FM19 - Struggling or Dominating?

So far majority of the reviews/feedbacks I've seen seem to be that tactics are working perfectly and AI is being dominated. It would be nice to know if someone is struggling in their save and finding it difficult/challenging to win consistently in a realistic way? Please post your results so we can compare and analyse.

I'm playing as Livorno in Serie B. They got promoted at the end of last season and the season preview had us predicted to finish 3rd bottom. Im into November and currently in and around the top 5 or 6. I didn't make any signings and am using a slightly amended vertical tika taka style tactic. 

I wouldn't say I was dominating but am performing above expectations. I do find that I need to rotate the squad heavily due to the high pressing style and this has led to some poor results against teams that were struggling and also conceding late in second half when my players can't seem to pass to each other. So some tactical tweets needed I think. 

Overall I'm really enjoying it. I didn't buy fm18 so am still trying to work out scouting. Hence no transfer activity yet! 

In FM18 you could have good tactics and then do to motivation you could randomly get weird 10-0 looses to teams you where way better than. (Same the other way around, you could take a lower team and make it beat anything aka the Leicester effect.)

So far it seems to me FM19 has removed the random/unexplained bad looses. With a good team, you can get the down 2 goals in the first few minutes of the match, then you team wakes up and turn it around, in FM18 the bad start seemed to mostly result in a negative motivation spiral.

Feels a bit easier then FM17 for me. Iam playing with Union Berlin. Was expected to finish 6th and walked straight through relegation and Quatrfinals Cup round. I play a tweaked ashbringer version. But injuries are tough. As a lower league team forget about singning any promising players, they just decline. Even if i agreed a transfer with the club. This might be realistic but still even 15/16 years old from different contients won´t play for me. So iam waiting for the first transfers till i made it to first Bundesliga. Training still looks like a lot of work, and players complain like they allways did.

Archived