Help!! I've wasted my entire summer doing edits that haven't worked!!!

Maldini's Heir

Rather than waiting until FM20 comes out in November I want to start now in the 18/19 season with the squads updated as much as possible.

I know Sortitoutsi have a patch but I find the patch to be flawed because they've actually edited the database so you start from the beginning but the database is edited so that the squads and leagues are updated.

It puts everything out of synch in terms of the World Cups and people's ages are off.

I have already gone to the trouble of updating all of the Serie A and Serie B squads and a handful of top European sides with the latest transfers which I've done as future transfers. It was a big job (because the football transfer market is a farce with thousands and thousands of completely pointless transfers like seriously why don't Juve just sell Luca Marrone rather than loaning him out of 5 seasons??????) but I worked on it through the summer transfer window and just did a few days here and there (seriously there were something like 5,000 transfers in the top 5 leagues this summer - farmers probably traded in less cattle in that period).

I then place transfer embargoes on all of the teams until September 2019.

I then play a season staying unemployed and re-playing fixtures so that the top 6 and the bottom 3 in Serie A are the same as real life and the correct teams are promoted from Serie B and make sure e.g. Real Madrid win the Champions League. It doesn't actually take that much time (an evening while watching TV) and it's fairly rough and ready (I don't bother worrying about other leagues).

Anyway having done all of this I started my 18/19 season and none of the new signings were registered with the various computer teams. So, for example, Ronaldo has moved to Juve but he's not been registered for the Serie A squad!!!!!

And it's the same with all of the signings that I had spent most of the summer updating. So the whole thing has been a total waste of time!!!!

How do I fix this?

(I have a bad feeling that someone's going to point out that the players couldn't be registered because of the transfer embargo and what I should've done was done immediate transfers!!!! Well it's too late now I'll guess I won't be such a smart arse about Sortitoutsi!)

12 hours ago, Maldini's Heir said:

(I have a bad feeling that someone's going to point out that the players couldn't be registered because of the transfer embargo and what I should've done was done immediate transfers!!!! Well it's too late now I'll guess I won't be such a smart arse about Sortitoutsi!)

I would ask why the transfer embargo is until September 19. Maybe a typo but IMO it should end as few days as possible before the 18/19 season starts. Then you would start your live experiment from there. 

@Maldini's Heir

you have made a lot of work for yourself there mate

use the sortitout live updates

then use real results for 17/18 season

have a custom start date I use 21 may 2018

that way leagues have finished and you can use an IGE to get Fulham etc and  other promotion play offs to have correct winners as much as possible

I also edit Real Madrid players to be superb and so they will be in UCL final(you can edit their details to original later)

I also have edited to get the correct World Cup groups and then in game use an IGE to get the correct players if you wish

so the result is when I start a save you have the correct teams/squads for 2018/19

I set up a transfer embargo until early Sept this causes no issues then re players being registered etc

Archived