FMT19 just one thing I ask

So last year seems to be the first time in gaming history that the developers thought it prudent to worsen the graphics in a brand new iteration of an annually released game. 

So I don’t have to ask Apple for a refund can I politely ask for an FMT demo this year so we know what state the game is in. Sadly some bugs seemed to have never been resolved either. 

To save money SI why don’t  you just rebadge FMT17 with a player update? 

Graphics shouldn't be 'scaled down' to accommodate much older tablets or lowered spec'd gadgets. I've got a really old iPad that FMT won't run on which is fair enough. However, I am planning on purchasing the next iPad Pro which should be released in the near future. Why should users be punished just to help those who deliberately choose to buy a cheap and inadequate tablet.

Hopefully in FMT19 we'll see:

• Improved graphics / matchday experience
  • Able to run more than 3 nations (hopefully 5+)
  • Longer career duration (40+ years)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, McClane29 said:

Why should users be punished just to help those who deliberately choose to buy a cheap and inadequate tablet.

You could say the exact same thing about users being punished, if only the latest and greatest devices could play the latest game each year. Imagine being told you'd have to buy a new iPad Pro each year just to play FM Touch. It doesn't really make any sense.

No I disagree Lucas. It’s not about punishment. Also SI don’t need to bring out a game that only meets the specifications of the newest highest tech gadgets. However when a new game comes out you expect year on year improvements not regression. Otherwise you’re being missold to, which is unfortunate to say the least. FM has some of the most loyal fans (paying customers). Be honest with them and either offer a demo or state that the graphics for 19 are equally poor.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, steam just is said:

No I disagree Lucas. It’s not about punishment

I think you should read what I said again because I disagreed with it being about punishment also

There are year on year improvements with new features, performance has to be balanced with detail and that’s been done to ensure a stable playable product. 

I don’t see anywhere the user is being ‘missold’, that’s not clear to me at all. I think you’ll find the official feedback you get is honest, just because you disagree doesn’t mean that isn’t true. 

The graphics are a key part of the game Lucas. If they get worse SI should state that on the packaging. It is a fair assumption to make on behalf of the consumer that the graphics will get better every year as per every other video game in the world. 

What SI did is take a fillet steak and turn it into rump as more people would order that product. Fair enough. But label it as such. 

The official feedback is very honest. I would like the initial product description to be honest as well. As per where this thread began.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, steam just is said:

The graphics are a key part of the game Lucas. If they get worse SI should state that on the packaging. It is a fair assumption to make on behalf of the consumer that the graphics will get better every year as per every other video game in the world. 

What SI did is take a fillet steak and turn it into rump as more people would order that product. Fair enough. But label it as such. 

The official feedback is very honest. I would like the initial product description to be honest as well. As per where this thread began.

Generally speaking more detailed graphics would entail trade offs with performance (frame rate, stutter, battery life, heat, etc etc), which is due to the hardware you're playing this on. 

Fair enough it's not to your liking, but developers have to make decisions with respect to performance / detail with the devices released on in mind to make the best game possible. The flip side is, it could look nicer but not play as smoothly.

I'm not really sure what 'initial product description' (or part of) is you're talking about though, you haven't made clear what it is you think is incorrect.

Which are technical decisions I don’t pretend to understand. And I’m sure SI is only doing what’s best for the greatest number of people. I.e lowering visual performance but allowing a lot more people to enjoy the game. Which is fair enough.

Haha. my very first statement was give us a demo so we know whether the graphics have worsened - the reason why this would be fair is that lowering graphic standards from one year to the next is such an anomaly in the world of gaming the consumer should be made aware before they spend their money. I’m sure you understand my point. I certainly understand yours and understand why SI what to maximise usage but it comes down to letting people know. 

I don’t want to take up,anymore of your time Lucas. You are always honest and direct and that is very much appreciated. SI created the best game and the only game I play now. When I say we’ve been missold I don’t mean to come across as aggressive. I think a better way of putting it would be that before release it was never clearly stipulated the graphics were worsening. I don’t think that was fair. I hope the same mistake isn’t made this year.

• Administrators

Fair enough. Demos aren't easily made available on the app stores and the user experience for those that are demos are often clunky and misleading for users (ie. "Free" but with In-App purchases to 'upgrade'). That might be partly why you don't really see game demos on the app store. I can't even think of any myself.

I think expecting companies to say something is worse isn't really practical for them. I'd suggest maybe looking up reviews, Youtube etc if you want to get an insight before you buy next time.

Sorry for my interruption into your discussion. But I have to tell something. I understand that lower details will help to improve performance. But we can still notice that advertising boards are still HD and there is no possibility to disable them, they definitely slows things down, this is annoying - SI prefer to get more money from advertisers instead of consumer satisfaction. FMT 18 is the worst ever and I will not buy 19

Archived