 90% of the

managers in the above divisions. The other 10% were unchanged due to sackings.

Tempo – Passes Per Minute of Possession

Physicality of Play – I have calculated a metric called Defensive Duels Per Foul which is derived from a calculation using the a teams average defensive duels per 90 minutes divided by a teams average fouls per 90 minutes.

Directness – The % of Long Passes.

Pressing – used a metric called passes per allowed defensive action in the opposition half which is the total passes per 90 of the opposing team in the opposition half divided by a teams defensive actions in the oppositions half.

Width – I calculated a metric called Final third Passes Per Cross. Which is calculated by taking a teams total completed passes per 90 minutes into the final third divided by the averages crosses per 90 minutes.

I used the above to rank all the teams and then assign new ratings for the above 5 attributes based on the 2018/19 season so far. The metrics I have used are not perfect but hopefully they more accurately reflect the current state of play in the above leagues.

I plan on doing a further update with other leagues and divisions. Let me know which other leagues or divisions you would like?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1560240281&searchtext=

Best and Worse Teams for each metric

Tempo

Passes per minute of Possession - Highest Napoli 14.57, Sundsvall 14.45, Barcelona 14.39, Chelsea 14.31, Real Madrid 13.75         Lowest  St.Johnstone 7.94, Aves 7.85, Boavista 7.76, Rotherham 7.69, Cardiff 7.67

Physicality of Play

Defensive Duels Per Foul -   Highest  St.Johnstone 7.14, Stuttgart 6.91 Swansea 6.88, West Ham 6.70, OB Odense 6.63                    Lowest  Setubal 3.44, Slavia Prague 3.37, Dinamo Vranje 3.34, Karpaty 2.95, Macva Sabac 2.90

Directness

Long Pass %   - Highest Rotherham 22.59, Livingston 22.39, Hamilton 20.65, Birmingham 19.95, Zwickau 19.90                               Lowest    Ajax 6.29, Celtic 6.29, Barcelona 5.89, Man City 5.45, Chelsea 5.38, PSG 4.82

Pressing

Passes Per Defensive Action opponents half -  Highest Hobro 20.76 , Parma 16.85, Bologna 16.32, Chievo 15.89, Senica 15.79       Lowest  Hallescher 5.54, Paderborn 5.77, Macva Sabac 6.01, Anderlecht 6.01, RB Salzburg 6.06

Width

Passes into final third Per Cross - Barcelona 6.09, Heerenveen 5.11, PSG 5.05, Chelsea 4.80, Lille 4.37                                                 Lowest Setubal 1.72,Tondela 1.72, SPAL 1.69, Huddersfield 1.68, Zlin 1.59, Wurzburger 1.48

Okay  I have started work on an update of the original file. I plan on adding the following divisions

England League 1

England League 2

France Ligue 2

Spain Segunda division

Italy Serie B

Dutch Eerste Divisie (Keuken Kampioen Divisie)

MLS

Argentine Superliga

Brazilian Serie A

Greece Super League

If anybody has another division they would like added? Let me know in the next few days and I'll see if I can add it. I hope too get this update out by ext weekend.

12 hours ago, feche said:

Colombia, Uruguay, and Chile?

Amazing work btw.

Luckily for you my work finishing the update has been delayed by bad hay fever the past few days so I will now include your requested leagues now.

3 hours ago, Foss said:

Have you considered that tempo, physicality of play, directness, pressing and width are all relative to the attacking attribute?

No mate I have not.

If you could let me know how exactly I would greatly appreciate your help?

Archived