[Suggestion] Stop board force selling players unless economics/results are bad!

sureup

Hi,

All i want for an improved FM (FM 2019) is that the board chills out a bit.

If you are successful as a medium/low rep club and provide great results and tons of money, it takes way too long for the club rep etc to increase to match the results.

This means the board will force sell even though your club is doing great just because your rep+player value is still lagging.

The reason I stopped playing FM2018 was because my board every transferwindow wanted to force sell multiple players at around 2,5m, even though we had tons of extra money + were having fantastic results! Even a player i paid 4m for just a year ago was now to be released for 2.5 because "the offer was too good"? It just doesn't make sense.

TLDR: Don't force sell players unless economics/results are bad!

PLEASE. I love FM but this is just not fun.

I understand the frustration that this causes.  This doesn't happen with all clubs and will be linked to the attributes of the Chairman or Board.  They have the final word on all aspects of finance ( after all, you are just an employee ) and if you stay at that club, you may have to accept this situation till all the reputations increase.  I doubt that this can be changed easily, apart from you moving to another club with a more accommodating board

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

I understand the frustration that this causes.  This doesn't happen with all clubs and will be linked to the attributes of the Chairman or Board.  They have the final word on all aspects of finance ( after all, you are just an employee ) and if you stay at that club, you may have to accept this situation till all the reputations increase.  I doubt that this can be changed easily, apart from you moving to another club with a more accommodating board 

I understand there should sometimes be stupid decisions by boards, and thats why the player can request them not to force sell and if the your standing with the board is good you will have them turn. BUT this can only be done once every transferwindow! Which means it really doesn't matter when the board doesn't make 1 stupid decision, they want to make 3+ and just sabotage the club for peanuts.

So maybe the player should be able to say no to the board every time, and eventually give them ultimatums etc.

Or just have less/none force sales when performance and economy is good like my suggestion. (or just base it on the boards view of your performance)

Again; there is no good reason a club should force sale with stellar results, the board loving you and having a good economy. and even if the board is stupid you should be able to ask them to withdraw and/or give an ultimatum every time.

• 2 months later...

Archived